Who the hell is really so busy?

Replies

• tonitass
    tonitass Posts: 22 Member
    If people have enough time to be posting on the internet then they have enough time to exercise.

AMEN !!
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    I have a full time job, six children including two sets of twins and they're all under 7.5 and am going to school for my masters and I still find time to do p90x.

My good friend has a 40hr a week job and comes home saying she can't work out cause she's exhausted.

I call some major BS.

TWO sets of twins O M G!
  • I most definately haven't been saying I'm too busy to work out. I've never used that excuse. However, I've been CHOOSING to be lazy lately and opt to do other things over working out. (I hate when I get in these lulls! I'm in the process of getting out of it though! I've had FAR TOO MUCH success over the last few months to let the last week of laziness throw me off!!) Anyway, after seeing so many people explaining their regular days, including working out, I'm ready to use that and let you guys motivate me to get my butt in gear again! Thanks for this dramatic thread! Your busy lives and dedication to still working out has made me think again- time to make better choices again!
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    People with kids are not necessarily busier than people without kids. Just saying.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    I work 55 hours a week. travel 3 -4 days a week to clients. Have 2 kids. Wife in graduate school. House and lawn. etc, etc.

I get 5 - 6 in every week.

I have gone running after a long day of travel at 1;00 a.m. I have gotten up to run at 4:00 before i catch a flight.

Lifestyle = life....

I just snuck in 40 minutes at teh gym as that was the only time available today...

Enjoy!
  • chipee27
    chipee27 Posts: 8
    Finding time can be challenging, but it comes down to how bad you want to get in shape/lose weight. I work about 70 hours between 2 jobs, volunteer at my Church and do all the odd and end jobs that come with being a home owner. I put off working out for many many many months/years because of my schedule. Well.... I finally had to just suck it up and DO IT!! I decided that I want to live a healthly life and will do what it takes. I too, have a mother that has been in and out of the hospital (so I know what it's like to care for a parent who has been ill), but I also know that I do not want to have the same heart problems or stroke that happened to my mom. If there is a will, there is a way!!!!
  • My husband works a 12 hours a day and plus he goes to college part time. He still finds time to eat healthy and work out. I also have friends that have 5 or 8 children and work full time, go to school, volunteer and they still find time. So there is really no excuse for me nor anybody else.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    I hear this all the time "I'm so busy..." "No time these days" "Can't do it too stressed/busy" WTF is going on with people these days really? Nevermind just exercise, what is everyone else up to that is keeping them so horribly occupied? We can't all have 18 hr work days... I think it's mostly BS.

O gosh, I dunno, working full time, raising and guiding children into useful young adults, cleaning the house, doing the dishes, cooking, laundry, walking the dogs, worrying about how to get all those things done and still appear to have interest in the things that make life fun. Nevermind keeping everyone in the household nudged forward out of their comfort zones so they can learn and grow. How about being mentally exhausted from keeping your family's world moving forward instead of being mired in old ways. O and let's not forget the parental units who's (god bless their little hearts) minds have seemingly moved backwards in an odd way. They believe all the weird stuff 10 year olds hold dear and (being immigrants) growing the absolutely most bizarre superstitions about food one could *ever* hear on yahoo questions. I swear they were weird when I was growing up but never this weird. :huh:

If I had a nickel for every time I had to say 'google is your friend dad'...I'd probably not be rich but be far from as annoyed as I currently sound :laugh:

Did I mention the DH?...he never knows where his socks are & every eyeroll from my kids elicit this response from me, 'I swear, he was the coolest, funniest, most bad *kitten* guy in the whole world when I married him' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

edited to add: Since our kids are now 24 and 17, we now have more time to put more effort into weight training and eating well. Happy to say, we're more successful at it now than we were when they were small & I was working 50 hrs per wk, DH working much the same.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Did I mention the DH?...he never knows where his socks are & every eyeroll from my kids elicit this response from me, 'I swear, he was the coolest, funniest, most bad *kitten* guy in the whole world when I married him' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

R.O.F.L.

Ok ok, so the consensous is that there are people who manage to work out even though they have truely demanding schedules, by making it a priority, by making it one of those things in their day that takes up the time.

There also some exceptions who very *literally* (that is to say, mathematically) don't have the time to work out. Sucks for you, lol, thought I think it's great that you are staying busy and trying to diet.

Conclusion: Unless you cannot mathematically make the time after your other life or death/money earning activites, you are almost certianly hiding behind the phrase "I'm too busy". :drinker:
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    People with kids are not necessarily busier than people without kids. Just saying.

Do you have kids?
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Wow people need to learn how to get off this site if they dont have time..people need to STOP saying "i am to busy" on this site..i mean if you are on here posting stuff when you have "no time" then get off the computer and go workout..some work outs take as lil as ten mins..like me i have the gym and work out tapes but i give it up to people who are " too busy" and STILL work out!!!
  • At one point, I was out of my house 4 out of 5 week days from 4:45am-10:00/10:30pm (including gym time in the morning). Getting out of bed very early was my only option to get healthy. Besides, in the midst of such a stressful schedule, i believe you NEED that physical release to help you keep it together. Getting up so early isn't fun, but the pay off is worth it!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    it's bs.... and laziness. I think we make time for what's important to us, so what they are basically saying is that whatever they are too busy for isn't important to them.
  • hookilau
    it's bs.... and laziness. I think we make time for what's important to us, so what they are basically saying is that whatever they are too busy for isn't important to them.

When you put all of your time and effort into the job that you do (I was a veterinary technician at a 24 hour Animal Hospital on the 2nd shift) and then come home to doing the same for your children & SO, giving the household all that you feel they deserve, it's no wonder moms and the like end up last on the 'to do' list.

Way to go making an often thankless job even more thankless. O, and while I'm at it, PTA mom who looked me up and down with disdain because I showed up in bloody scrubs to pick up my sick 7 yr old from the office in the middle of the day, just DON'T even....:noway:

edited: gosh. I'm angry today :laugh:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • hookilau

R.O.F.L.

Ok ok, so the consensous is that there are people who manage to work out even though they have truely demanding schedules, by making it a priority, by making it one of those things in their day that takes up the time.

There also some exceptions who very *literally* (that is to say, mathematically) don't have the time to work out. Sucks for you, lol, thought I think it's great that you are staying busy and trying to diet.

Conclusion: Unless you cannot mathematically make the time after your other life or death/money earning activites, you are almost certianly hiding behind the phrase "I'm too busy". :drinker:

agreed :drinker: now make me a mararita on the rocks, salt please, none of that sissy slushy peachy stuff, juice them limes like ya mean it. Feels like I've been throwin' 'bows all damn day.:laugh:
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member

Do you have kids?

How about people with kids are not necessarily busier than people without kids, if they are not involved with their children. Or if the non-parent is working/going to school 16 hours a day, plus gets woken up once or twice a night for a half hour or more to deal withheld someone else's needs. Then yeah. Totally the same.
  • kxlly
    kxlly Posts: 21
    When I hear " I just don't have time for that." I realize it's not important to them and I don't give it another thought. That's just how people are. We don't all make the same things priorities in our lives. It's not right or wrong...just different.:smile:
    Well said!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    110lo9c.jpg
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    People suck. Who cares. lol

ziiiiing