If u owned a gym what totalitarian policies would u enforce?

12346»

Replies

• MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Anyone who spends more than 30 minutes in the changing rooms. My pet hate is women I don't know about Men so can't say) who seem to use the changing room facilities and spend longer in there getting showered and faffing about that they do working out!

Guys who lift weights who wear light grey/white jogging bottoms and no underwear. I do not want to see your junk swinging about thanks.

Guys who wear DENIM in the gym - Why?!!!!

Women who power walk on the treadmills for 40 minutes whilst having a full TMI conversation with their friend. No one needs to power walk for 40 minutes and I don;t care about Tracy who slept with Bob and now has and STI.

Powerplates. Pointless. None of these in my gym whatsoever.

Skinny women who clearly have some sort of ED who are in the gym all the time. If your BMI is classed as underweight you shouldn't be allowed in a gym.
  • Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    If you can't do at least 5 pullups after your first month of membership, your membership dues increase 30%.

Like the other stuff but this one's a little harsh. There are ALOT of people who can't even do one pull up even though they're in pretty good shape.

Let's keep the bar a little higher than that dude lol. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if you can't do 1 pull up/chin up you're not in pretty good shape.
  • kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    one and only rule: Don't be a douche.

Probably not the best business plan for a gym since that is the client base they tend to attract.

^This.
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    Post-workout wine bar.

Also, if you don't wipe your sweat off of a bench/machine after using it, you're given a warning. Second time you fail to de-sweat your machine, you're done. NO GYM FOR YOU!
  • SassJess81
    SassJess81 Posts: 75 Member
    one and only rule: Don't be a douche.

Probably not the best business plan for a gym since that is the client base they tend to attract.

Keeping with this theme...pre-gym you must bathe with soap and water, not cologne.
    No wife beaters.
    No standing around in groups, leaning on the equipment and talking about your awesome weekend.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    no talking on your cell phone while on any machine period
    if you don't sweat your make up off then you're not working hard enough and you must leave
    you are not allowed to use the equipment as a seat so you can chit chat and gossip. go to the locker room for this
    Strolling on the treadmill is not allowed - if you want to go for a stroll go outside and stroll all day long in fact you can chit chat on your cell phone while on your stroll OUTSIDE.

sneakers are the only form of shoes allowed in my gym.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Skinny women who clearly have some sort of ED who are in the gym all the time. If your BMI is classed as underweight you shouldn't be allowed in a gym.

Wow, that's harsh. You won't even let them lift weights? I would say a cardio ban unless training for a specific event/sport would be more appropriate.

I would like to see HRM on the cardio machines and flashing lights and alarms if a person isn't working at a high enough intensity
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    If you can't do at least 5 pullups after your first month of membership, your membership dues increase 30%.
    If you can do 5 pullups, you're already done and don't need to be going to a gym.

With love,
    Jack Handey
  • lesriens
    lesriens Posts: 17
    In my gym, skinny people with legs the size of my arms who think doing pullups is badass have to load and rack the 100lb plates for the squatters and deadlifters.

In my gym, caveman-like big brutes that express themselves through grunts and cannot do at least 10 pullups to save their life have a huge discount to their membership because they are still an interesting sideshow.