Quick Breakfast Ideas

2»

Replies

• mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    If I'm in a rush, I'll have peanut butter, raisins and spread it over apple slices. It also makes a great snack..
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    In a hurry blend 1c. skim milk with on packet weight control oatmeal, I like cinnamon and I add a little extra cinnamon and a hand full of frozen blueberries. TOTAL CALORIES 270
  • tmgmcg
    tmgmcg Posts: 5 Member
    Toast a 100 calorie english muffin, spray "I can't believe it's not butter" add a slice of tomato and a slice of fat free cheese. You can put in the toaster over for a minute to melt the cheese a little. It's under 200 calories and tastes good. You could easily add scrambled egg whites for protein.

I also love scrambled egg whites with some green onion and tomatoes in a high fiber tortilla. The egg whites really hold me over until lunch.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    I have been toasting a fat free crumpet, topping it with one scramble egg that I scramble with frozen peppers I cut and froze earlier so they are handy. I top it with a low cal cheese slice. Very filling and yummy and only 225 calories.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    i have been eating a variation of the same breakfast for as long as i can remember....

1 100cal mini bagel or english muffin or the sandwich rounds (all 100-120calories)
    1 slice of kraft 2% cheddar cheese (60 calories)
    1 1oz slice of publix sweet ham (35 calories)

voila my own "breakfast sandwich and it only costs me 195 calories and i get protein, carbs and dairy...

i always eat a fruit depending on what we have: watermelon, strawberries, grapes, apple or a very small combination of each for a mini fruit salad and my coffee with FF french vanilla creamer and splenda

i typically can get away with just around 300 calories for breakfast depending on the fruit i choose for that day...
    with an average of 1500 calories allowed each day that is a pretty good start to my morning....
This discussion has been closed.