The gym didn't see me coming! 90 pounds lost forever!!

Options
123457»

Replies

• andyajc2015
    andyajc2015 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    great job ..well done :)
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great accomplishments. Congrats :)
  • jessroe
    jessroe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, and so happy! Well done
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Great transformation WTG!
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for posting I am 5'3" also current weight 164 I was thinking that 130 was too low and unachievable but ur post inspires me to set it and get it!
  • redkop
    redkop Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Keep it up!!
  • terjackson85
    terjackson85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WOW, Spectacular work and you look incredible. My fiance and I are starting or journey now and are committed. Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing your story.
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Amazing stuff. Great job. Very inspiring
  • marylje
    marylje Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job!
  • Briggs1516
    Briggs1516 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
    chele1028 wrote: »
    Hi!
    I started to lose this weight back in August of 2011 and have lost 90 pounds so far! I have less than 20 pounds to go to get to my goal. This is by far the best thing I could have ever done for myself! I was out of control and knew that I needed to get healthy. I wanted to post this when I got to 50 pounds lost and when I didn't do that, I thought oh when I hit a year, well that didn't happen so here I am at 90 lost, so I will post it now to remind myself that I can do this and I will get there, there is no stopping me now! Feeling good today and finally figured out how to post pics!

I started at 237 lbs and my goal is 130. I am 5'3" and 42 years old.

My measurements:
    Hips were 54 inches, now they are 39 inches.
    Waist (below belly button) was 44 inches and is now 32 inches.
    Weight was 237 and I am now 147.
    I wore a size 1X and 2X in tops and size 18/20 and 22 in pants.
    Now I wear a size Medium and some small in tops and a size 6 and 8 in jeans/shorts. I love these smaller clothes, who knew??!!

I am not a runner at all, not my thing, but I always thought it would be neat to complete a 5K. Mainly because I never thought I would do it. So I jogged my 1st 5K in February of this year. I planned on stopping and walking when I needed to.. but I never did, I ended up jogging the whole race and never stopped! The feeling I had when I was done was simply amazing! I completed it in 43 minutes and signed up right away for my next one which will be on April 13th, the Color me Rad one, I can't wait!!

When I started back in Aug 2011, my main exercise was using the elliptical at the gym. I thought I would die when I did just 2 minutes on it, lol! I built up over time and could easily do an hour if I wanted to. I have since moved on to the Crossramp cardio machine as it really challenges me, and it is a great calorie burner. I still like the elliptical, just had to change things up. I went to the gym 5-6 days a week and have done so ever since. I would go 7 days and have but have to force myself to take a rest day at times!

Nowadays, my routine is like this, I do hour long spin classes 2-3 times a week.. that is my toughest workout, but love it because it kicks my butt! I do Zumba for an hour 2-3 times a week, my favorite! I go to aqua aerobics classes for an hour once a week, love it more to be social these days, love the people in the class, but a great little workout! I do the Crossramp for cardio on days I don't do spin or zumba, usually a half hour, sometimes to just warm up for weights and sometimes longer. I also do strength/weights 3-4 times a week. I am trying to venture more into the weight lifting section now, slowly but surely, I want to do it!!

While I can't help watching the scale, I have recently up'd my calories and will try to focus on losing more body fat. I sure like fitting smaller clothes! I am trying to appreciate the tape measure more than that scale.

If I can do this.. you can do this! Just let there be no excuses, just go out and do it, tell yourself that you are worth it, everyday!

Thank you to all my pals, your motivation and encouragement are what gets me through each day! You all rock!! :drinker:

Now for the pictures! Before and after (OK During, cuz I am not done yet!)

Thanks,
    Michele

6opldt.jpg1p6m9i.jpg

34xlzpy.jpg

During:

9qk96x.jpg

1wylf.jpg

2i6j98g.jpg

20p087.jpg

• aubned92
    aubned92 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing your story. I have a similar story and love seeing other's progress and accomplishments. Way to go!!
  • ardenspark
    ardenspark Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look fantastic!!! Thanks for posting.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    chele1028 wrote: »
    WOW you look amazing I bet you feel even better I need to lose 100lbs+ how ..... Did you have any issues in the begining not wanting to go to the gym because you were embarrased I just can't seem to go and my husband is in the navy so the base gym is free any advice on getting over that thanks :)

Thanks all! I was a little nervous going to the gym in the beginning to be honest, but I just rolled with it and knew what I had to do to get where I wanted to be one day.

Great job not to overthink it. One of the quotes that sticks in my head is to not be your own biggest obstacle. There are enough things out there, excuses, etc to keep us from our goals. Don't turn your own head game into part of it :)

Really awesome work, and gorgeous waist, by the way!!
  • Lareessa
    Lareessa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Chele, what did you do in terms of your diet? It would be great if you could share. Thanks.
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!
  • KimiAR
    KimiAR Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look so cute!!
  • marjoyrin123
    marjoyrin123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look like a new person
    Your hard work paid off
    Pics great.
    Keep it up
  • clhancock2014
    clhancock2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are amazing, inspiring, committed, and awesome!!! I loved your comment, “let there be no excuses, just go out and do it, tell yourself that you are worth it, everyday!” I think I need to tape this everywhere in my house to remind me. Keep up the GRRRRREAT work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!