Question for Americans

1234568»

Replies

• LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Yes. Some of us have figured out how to "holiday". England was one of my favourite destinations. Had to go to Paris to get bed bugs last year as well. In 2013 I am concentrating on more US cities.
  • oudixon
    oudixon Posts: 389 Member
    My dad used to take us to Canada every summer for a week or so to fish at a beautiful lake. It's been over 13 years since i have gone. I am thinking next year I would love to take my dad and go again.

I also would love to travel overseas and backpack through Ireland. I have thought about making that as a reward if I lose 130 by next summer. :)

However, it is very expensive.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Yes, many times! The farthest I have been is India. Hubby and I love to travel.
  • London
    France
    Ireland
    Canada
    Mexico
    many places in the US and Hawaii
  • SANDRA_F26
    SANDRA_F26 Posts: 180
    Been to canada and mexico. spent 3 months in mexico es muy bien tiempo!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    twice (three if you count canada)
  • randoswife
    randoswife Posts: 32 Member
    There are so many places I want to see but it's incredibly expensive.

It's not nearly as expensive as people think it is :)

If your income just pays your bills, yes, it is. I have a sister in another state that I rarely see and she is only 8.5 hours away.
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    I have lived and worked abroad for the last ~13 years of my life. I have traveled to 23 different countries.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    I guess a follow up question here would be "How many Americans have barely traveled in their own country.
    I have, but I know so many people that have never been west of Pennsylvania, north of Boston, or south of DC. They have gone to Europe a zillion times, but not to their own land.

I'm at something like 23-24 states. I'd have to count again. People don't ask me that nearly as much.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member

If your income just pays your bills, yes, it is. I have a sister in another state that I rarely see and she is only 8.5 hours away.

My income barely pays my bills (it's a little better now, but last year I was living on an average of $600/month). I prioritize travel over other forms of entertainment, but it's mostly because it's an addiction.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    True- when we lived in England we had a neighbor who was planning his first trip to the US and said he wanted to drive across America. He asked us if we thought it would take longer than a day....
    HA! Exactly my point.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    I guess a follow up question here would be "How many Americans have barely traveled in their own country.
    I have, but I know so many people that have never been west of Pennsylvania, north of Boston, or south of DC. They have gone to Europe a zillion times, but not to their own land.

I've been to all of the states except, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.
  • randoswife
    randoswife Posts: 32 Member

My income barely pays my bills (it's a little better now, but last year I was living on an average of $600/month). I prioritize travel over other forms of entertainment, but it's mostly because it's an addiction.

Ahhhh well where I live, $600 won't even cover rent, not to mention gas, phone, electric, car insurance (and upkeep, tags & inspection), gasoline, groceries ect...you must be lucky
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Not nearly as much as I would like. Maybe it will be more once we boot the kids out the door.

Military - Germany, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Bahrain

Non military - Vietnam
  • Dragon67
    Dragon67 Posts: 123 Member
    Many times...but you don't need to leave the US to feel like you've traveled to a new culture. The US is so diverse; there is so much to experience that is different from wherever you're from. Go see it.

THIS!!!!!! Hubby and I LOVE the US, for several years we have been coming over twice per year and have visited some lovely places, we love theme parks so tend to work out trips around those, flying onto Boston and driving to Chicago and back was fun, so was driving around Florida, Orlando to Virginia was a good trip to, Vegas to West Hollywood then to San Francisco and back was magnificent, this May it is Texas, Houston, up to Dallas and unsure where else ANY IDEAS people ? then In November back to Florida for some more sightseeing... you have a lovely country :heart: :love: