Favorite Pressure Cooker Recipes

13»

Replies

• Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    I just did a frozen pork tenderloin on Monday. I cut them in half before freezing because it is just for my wife and I.
    Put frozen tenderloin in pressure cooker, add one cup of water, season with whatever seasonings you like (I usually use things like seasoned salt, garlic powder, garlic pepper...etc). Mine has a "meat" setting and I run it twice on that setting. It will cook fine in about 30 minutes, but I like to run it through twice when it is frozen. If it is thawed, then about 30 minutes is usually enough time.

You can then shred it and use it in a lot of different ways such as on tacos or burritos, or add some BBQ sauce and have a pulled pork sandwich.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    I just did a frozen pork tenderloin on Monday. I cut them in half before freezing because it is just for my wife and I.
    Put frozen tenderloin in pressure cooker, add one cup of water, season with whatever seasonings you like (I usually use things like seasoned salt, garlic powder, garlic pepper...etc). Mine has a "meat" setting and I run it twice on that setting. It will cook fine in about 30 minutes, but I like to run it through twice when it is frozen. If it is thawed, then about 30 minutes is usually enough time.

You can then shred it and use it in a lot of different ways such as on tacos or burritos, or add some BBQ sauce and have a pulled pork sandwich.

Oh man! I just had an idea for making carnitas!
  • ki4yxo
    Other than different stocks (I am obsessed), I love Stuffed Artichokes in the pressure cooker!

You need to share this one! :happy:

I did corned beef and cabbage last night.
    Trim, and cook the meat for an hour in about 2 1/2
    cups of water. Release the pressure, and add all
    the veggies. I use carrots, onion, parsnips, cabbage,
    (of course!) baby red potatoes, and corn on the cob
    snapped in half. Bring back up to pressure and cook
    for 5 minutes. (everything is done at 15 psi of course!)
    Seasoning is up to you, but I lay off the salt since the
    corned beef has so much sodium already....
  • squeakylynn
    squeakylynn Posts: 55 Member
    I bought the 8 qt. Wolgang Puck ELECTRIC pressure cooker from TSC 2 weeks ago. I have already made 4 recipes from the recipe book. I am also looking for recipes for an ELECTRIC one that calls for the minutes to cook stuff. There is NO WAY I'd try the regular ones for on top of the stove. Knowing me it would blow up.
  • ki4yxo
    I bought the 8 qt. Wolgang Puck ELECTRIC pressure cooker from TSC 2 weeks ago. I have already made 4 recipes from the recipe book. I am also looking for recipes for an ELECTRIC one that calls for the minutes to cook stuff. There is NO WAY I'd try the regular ones for on top of the stove. Knowing me it would blow up.

What's the max PSI? The newer cookers have a bunch of fail safe
    methods built in. (even the stove top ones) I grew up with my Dad
    using one all the time, and now I've got it nailed down pretty good.
    Just bring it up to pressure, lower the heat, and let the jiggler do
    it's thing! :wink:

The pdf file I posted shows cook times mostly for 15 PSI,
    but does has some 10 PSI cook times...
  • ki4yxo
    I made black beans last night. Bring up to pressure, and cook for
    2 minutes. Take off the heat and let rest for an hour. Mean while
    you can make rice, and the main dish. (say fajitas?) :tongue:

Add the rest of the ingridients, and cook for 10 minutes at 15 psi.

Generic - Goya Black Beans Dry, 1 container (3 cups ea.)
    Natures Place - All Natural Spring Water, 32 fl. (4 cups)
    Generic - Garlic Cloves, Minced, 3 clove
    Bertolli - Extra Light Olive Oil Delicate Taste (a little to keep the frothing down)
    Cumin Powder, 0.33 tbsp (1- TSP)
    Onions - Sweet, raw, 1 onion (diced)
    uttorosso - Canned Diced Tomatoes, 28 oz (not drained)

Quick release, and Kosher salt to taste....

I put down 8 servings, about a cup.

Calories: 157(90 in Goya 1/2 cup)
    Carbs: 42
    Fat: 2
    Protein: 15
    Sodium: 191 (460mg in Goya 1/2 cup)
    Sugar: 6

Both are Goya. The dry beans taste better, are better for you,
    and are much cheaper! :tongue:
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Look on you tube for Indian curried bean and lentil recipes, often called dals. I cook my own chickpeas in my pressure cooker. Make sure you thoroughly wash and soak beans overnight , never fill past half , slightly cover with water and add tsp of oil to keep down foam. Beats the heck out of canned. Creamy pearls of yummy.
  • Yes, please post the recipe!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Well I used the Microwave Pressure Cooker I got for 9.99 twice. Last night I made chicken with baby carrots and russet potatoes in some tomato sauce. Tonight I made stew meat in a beef broth with baby carrots and red potatoes, both were awesome! I guess I'll be keeping this little plastic bucket gadget.

I got a question though, how do you make rise when cooking a meat too? You don't put them in both at the same time do you? Like the chicken I put it for 20 minutes, the meat stew 18. Would the rice not get ruined by that long?

Take a look here. Hope this helps you..
    http://missvickie.com/howto/grains/foolproofrice.html
  • Mangopickle
    I make this all the time. The split pigeon peas or toor dal are available at any Indian market. One cup of peas soaked overnight and put in pressure cooker with just enough water to cover them and 1 tsp of oil and cooked for 10 min on medium as soon as it starts to hiss. Then let cool 10 min.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JuNnoikYx0k

I use my pressure cooker for beans and lentils and my slow cooker for meat. You can knock out some calories by using parsnip, daikon or rutabaga instead of potato. They absorb all the meat juice and are really yummy.
  • Mangopickle
    Blowing one up make a helluva mess. Lentils on the ceiling. My fault, legumes foam and need a big volume pressure cooker even though you are only using the bottom 1/3. Also learned to add tsp of oil and rinse all legumes exceedingly well.
  • ki4yxo
    I make beans all the time, and you're right! Make sure to
    rinse them very well and don't forget a little oil. Also keep
    an ear out on the jiggler. If it stops jiggling, I bump it just
    to make sure the hole isn't clogged.
  • ki4yxo
    I made baby back ribs the other night. I cooked them
    for 20 minutes at 15 PSI, and finished them off in the
    oven with some BBQ sauce. I could have even backed
    off on the time a few minutes while in the pressure cooker.

My wife doesn't even like ribs, and she said she's been
    converted! :tongue:

photo2.jpg
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    love, love, love my pressure cooker! doesn't heat up the kitchen, you can take meat right out of the freezer and have dinner ready lickitysplit. my cousin, who is also my roommate, is terrified of it. works for me, keeps her out of the kitchen!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Following. All I know how to cook in kine is chicken breasts and quinoa.