Story behind your username

Replies

• jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    middle name and my husband used to call me honeybee. lol Kind of stupid but makes me smile. The extra E is for how he used to say it. lol
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    i love mermaids
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Well, it all started when I worked at a Value Village thrift store when I was in college. Every day George Thorogood's "Bad To The Bone" would play in the store and a bunch of my co-workers started singing B-B-B-Brad Brad To The Bone. I've used it ever since.

Back in college (25 years ago. :noway: ), I worked with a girl named Eileen.
    Guess what song we sang to her? :laugh:
  • tripledipped13
    tripledipped13 Posts: 78 Member
    A few weeks ago a friend and I were talking about life and the subject of my SO's ex wife came up and she asked me what she looked like so I got on my phone (on Facebook) and pulled up her pics to show her....well my friend looked at me like I was completely crazy and ask me why I had provacitive pics of my SO's ex on my phone....needless to say she did not realize I was on Facebook!! I explained it to her but later that day she sent me an e-card on Facebook that said: "Well aren't you just a lollipop triple dipped in pshyco" since then she calls me Triple Dipped and 13 comes from this year 2013 :laugh:
  • heavenlyhazel
    heavenlyhazel Posts: 89 Member
    I have what I think are beautiful, hazel eyes...in fact, I think they are Heavenly as they are very unique in how they are ringed with all different colors from blue to green to brown to gold with flecks also in them. Hence my username. I was also tired of using my initials or my name in everything!
  • I like to shake my rump ha
  • gillmitch
    gillmitch Posts: 64
    Just my first and last name put together
    (Makes it easy to remember)

this
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    I think that the story behind my username is quite obvious. :wink:
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Always been passionate about threads. :)
  • More_Dakka
    More_Dakka Posts: 119 Member
    Mine name comes from a story-telling trope.

Long story short: Any problem can be solved if you have enough firepower

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MoreDakka
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    I've actually had a few people get the story behind my user name. Well at least the derivation of it anyway. My first college degree was in vocal performance and I love opera but it took me many years to get into Wagner's operas. Finally I did. At one point, I was fully immersed in, and my now favorite opera is, Tristan und Isolde. I was joining a new message forum for the first time, never really being on any message forum before. So I thought about a name. And one thread they were talking about the upcoming Metropolitan Opera season (a few yeas ago) which included performances of T&I. So I was thinking about T&I and it hit me. The final scene of T&I, the big aria from the entire opera. Tristan is dead, bodies everywhere on the stage. And Isolde slowly, quietly sings. The scene is called the Love Death, or Liebestod, and is one of the most spectacular in all of opera, and to come at the end of the evening, some 5 hours after startgin, is a remarkable feat for any soprano to manage. And I realized Liebestod, could be split into 3 English names or words: lee, bess, and toad. And with that leebesstoad was born. And has been used on multiple sites ever since. Even some of my friends now call me Lee. It's become almost an alter-ego. Lee says things that I might never say in real life. It really is a freeing experience to have an alter-ego.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Don't ask.
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    dont like mine and want to change it (can you?)
    dont know why i chose it, was the 1st thing that come into my head when signing up,

like the name your mum gives you i'm stuck with it now i guess
  • kelsierose094
    kelsierose094 Posts: 232 Member
    This one time, Kelsey Grammer gave me a rose..

Kidding, Kelsie is my first name and Rose is my middle. I was, however, named after Kelsey Grammer.. (thanks mum)
  • rosehippy77
    rosehippy77 Posts: 54 Member
    really boring...I was drinking a cup of rosehip tea at the time I signed up, the 77 is the year I was born.
  • My user name is based on a comment that my Dr made that made me realise how dangerous being fair skinned, overweight and over 40 is.
  • Mustang_Susie
    dont like mine and want to change it (can you?)
    dont know why i chose it, was the 1st thing that come into my head when signing up,

like the name your mum gives you i'm stuck with it now i guess

Yes, you can change your user name once under settings. :smile:
  • Mustang_Susie
    My user name is based on a comment that my Dr made that made me realise how dangerous being fair skinned, overweight and over 40 is.

What did your doctor say was the danger(s)?
  • Mustang_Susie
    This one time, Kelsey Grammer gave me a rose..

Kidding, Kelsie is my first name and Rose is my middle. I was, however, named after Kelsey Grammer.. (thanks mum)

Wow, is Cheers that old already?
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Once upon a time in a land far, far away(well not that far) a baby girl was born. Her parents named her Amy Marie. Now she is working hard to get fit.