Confessions of junkfood junkies

Options

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I ate some Doritos, but you know, I've had colossal self control with this chocolate I've been selling for a fund-raiser.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    chocolatecoveredkatie.com
    tasty healthy(ish) desserts annd whatnot
    im totally gonna make the girlscout samoa larabar ::drools::
  • BellaRican85
    Options
    I had a banana pudding milkshake from Zaxby's. I was still under my calorie goal though! :laugh:
  • zooles
    zooles Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Almost an entire bag of Cheetos while meandering stressfully through Target on Tuesday.
  • ceevar
    ceevar Posts: 10
    Options
    Last week, instead of eating dinner, I ate an entire box of mint chocolate cookies. I still ended the day with a deficit.

While I think its great you stayed at calorie deficit. I'm not sure its entirely healthy to replace dinner with a box of cookies.

While the calories are very important in the diet I think people start to rely to heavily on that number. Its important to remember all the nutrients and other things we get from the food..
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have to make a terrible confession that i haven't eaten any junk for for the past 1 year.....

Unfortunately i have developed a thing called as "controlling temptations"

Maybe you should develop a thing called "not being a condescending, sarcastic, self-righteous, holier-than-thou, egotistical jerkhole" :)

i didn't realize that leading a disciplined lifestyle makes you a jerk :)..hehehe

I think it's the wording. I got offended at first but got over it the more I read and realized you probably didn't mean to be condescending.. or at least, I hope you didn't. Regardless, I am just jealous and hope that I can have that level of control one day soon! :)
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    Okay! Okay! i take back my statements! i shouldn't have commented on this thread! people here are just too sensitive

In my experience people just don't like it when the perceive that someone is coming across as being superior due to their choice of eating habits.

Yet, there is a thread today about feeling smug at grocery stores when one buys only healthy food items and others' carts are filled with differing items. I find THAT thread to be filled with more peeps coming across as feeling superior to others. Ugh. The Message Boards are filled with mixed messages.
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    What did i do to deserve such scathing personal attacks ?

I have a big reason to avoid junk food completely.My body is prone to obesity....

I have suffered a lot because of my obese past...so i don't want to consume things which have given me so much pain and suffering...

I hate junkfoods , alcohol, cigarettes and other poisons from the bottom of my heart!
  • taranj21
    taranj21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i had 3 cherry vodka's and sprites last night.....totally worth the calories!
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'am about to have a snicker's ice cream bar right now!! lol. Got to get this craving out my system real quick.
  • abheshek
    Options
    I have to make a terrible confession that i haven't eaten any junk for for the past 1 year.....

Wow, great for you. Feeling superior now?

why should i be feeling superior ?

I am extremely serious about my weight loss program, that does not mean i have superiority complex....

just because someone eats junk food doesn't mean they aren't serious about weight loss. as long as you are eating in your macros, drinking lots of water and having some exercise thrown in there's nothing wrong with having some junk in your belly

I know ! but i was giving my personal opinion! I made a choice to never touch those things ever in my life but nowhere was i advocating or promoting my lifestyle or diet plan....people are free to do whatever they want!
  • abheshek
    Options

And you have an 87 lb weight loss to show for it. Congrats! Junk food can be like crack to me. I totally get what you meant with this post. Keep up the fabu work :smile:

thanks a lot for your support and encouragement!
  • hmandt70
    hmandt70 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'am about to have a snicker's ice cream bar right now!! lol. Got to get this craving out my system real quick.

oooh girl be careful with those...in my experience, they can become addictive! :)
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Congrats to those who can resist sweets.....:happy:

But me I can't. I have a little bit of junk everyday. If not I would crazy. Here soon, some ice cream will be on the menu. :bigsmile:
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I had baked fettuccine, and a giant pumpkin muffin yesterday 1,300 + calories. I enjoyed every calorie filled bite. I call it splurging, and not cheating. I get it once a blue moon, and I am going to enjoy my comfort foods. It is not about indulging it is about over indulging (I admit freely I was one for a long time.) Sometimes you gotta have it right? Truly one of life's pleasures.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, and my daily longjohn donut from Quicktrip.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    And I ate swedish fish and hershey's nuggets with almonds :ohwell:

Darn those hershey chocolates with almonds. I just ate 3.
  • roguestates
    roguestates Posts: 223
    Options
    had a fat, juicy, medium rare burger last night with hand cut fries and a great beer. No regrets.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I eat whole bags of BBQ and All dressed chips... :grumble:
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I had half a bag of Trader Joe's Baked O's the other day (like Funyuns). And then I finished it off the next day. Must never buy those again.