How young is too young?

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    i'm a big believer of if you have to ask the question you already know the answer in situations like this.

it could work out, you're not breaking any laws, but you're going to want different things out of life and are going to face a lot of opposition.

personally why not just get to know her at the gym, and be a friend first so you actually get to know each each and then see where things take you

I guess I just like coffee better,

Well you can have your coffee while she drinks her chocolate milk :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry but if you have to ask then you know its wrong. You're just looking for people to agree so you can get approval to go ahead with this.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member

Dude, you eat live shrimp and still claim to know better!

I don't eat sea food. Once again, you're clearly clueless about my culture

You're trying to take advantage of the "ancient asian culture" thing, when we all know that most of asia was a swamp where the highest level of intellect barely managed to figure out what end of the pointy stick to poke the frogs with. So I'm going to treat you as an average asian, which eats sea food, including live baby shrimp. And pig-face.

Racist post is racist

How is it racist to claim that a few thousand years back, not all asians where geniuses? Or is it the fact that I claim a lot of asians eat sea-food and pig-face?

And racist post continues . . .

These are the same people who think its perfectly OK to call black folks with disgusting names and saying all the hateful things "because they're true" even though they're not. I hate humanity a little right now after posts like these

Dude, I've lived "in asia" too. Not to mention it's not like a big secret that seafood is big in a lot of asian countries.

Oh right so because you've lived in Asia for a day or two you get to be racist? Is it the same thing as saying "I have a Mexican friend, I can make racist jokes about them" ?
  • I did not read the 16 pages of discussion on this topic, but I just want to add what has probably been said a million times. If you have to ask, she is too young.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member

You're trying to take advantage of the "ancient asian culture" thing, when we all know that most of asia was a swamp where the highest level of intellect barely managed to figure out what end of the pointy stick to poke the frogs with. So I'm going to treat you as an average asian, which eats sea food, including live baby shrimp. And pig-face.

Racist post is racist

How is it racist to claim that a few thousand years back, not all asians where geniuses? Or is it the fact that I claim a lot of asians eat sea-food and pig-face?

These are the same people who think its perfectly OK to call black folks with disgusting names and saying all the hateful things "because they're true" even though they're not. I hate humanity a little right now after posts like these

Rabies is trolling and using racism to offend people. Blank profile, no picture and no friends. I think it's okay to discount anything he writes here.
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    It's not that serious. Just go for the coffee and see if you'd think she'd be too young for you. Although, you fell in love after meeting her and made a post asking if you should date her, so I have a feeling your maturity levels are similar.

But be prepared for the looks and comments when she takes you to prom.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member

You seem to be persistently missing the point over and over again despite how many people point it out to you.

It's seemingly weird to you that a woman 'magically' turns into an adult when she hits 18, but not so weird that a girl 'magically' turns into an adult the second she starts bleeding.

And seeing as you are obviously so unique and follow this ancient culture that no-one would possibly know anything about, why don't you inform us poor uneducated souls as to what that is rather than being so secretive about it?

I would also like to point out, if you really do follow a 300 year old culture, that explains a lot as to why you think it's acceptable to have sex with children. Your culture needs updating.

Wow you're one nasty woman. Just because somebody chooses to ignore your methods you accuse them of wanting ot have sex with children? You're sick and you disgust me.

I can assure you not as much as you disgust me. Your original post said 'old enough to bleed, old enough to breed'. A more recent post said that children in Asia start having periods at 13.

A 13 year old is still a child.

*awaits response about your culture*

dude by your culture (I'm assuming, forgive me if I'm wrong that you're from US), a child turns into an adult overnight at the age of 18 and is old enough to shoot and kill or get killed in a war but is not old enough to drink alcohol till 21. LOL

Actually you are wrong, I'm from the UK, where we can drink at 18. I agree that some things are ridiculous. We can have sex at 16, get married at 16 (with our parents permission), join the army at 16, yet aren't allowed a phone contract. :laugh:

But I hardly think that the two can be compared. And this is now the 3rd time I've said this but you keep conveniently missing it; a woman 'magically' turning into an adult at 18 is no more strange than a girl 'magically' turning into an adult on her first period.
  • rabies
    rabies Posts: 62

Racist post is racist

Dude, I've lived "in asia" too. Not to mention it's not like a big secret that seafood is big in a lot of asian countries.

Oh right so because you've lived in Asia for a day or two you get to be racist? Is it the same thing as saying "I have a Mexican friend, I can make racist jokes about them" ?

Lived, duded, not "stayed". I still don't know what the racist joke was. The seafood part? Pig-face?
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    By the time I was 17 I had been living on my own for a year, working a full time job and planning on taking out a mortgage to buy my first house.

However I also had friends I knew from school who seemed very much a child at 17yrs old.

I would say it depends entirely upon the person. 17 in the UK is old enough to live on your own, get married, get a drivers license, legally have sex. But its not old enough to drink, vote or take out a mortgage. It's a kind of in between age really.

I'd say definitely maybe go out together, have a meal together, but take it very very slowly. Really it could end up a disaster, but it could work out fab.

PS, I started seeing a guy at 17yrs old who was 26 yrs and it went great. We did end up splitting up 6yrs later but it wasn't anything to do with age difference.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Checked the UK military website. You can join the military at 16. So again the country seems to think you are old mature, enough to die for your country, but people think being 17 is too young to date because you are not mature or you might be used - huh what's wrong here ?? -

ANOTHER very valid point.

Uhm... I'd say that the only thing that point proves is that the UK gov are idiots for allowing kids into the army.

Now British people are idiots?

Let me guess . . . you're American?
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member

I don't understand why you keep bringing India into this conversation? Did your British empire not rape and pillage them enough that you feel the need to finish the job?

... no i'm expressing my opinion of the things that go on there, i didn't have anything to do with the british empire? i don't reallllly think i'm disallowed an opinion because of something that happened 400 years ago

you mean 80 years?

And you are entitled to the opinion. I genuinely would like to know what India got to do with this conversation cause you mentioned it like a couple of times.

Or do you call all brown people Indian and the mention of India is like a funny racist joke on Taunto that flew over my head and I didn't get it?

i'm not racist at all, infact a very multicultural person, no i don't call "all brown people indian" i made no joke at all, he said he was from asia, from what i could tell by his profile i figured india (and i'm pretty sure i'm right) which would make the conversation something to do with india.

given the vast population of indians in my own country i get on very well with them, including my local curry house and newagents on my housing estate i use frequently

i think it's unfair to throw acusations of racism at someone like that, because i think india has laws that need to be enforced rather than just made for the rest of the world to say "oh that's ok then"

^ I'm sure that some of his "best friends" are Indian. Though it's a big assumption that India is relevant.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member

I don't understand why you keep bringing India into this conversation? Did your British empire not rape and pillage them enough that you feel the need to finish the job?

... no i'm expressing my opinion of the things that go on there, i didn't have anything to do with the british empire? i don't reallllly think i'm disallowed an opinion because of something that happened 400 years ago

you mean 80 years?

And you are entitled to the opinion. I genuinely would like to know what India got to do with this conversation cause you mentioned it like a couple of times.

Or do you call all brown people Indian and the mention of India is like a funny racist joke on Taunto that flew over my head and I didn't get it?

Someone said on one of the first pages that she was from india. I think that's how it all started...

Try again, the English gentleman clearly stated that he got India based on looking at the pictures.
  • WTF7
    WTF7 Posts: 140 Member
    As far as I am concerned- the fact that you even have to ask- you already know the answer. Even though age does not matter the older people get, there is a big maturity difference between 17 and 29.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    I think
    rabies, at this point your post became implausible.
  • rabies
    rabies Posts: 62
    Checked the UK military website. You can join the military at 16. So again the country seems to think you are old mature, enough to die for your country, but people think being 17 is too young to date because you are not mature or you might be used - huh what's wrong here ?? -

ANOTHER very valid point.

Uhm... I'd say that the only thing that point proves is that the UK gov are idiots for allowing kids into the army.

Now British people are idiots?

Let me guess . . . you're American?

If the majority of the britts actually consider 16 to be enough for joining the military, then yes. I don't know anyone who really thinks that though. And no, I'm swedish.
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    The creep factor has a mathematical equation: Half the older person's age plus 7. If the younger person is older than that number - you're not a creep. If they're younger than....ew...you're a creep. Therefore the OP should only date people 21.5 years or older....Pure simple science, people. :-)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    ON the edge offfffff seventeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    I have to just slip in here that I am absolutely astonished that this thread has not been locked yet. :laugh:
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    I was 17 when I married someone who was 29. It can work. We were happily married for 13 years. Got a divorce but remained friends when I decided I wanted kids and he didn't.

As long as you're not asking her to decide now to give up children for you I would say be kind, if it doesn't work out you should leave her better than you found her which means not crippling her education by getting her to spend her time with you.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Too young.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Thanks for your replies!

But we do have alot in common and I really feel a connection with her. Isn't age just a number anyways?

Especially when it comes to love?

No. Age is not just a number when you're nearly 30 and she's 17, and you could not possibly "love" someone you barely know. If you really have that much in common with a teenager, I'm not sure that's a good thing.