Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    breakfast = breaking the fast.

Doesn't have to be when you wake up :smile:

LOL at constipation from no breakfast.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member
    I think the whole having to eat breakfast and not eating after 6 pm thing is bro-science.

It's not only untrue but especially difficult to follow for those of us who have unusual work schedules.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    What currently seems to be working for me is bulletproof coffee. basically, I put 1 tbs coconut oil and 1 tbs unsalted grass-fed butter and this morning I added half a scoop of chocolate protein whey isolate. Then I mix it all with a frother until it's foamy and creamy. It keeps me full until about lunch and it's about the same amount of calories I'd normally eat for breakfast anyway, only with much less annoyance.

I have to admit the thought of this concoction made me go "blueh"...but each to their own!!
  • thisisme13
    thisisme13 Posts: 150
    The thing about breakfast is that it gets your digestive system going, by skipping breakfast you might end up constipated.
    Your body will metabolise food better if you do eat breakfast.
    Have something that is high fiber like cereal or fruit.

What??
  • thisisme13
    thisisme13 Posts: 150
    Breakfast is very important. It depends on what you are eating that is causing you to be hungry later.
    I personally have to eat 6 small meals a day or my body goes into starvation mode.
    Fiber and protein are to great items that will help keep you full longer.

Starvation mode is a myth... not eating 6 times a day won't cause your body to hold onto fat or make you not lose weight.