Hardest vice to give up/restrict

12346»

Replies

• worknprogr3s
    worknprogr3s Posts: 24 Member
    Sweets...candy, cookies, cake, anything. I have a horrible sweet tooth and cravings for sweet food.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Hardest for me to give up has been dairy, cheese.

Quitting sugar and junk food was easy. I want my cheese! lol... It is llike a drug with me so I make it a once in a while thing & buy raw cheese when I get it. At least I can eat that without gaining weight or getting a runny nose.
  • Madmadz77
    Madmadz77 Posts: 129 Member
    I am not giving up much. It's more of controlling my intake, but I could binge on chocolate like a heroin addict in the poppy fields of Afghanistan. Just french pastries, I inhaled 10 different eclairs in one day a couple months ago.

*kitten*, I am getting the shakes just thinking about it.
  • wizwitch
    wizwitch Posts: 82
    Mt. Dew - drank on average the equivalent of 6-7 cans per day. Daily headaches are just now subsiding (caffeine withdrawal)!!
  • annemhouse
    annemhouse Posts: 18 Member
    I'm like Homer Simpson...... MMMMMM DOOONUTS

So I skipped the fellowship hour after church and started to walk in the park.
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    I love love love what I call guilty foods:

homemade oatmeal made with heavy cream, butter, cinnamon and honey
    mac and cheese with several different cheeses
    cinnamon buns with homemade icing
    cornbread made with honey and heavy cream
    biscuits with syrup

I still make them and eat them, but smaller portions

I simply cannot stop myself when there is a bag of tostitos and a jar of queso in the house. Can. Not. Stop.
    So i dont let it in. Or I just count the bag and jar as my meals for the day and dig in!
    I put cheese on everything. Cheese is a food group for me. So I sub out lower calorie portions (cant do the fat free cheese cuz it tastes like wax to me)

Everything in moderation.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Artisan breads, hands down!