Protein for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• laurellea123
    Options
    I have about 1/2 cup oatmeal, with 1 tsp of cinnamon and add about 1/2 scoop of chocolate protein. It is really yummy!
  • nivekeh
    nivekeh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My favorite morning shake:
    Choc Whey Protein
    A little Coffee
    Banana
    ice
    skim milk
    yogurt

Any berries are great also. I do the same shake later in the day without the coffee.
  • nivekeh
    nivekeh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have about 1/2 cup oatmeal, with 1 tsp of cinnamon and add about 1/2 scoop of chocolate protein. It is really yummy!

I like that idea. Oatmeal definitely needs something to make it more exciting.
  • meechyg
    meechyg Posts: 1
    Options
    I do protein and carbs in a.m. I love peanut butter so I do either a half or a whole Thomas Honey Wheat extra fiber muffin w/p.b. and some fruit. Fills me up for a quit a while and I get my p.b. fix, I tend to not want to snack so much when I have this first thing
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and Greek yogurt are great.

I sometimes put a chunk of tofu in my fruit smoothie (1 cup soymilk, 2-3 oz soft tofu, .7 cup of frozen berries, maybe a scoop of unsweetened cocoa powder--it comes out tasting like ice cream, I love it).
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. Half a toasted muffin with cheese, turkey, tons of veggies and salsa. Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to the oatmeal with fruit.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning so I eat 2 high protein mini breakfasts - before the workout I eat 2 scrambled egg whites with a tablespoon of 2% shredded cheddar. After the workout I eat either a homemade egg mcmuffin (Thomas Triple Health English Muffin, one egg, 1 oz deli ham and a slice of ultra thin provolone (Sargento), or I eat a yogurt parfait (1/2 c non fat yogurt, 1/4 c low fat cottage cheese, 1/2 banana, 1T walnuts, 1/2 c blueberries, 1/4 c Uncle Sam cereal). I eat PB2 peanut butter with an apple or hummus with celery for a morning snack.
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelete with spinach turkey and little 2% chedder cheese. Over 30g of protein. Keeps u full well passed noon
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I eat most of my protein at breakfast, during the week I eat greek yogurt w/Kashi Go Lean & a boiled eggs, 30g of protein, weekends, 3 scrambled eggs with spinach and oatmeal, around 25g of protein. Helps keep me feeling satiated most of morning, though for a mid-morning snack I may have a piece of fruit or a handful of almonds.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Ron-Swanson-breakfast.jpeg
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    One thing I notice Is that people think they gotta eat carbs or traditional breakfast foods. Get away from the carbs in am and you will feel fuller with high protein. Egg whites are the best and super versitle. They take on the flavor of the foods u put in it.
  • 748marie
    748marie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My breakfast everyday is usually ezekiel bread (toasted) with 1 piece of antibiotic free turkey bacon. This is loaded with protein, potassium and good carbs.. I cannot stand oatmeal lol.. I just can't do it, so this is a nice alternative. Also i add half an apple or half a banana to the mix :) Hope this helped.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can always make oatmeal cookies

2 bananas
    1 cup oatmeal

Mix together and bake @ 350 for 15 mins. I usually add in a little peanut butter and a few chocolate chips. It makes 3-5 cookies depending on the size. I really like these.

Greek yogurt
    String Cheese
    Spinach smoothies (spinach, fruit, greek yogurt and protein powder)
    Think thin protein bars
  • mr5string
    mr5string Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    With training hard, and on a low carb diet I eat an 8oz Organic Buffalo steak for breakfast along with 6 unsalted cashew nuts & 3 walnuts. Great start to every day.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I'm having leftover dal this morning. If I'm not having leftovers for breakfast I will often have yogurt or a quesadilla. If you don't limit yourself to "breakfast" foods, you can eat whatever you like for breakfast and that makes it easier.
  • workingirl706
    workingirl706 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    this sounds good...I'm not sure what the PB2 is though?
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Make your oats with greek yogurt or cottage cheese. Or toss in some whey :) Nice protein additional, flavour, and you get to enjoy your oats none the less!

Or I make a huge smoothie with protein, spinach and loads of good fruit.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/921916-cinna-pb-and-mango-blueberry-protein-smoothie-with-spinach
  • CDeRuyter
    CDeRuyter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Protein smoothie with fresh fruit. You can add things like berries, banana, peanut butter, etc to your protein powder.

I add plain Greek yogurt to my morning shake. It also includes almond milk. A large glass of it will keep me full almost until lunch.