Runners: Where to put phone?

Options

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I just carry it? In my hand.... seems like an obvious solution to me.

Yup :)

Depends how long you want to carry it. I don't want to carry my for 45 minutes to an hour.
  • kimberly728
    kimberly728 Posts: 124
    Options
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11514407

this is an arm band but its really stretchy and fits the phone in making sure it doesnt fall out. my husband and i both use these, they work perfectly.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Mountain Equipment Coop has nice little tiny fanny pack like things that are perfect!
  • elizabethpais
    elizabethpais Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you could always velcro the arm band you have around your bra strap. safe from moisture, and saves you from having to buy/make something new :D
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    My Under Armour Second Skin spring jacket has a little pocket on the inside that fits keys, phone, etc. But in the summertime or warmer weather, I wear my Joggers Belt. It carries my water bottle and has a little pocket for phone and keys. The brand I use is camelbak.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I just carry it? In my hand.... seems like an obvious solution to me.

I did this for a while, and then got one of those arm band holder things.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I got one of these, and it's amazing.

http://www.flipbelt.com/

Belt_Close_Up__11345.1349754553.1280.1280.gif
  • PototaeLuvvr
    Options
    I just put it in the baskit of my skooter
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    FOR ALL THE WOMEN PUTTING THEIR CELL PHONES IN THEIR BRA WHILE RUNNING

Doctors warn of breast-cancer link to keeping cell phone in bra

Could where you carry your cell phone make you sick? Some doctors say they're seeing evidence of breast cancer that could be linked to where some women keep their mobile phones.

Tiffany Frantz and other young women tell KTVU it's convenient way to hold on to their cell phone. "I put my cellphone right in my bra," said Frantz.

However, her mother Traci Frantz expressed misgivings. "We never took it seriously until after she was diagnosed," said Traci Frantz.

At the age of 21 years old, Tiffany got breast cancer.

"Her tumors were exactly where her cellphone had been against her skin her bare skin for about six years," said Traci Frantz. Their family has no genetic or other risk factors. Surgeons ended up removing Tiffany's left breast.

"It's kinda coincidental that it's right where I kept my cellphone," said Tiffany.

Coincidence? Donna Jaynes got breast cancer at 39. Her family also no had risk factors for cancer. Her doctor showed KTVU the dots where her tumors developed just a half an inch beneath her skin.

"All in this area right here, which is where I tucked my cellphone," said Jaynes. She said she did just that for ten years. She had a mastectomy.

"I thought cellphones were safe. I was under the impression that they were," said Jaynes.

Breast surgeon Lisa Bailey believes cellphone-related breast cancer may be common. But doctors rarely ask about phones.

"I would never wear a cellphone immediately next to my body and I would advise all women not to do that," said Bailey.

Nevertheless, new bras are now on the market with pockets for cellphones. This may be convenient, but doctors said they are risky, especially for younger women.

"These young breast in the early evolution are more sensitive to changes that might lead to cancer," said Dr. John West, a breast cancer surgeon.

West, his colleague Dr. Lisa Bailey and others are now sounding an alarm. They say men are also getting breast cancer by putting their cellphones in their shirt pockets. The wireless industry denies any problem citing a lack of scientific evidence that cellphones cause breast cancer.

"Until further data either supports it or disproves it, I would keep cellphones away from the body, in particular the breasts," said Dr. June Chen.

Doctors recommend cell phone users read manufacturers fine print. For instance, iPhone manuals suggest users keep their phone at least 5/8 of an inch away from any body part.

"It's as simple as that and it might save a life. It might avoid a mastectomy, chemotherapy. It's easy enough to do. Why take a chance?" asked West.

Tiffany's mom says she wishes she'd spoken up.

"I am convinced her cellphone has caused her breast cancer," said Traci Frantz.

"If there is a risk and we don't find out about it for five or ten years from now, we're going to see a whole cluster of young people with breast cancer," said Dr. John West.
  • EmAnCiNaS
    EmAnCiNaS Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I USED TO PUT IT ON MY BRA/SPORTS BRA, UNTILL I HEARD THAT THIS CAN CAUSE BREAST CANCER, NOW I FEEL SCARED TO.. LADIES, BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.. NOW I JUST TRY TO WEAR SHORTS OR PANTS THAT HAVE POCKETS SO I CAN PUT IT IN THERE. GOOD LUCK!
  • EJSunflower
    EJSunflower Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    An arm band made especially for cell phones....got mines at walmart for 10 bucks and i love using it...it also has an adjustable strap...
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    FOR ALL THE WOMEN PUTTING THEIR CELL PHONES IN THEIR BRA WHILE RUNNING

Doctors warn of breast-cancer link to keeping cell phone in bra

Could where you carry your cell phone make you sick? Some doctors say they're seeing evidence of breast cancer that could be linked to where some women keep their mobile phones.

Tiffany Frantz and other young women tell KTVU it's convenient way to hold on to their cell phone. "I put my cellphone right in my bra," said Frantz.

However, her mother Traci Frantz expressed misgivings. "We never took it seriously until after she was diagnosed," said Traci Frantz.

At the age of 21 years old, Tiffany got breast cancer.

"Her tumors were exactly where her cellphone had been against her skin her bare skin for about six years," said Traci Frantz. Their family has no genetic or other risk factors. Surgeons ended up removing Tiffany's left breast.

"It's kinda coincidental that it's right where I kept my cellphone," said Tiffany.

Coincidence? Donna Jaynes got breast cancer at 39. Her family also no had risk factors for cancer. Her doctor showed KTVU the dots where her tumors developed just a half an inch beneath her skin.

"All in this area right here, which is where I tucked my cellphone," said Jaynes. She said she did just that for ten years. She had a mastectomy.

"I thought cellphones were safe. I was under the impression that they were," said Jaynes.

Breast surgeon Lisa Bailey believes cellphone-related breast cancer may be common. But doctors rarely ask about phones.

"I would never wear a cellphone immediately next to my body and I would advise all women not to do that," said Bailey.

Nevertheless, new bras are now on the market with pockets for cellphones. This may be convenient, but doctors said they are risky, especially for younger women.

"These young breast in the early evolution are more sensitive to changes that might lead to cancer," said Dr. John West, a breast cancer surgeon.

West, his colleague Dr. Lisa Bailey and others are now sounding an alarm. They say men are also getting breast cancer by putting their cellphones in their shirt pockets. The wireless industry denies any problem citing a lack of scientific evidence that cellphones cause breast cancer.

"Until further data either supports it or disproves it, I would keep cellphones away from the body, in particular the breasts," said Dr. June Chen.

Doctors recommend cell phone users read manufacturers fine print. For instance, iPhone manuals suggest users keep their phone at least 5/8 of an inch away from any body part.

"It's as simple as that and it might save a life. It might avoid a mastectomy, chemotherapy. It's easy enough to do. Why take a chance?" asked West.

Tiffany's mom says she wishes she'd spoken up.

"I am convinced her cellphone has caused her breast cancer," said Traci Frantz.

"If there is a risk and we don't find out about it for five or ten years from now, we're going to see a whole cluster of young people with breast cancer," said Dr. John West.

I talk on it way more than I run with it.... oyyyyy. I guess we are the long term use experiment when it comes to mobile devices with wifi/bluetooth. I still hide from my microwave while I use it! LOL
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    www.ifitnessinc.com

LOVE their belt, never rides up - I find arm bands very uncomfortable.
  • Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can check back when I have time to look at all the suggestions...I had my phone in my sweatshirt pocket for my walk yesterday and it drove me crazy with the pocket hanging out beneath the bottom hem...gotta find a better alternative.
  • aohacket
    aohacket Posts: 3
    Options
    I've boughten several armbands and just haven't had any success with them. I just got WorkaWear shorts for your phone and and I love it, no tan lines or armbands slipping off your arm. I'd recommend it to just about anyone. You can find them at workawear.com
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My problem with putting phone in a pocket, or lower than bra area is that my earphones fall out from being tugged at..or the hanging wires bounce against my chest and it's aggravating. lol
  • rld27
    rld27 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi! I created something exactly for this problem. None of my athletic gear had pockets so I developed this product! What do you think? www.isportsbra.com :smile:
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Get a tube sock. Cut the foot part off of it. Use the top part of the sock around your arm, with your phone inside. I usually double it (so sock/phone/sock with the fold at the bottom) and then pin the top to make sure it doesn't fall out.

Wow, this is quite crafty. I usually just stick my phone in a zipper pocket on my pants (which I also shove my car key in, so I have lovely bulges in weird places). I always make sure that I buy tank tops and pants for running with zipper pockets in them to shove my phone in, but I also don't have a very big phone..

I rather like this sock idea, though, can't lie..
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    old thread revival. I ended up getting a flipbelt but it's now too big lol.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    The flipbelt is pretty cool. I think that rather than spend $29 I could make one out of a small scrap of spandex or even the waistband of some workout capris.

I think it'd be easy to make yours smaller, highervibes? Just cinch it in and run a line of stitches and cut the excess fabric, if it's too much to just leave on. Or rip the existing seam out and re-sew it smaller, I guess, assuming it's not a solid circle of fabric.