RUNNERS POST YOUR PICS!

123457»

Replies

• lairdg
    lairdg Posts: 7 Member
    I have been running since October 2012 and have lost 56 pounds using running as one of my primary forms of Cardio. I have done a lot of Spinning as well during this time as well. I started with a Couch to 5k running app and then did the Couch to 10k program. Since I have completed both of the programs I have started to run between 4-6 miles at least 4 times per week. I have no pictures to share but I am glad that I started to run. When I initially started to take my health seriously I was just over 400 pounds two years ago and now I am doing to 272 and continue to drop weight.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    No pictures here but I can also attest to the fact that running helps TREMENDOUSLY with toning the lower body. I am now attempting to add strength training to my exercise circuit in hopes of loosing more inches and toning up! Good luck and if you are looking for a starting point, C25k WORKS!!!! And works WELL!!!!

My story, too. I started with a goal of walking 15 minutes a day at Christmas...no excuses. I didn't even HAVE to sweat if I didn't want to re-shower. Just get it done. Now, I'm running 5k's four months later, lost 15.5 pounds. : ) I would recommend some days of cross training however. Runners are known for injuries, and you need something to keep doing if you strain something, stretch something, or need a break. Plus, your upper body needs some weight training to get your core in good shape. You'll be a better runner with good strong glutes, quads, and core.
  • 01wildlife
    01wildlife Posts: 2
    Running is great cardio even if you do not see drastic results but you will tone up for sure...the feeling you get after running is a reward in itself...make it personal goals such as a 5K in your area & work up from there...I am short distance runner but love running trails and feel great after doing so...be careful to stay on track w/eating, its easy to think you just burned a bunch of calories and end up gaining instead of losing...good luck!
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 350 Member
    I don't know how to post pics (and I am notorious for my anonymity), but I just wanted to say running is the best thing I do with my life and for my mental and physical health, it has given me amazing legs and energy, but without having a proper diet to accompany it, I am a not-as-attractive-for-my-physique weight. When I watch what I eat (not eat as hungry as I feel because my metabolism is constantly revved up), I look (in my opinion) great! Run, but don't expect it to be a cure all.
  • Ben_1960
    Ben_1960 Posts: 97 Member
    IMG_1350.jpg
    Burnley-20130413-00117-1.jpg
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Only half way, but here's my progress pic -- from when I did my first (possibly only) half marathon in March. I've lost another few pounds since then, and I look much better when it's not tipping down with rain.

5xnc5g.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!