TIRED TIRED TIRED OF BEING TIRED!!

13»

Replies

• misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Like others have suggested try all the basic stuff first

-eat a bit more for a while and see if that helps (and eat the best you can, if i eat crap all day, i feel like crap)
    -try to go to bed earlier or sleep later ( i know it sucks going to bed early, but if it's what your body needs, then so be it)
    -make sure you have a rest day (it's good for the mind and the body)
    -stress could be causing it
    -Are you on any new medications?
    -Do you suffer from allergies (allergies and fatigue love each other)
    -Have you had your thyroid checked (it's a simple blood test)

If you go test out all the basic stuff and you still feel that tired, then see a doctor because it might be something else.

i was sleeping 9-12 hours a night, eating healthy (lots of protein, fruit, veggies and water), less stressed than I had been in a while, and I was almost falling asleep at the wheel. That's when I went to the doctor and was put on medication for Chronic Fatigue (after a bunch of blood tests to rule other things out) which apparently is more common in those of us with hella allergies.
  • dark_angel1554
    dark_angel1554 Posts: 65 Member
    Have you had your thyroid level checked?

I agree with this question - you should really consider having your thyriod checked. I was feeling extremely tired through December and January, and as it turns out I was low on Iron. My mother is anemic, and it runs in the family. I started taking iron daily, and it made a huge difference on my energy levels.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    I was tired all the time and had an iron deficiency - periods mean that women tend to get low iron. You need a blood test to check - and ask to have your thyroid checked at the same time. Also, try to get more sleep, 6 hours a night isn't enough for most people, long term.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    I have my MFP diary settings set to show me how much iron and potassium I'm getting each day. If you are concerned that you may not be getting enough iron in foods you eat, you could monitor it that way.

Also, 6 hours of sleep is not enough and if that is your regular sleep amount, eventually it will catch up with you.
  • Fitbilk
    Fitbilk Posts: 2
    I started a diet or way of life to get rid of my type two diabetes. I have lost 17lbs the first month. My wife bought this book at Costco by Dr. Furnham, he also has a website. Its mainly vegan but I have never ate so much and had so much energy and I'm full, It is mainly protein. I am going to start exercising when it warms up but so far I haven't done anything. My wife is pissed because it is working for me, she has been dieting forever and I have lost so much already. I wake up refreshed every morning around 5:00 and sometimes sooner. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    You need sunshine dear. Seriously. If no sunshine is available, then meditate for a good 5 minutes if you can. Just stop, close your eyes, and focus on your breath.
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    MelissaOnPurpose Posts: 111 Member
    It's one o'clock and here I sit soooooooo tired. I eat healthy, and enough. I exercise enough. Most nights I get at least 6 or more hours of sleep. But i'm soooo tired. Like dragging myself through water tired.

So what I'm looking for is tips on how you, my lovely MFP peeps, energize yourselves. Of course there's caffeine fixes... but what else? Caffeine can't be the only thing keeping you amazing people going all day. How do you get past the 3:00 hump?

Get up and walk...Eat some fruit!
  • I would like to see you get a little more sleep. Also at 1pm, it might be good to go outside and walk for 15 min or so. I know I get tired sitting at my desk and I can either eat some sugar (boooo!!!!) or go for a short walk to break up the day :) GL!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    More sleep. I would fall to pieces on 6 hours every night. Just one day running on 6 hours is difficult.
    More food. Doing strength training, you need more than 1270 a day, imo. Especially with so little to lose.
    I would just try those basics first.
  • jennyredfern
    jennyredfern Posts: 94 Member
    AMINO ENERGY!!!! and at least 7 hours.

Its like an energy drink BUT its a powder supplement you add to water. You can get it at any health supplement store. I recommend Grape. Not a fan of the others. My trainer made me get it and now I love it and most days don't go without it. Weekends I usually don't use it. Only during the work week. Weekends I get to nap with my daughter LOL

I use it and LOVE it! Have you tried the Watermelon flavor. My favorite! Thanks for the advice! :)
  • jennyredfern
    I feel your pain and had my thyroid taken out in 2010 and have been extremely tired beyond words. Your thyroid controls every thing including your metabolism so I would strongly suggest thyroid level tests and check your neck at your next annual. Doctors do not automatically check your thyroid so ask them. Luckily my thyroid cancer was found from an unrelated MRI very early. Good luck! Hypothyroidism signs and symptom may include:
    Fatigue
    Increased sensitivity to cold
    Constipation
    Dry skin
    Unexplained weight gain
    Puffy face
    Hoarseness
    Muscle weakness
    Elevated blood cholesterol level
    Muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness
    Pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints
    Heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods
    Thinning hair
    Slowed heart rate
    Depression
    Impaired memory
    [/quote

Wow... I do have several of those issues. Not a fan of medical tests... but you have me thinking!!
  • jennyredfern
    I started a diet or way of life to get rid of my type two diabetes. I have lost 17lbs the first month. My wife bought this book at Costco by Dr. Furnham, he also has a website. Its mainly vegan but I have never ate so much and had so much energy and I'm full, It is mainly protein. I am going to start exercising when it warms up but so far I haven't done anything. My wife is pissed because it is working for me, she has been dieting forever and I have lost so much already. I wake up refreshed every morning around 5:00 and sometimes sooner. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!

That's great! Good for you... once you add the exercise in you will see even more change. Glad to see you know diet is the most important thing with losing weight. My mom has been trying to lose weight (also has type 2 and very sedentary other than her short "walks" to lose weight) for years, but eats probably upwards of 3000 to 4000 calories a day.

Congratulations for choosing a healthier life. :)