You know what bugs me?

1235»

Replies

• mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Not good ladies..
    more and more are entering the free weight area in tight clothes/shorts and crop tops jiggling around with their but crack /chest crack on display and i tend to put my back to the weights or machine to phsyc myself up for a heavy set and am invariably put off or scared of being accused of looking while i m staring into space or seeing something i shouldnt see !!!

I only go to the gym to train, dont talk and dont want to be made to feel uncomfortable and you wouldnt answer your door dressed like that so why should i have to put up with it !

I'm sorry women prefer to work out and not die of heat stroke? What do you expect them to wear, parkas or long dresses? I see men at the gym walking around in tight shorts and tank tops, so why can't we? There's certainly a line that should be respected, as in have things covered, but tight clothes are perfect for exercise so you shouldn't expect people not to wear them. Did you ever stop to think that maybe women wear tight shorts because they don't chafe like loose ones do? Or maybe they wear 'crop tops' because having a neckline at their neck when working out is bothersome? Most women also go to the gym to train and don't want to be made uncomfortable by YOU staring at them and judging them for what they decided to wear. The only people who should be judging clothing choices at a gym are the staff, and if they think what the women are wearing is appropriate, then maybe it's you with the problem, not them.

Also, how do you know what they would or wouldn't answer the door in? If a woman is lounging around the house in shorts and a tank top and someone comes to the door do you expect them to go change before answering? That's just ridiculous. Perhaps you should realize that most women dress the way they do to be comfortable, not to make you uncomfortable.

Edited to add: I also hate when people run next to me on the treadmills when tons are open. I usually just ignore them though and it stops bothering me after a while. Except one time when this guy was running way too fast for himself and was clearly trying to show off. He even kept looking at my distance and speed and smirking because he was going faster. I've seen him do it to other people too. Those types are the worst, but luckily they're rare.

I just want to get in train hard and get out in 45 minutes... granted there s a time and a place for butt crack and chest crack if a woman is so inclined - but i dont want it stuffed in my face at the gym thankyou !!!!! AS for creepy men using the machine at the side of you when others are free, well its not my fault you attract people like that for some reason now is it .

Well it's a problem if they're up in your face and making it a point to show off. My point was just that you shouldn't judge women for going to the gym and doing the same thing you're trying to do. Is there no way you can face to not see other people? The lifters at my gym usually face the wall so they can focus on themselves, and also because they can watch their form in the mirrors.

I don't know what you're trying to imply with your last statement there, but it's not appreciated. Just so you know, that day I was wearing a t-shirt and decently long shorts. I wasn't showing "butt crack and chest crack". Your implication that I do anything to attract weird guys is insulting and just feeds into society's belief that women shouldn't dress a certain way if they don't want to be bothered. That guy only did that to me once, and I saw him to it to GUY on the ellipticals a few weeks later. It's the guy needing to show off, not me dressing in any particular way. It's people like you that make it impossible for women to just be who they are and not have to fear for their safety all the time. Grow up and stop blaming women.

So you think its ok for women to stuff their butt crack and chest crack out in a gym and hold me responsible for their fear and safety and in objecting to their lack of dress code am interfering with "who they are".

I had no idea someone could ever believe i had so much power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, i think you fail to present any sign of rationality and show signs of unballence and would hope you would seek medical advice at this point.. hope you get well soon .
  • storm15918
    storm15918 Posts: 88 Member
    So you think its ok for women to stuff their butt crack and chest crack out in a gym and hold me responsible for their fear and safety and in objecting to their lack of dress code am interfering with "who they are".

I had no idea someone could ever believe i had so much power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, i think you fail to present any sign of rationality and show signs of unballence and would hope you would seek medical advice at this point.. hope you get well soon .

Did you miss what I said in my first response? "There's certainly a line that should be respected, as in have things covered...". If anything I was agreeing that EVERYONE should be covered properly. But being mad at women for wearing shorts and tank tops is a bit extreme. That was my point to you. The safety comment was in response to you basically saying it was my fault that a guy was being weird next to me at the gym since you were implying that how I was dressed (which you made an assumption about) was what caused that issue. Like I also said before, if someone is violating the gym's dress code then the staff should say something. It's not you as an individual who has power, but a lot of people who think like you do as a whole have power. If anything I've been the one rationally explaining my views to you and the issues that I have with what you've said. Was I annoyed with you and therefore a bit strong in my responses? Yes. But annoyance and irrationality are two very different things. I'm saying people should be able to dress how they want as long as they are covered where it counts. You're saying women shouldn't show skin at the gym, where most people are lightly dressed to begin with. And I'm the irrational and unbalanced one? It's clear to me that you just don't understand what I'm trying to say to you, so I give up. Hopefully someday you'll learn to function around women without having a crisis and demanding they bend to your will. But until then, good luck with your issue.

To the OP and everyone else, sorry for this derailing of the thread. I tried to get it back on track with some humor, but that clearly failed. For what it's worth, I also cover the numbers on the treadmill. I watch them way too much if I can see them and it's just stressful. Unfortunately I've gained a sense of how far I've gone so it's starting to not work anymore lol.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member

Did you miss what I said in my first response? "There's certainly a line that should be respected, as in have things covered...". If anything I was agreeing that EVERYONE should be covered properly. But being mad at women for wearing shorts and tank tops is a bit extreme. That was my point to you. The safety comment was in response to you basically saying it was my fault that a guy was being weird next to me at the gym since you were implying that how I was dressed (which you made an assumption about) was what caused that issue. Like I also said before, if someone is violating the gym's dress code then the staff should say something. It's not you as an individual who has power, but a lot of people who think like you do as a whole have power. If anything I've been the one rationally explaining my views to you and the issues that I have with what you've said. Was I annoyed with you and therefore a bit strong in my responses? Yes. But annoyance and irrationality are two very different things. I'm saying people should be able to dress how they want as long as they are covered where it counts. You're saying women shouldn't show skin at the gym, where most people are lightly dressed to begin with. And I'm the irrational and unbalanced one? It's clear to me that you just don't understand what I'm trying to say to you, so I give up. Hopefully someday you'll learn to function around women without having a crisis and demanding they bend to your will. But until then, good luck with your issue.

To the OP and everyone else, sorry for this derailing of the thread. I tried to get it back on track with some humor, but that clearly failed. For what it's worth, I also cover the numbers on the treadmill. I watch them way too much if I can see them and it's just stressful. Unfortunately I've gained a sense of how far I've gone so it's starting to not work anymore lol.

all very amusing ... nothing like trying to reason with a women on a mission and i just won a fiver in betting you d have the last word before you drew a line !!!!
  • storm15918
    storm15918 Posts: 88 Member

all very amusing ... nothing like trying to reason with a women on a mission and i just won a fiver in betting you d have the last word before you drew a line !!!!

I'm done with you. Enjoy being immature and unable to have any sort of a real discussion with people. I feel sorry for you. Bye.
  • superjean1
    superjean1 Posts: 78 Member
    I always pick the machine next to the other person, so they don't feel lonely.
    if I see a lone jogger during my night time runs, I'll run up behind her too.

too funny!
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    The girl next to me today kept putting her towel over the numbers on her treadmill and I felt like it was to hide them from me, which I thought was weird. Since you know, she's the one who moved next to me.

I put my towel over the numbers to keep from seeing how much time I have left. Makes the time go by faster for me.

Exactly. This is quite a me me me! world we live in.
  • rabies
    rabies Posts: 62
    Not good ladies..
    more and more are entering the free weight area in tight clothes/shorts and crop tops jiggling around with their but crack /chest crack on display and i tend to put my back to the weights or machine to phsyc myself up for a heavy set and am invariably put off or scared of being accused of looking while i m staring into space or seeing something i shouldnt see !!!

I only go to the gym to train, dont talk and dont want to be made to feel uncomfortable and you wouldnt answer your door dressed like that so why should i have to put up with it !

I'm sorry women prefer to work out and not die of heat stroke? What do you expect them to wear, parkas or long dresses? I see men at the gym walking around in tight shorts and tank tops, so why can't we? There's certainly a line that should be respected, as in have things covered, but tight clothes are perfect for exercise so you shouldn't expect people not to wear them. Did you ever stop to think that maybe women wear tight shorts because they don't chafe like loose ones do? Or maybe they wear 'crop tops' because having a neckline at their neck when working out is bothersome? Most women also go to the gym to train and don't want to be made uncomfortable by YOU staring at them and judging them for what they decided to wear. The only people who should be judging clothing choices at a gym are the staff, and if they think what the women are wearing is appropriate, then maybe it's you with the problem, not them.

Also, how do you know what they would or wouldn't answer the door in? If a woman is lounging around the house in shorts and a tank top and someone comes to the door do you expect them to go change before answering? That's just ridiculous. Perhaps you should realize that most women dress the way they do to be comfortable, not to make you uncomfortable.

Edited to add: I also hate when people run next to me on the treadmills when tons are open. I usually just ignore them though and it stops bothering me after a while. Except one time when this guy was running way too fast for himself and was clearly trying to show off. He even kept looking at my distance and speed and smirking because he was going faster. I've seen him do it to other people too. Those types are the worst, but luckily they're rare.

I just want to get in train hard and get out in 45 minutes... granted there s a time and a place for butt crack and chest crack if a woman is so inclined - but i dont want it stuffed in my face at the gym thankyou !!!!! AS for creepy men using the machine at the side of you when others are free, well its not my fault you attract people like that for some reason now is it .

Well it's a problem if they're up in your face and making it a point to show off. My point was just that you shouldn't judge women for going to the gym and doing the same thing you're trying to do. Is there no way you can face to not see other people? The lifters at my gym usually face the wall so they can focus on themselves, and also because they can watch their form in the mirrors.

I don't know what you're trying to imply with your last statement there, but it's not appreciated. Just so you know, that day I was wearing a t-shirt and decently long shorts. I wasn't showing "butt crack and chest crack". Your implication that I do anything to attract weird guys is insulting and just feeds into society's belief that women shouldn't dress a certain way if they don't want to be bothered. That guy only did that to me once, and I saw him to it to GUY on the ellipticals a few weeks later. It's the guy needing to show off, not me dressing in any particular way. It's people like you that make it impossible for women to just be who they are and not have to fear for their safety all the time. Grow up and stop blaming women.

Dude, you're an idiot. Stop it, you're not even funny.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    You know what bugs me?!? I go to the gym when it's not that busy so that when I'm on a treadmill or and arc trainer I don't have to worry about someone being on either side of me and I can just go about my business of working out. Well today out of no here a guy come and gets on the machine RIGHT next to me. There were at least 7 other machines of the same type next to me. And to make things worse he started going really fast and really hard making it noticeable that he was showing off. Ahhh that bugged me so bad. Ok I'm done venting now. :)

i can relate however when i used to go to the gym there was one specific treadmill i used all the time because i just felt more comfortable on it. didn't matter if there was someone right next to me and all the other machines were empty i used "my machine". so glad my office has a gym now so i don't have to deal with this stuff. we have one treadmill and it's mine. i work out with all guys and they never use it so it's mine that and the tv. LOL
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    To the original poster...I get it. I don't like it when people use the machine right next to me even though there are many other free machines of the same type available. I guess I have a large sense of personal space. I think as others have said some people just like the location of particular machines and they get attached to them in a way. It's familiar so they use those machines even if others are available.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    I was just venting for a second. I was just bugged a little.

Yep.. I understand and sympathize. You shouldn't have to explain yourself to those who always have to be the naysayers in a thread. That's what the lovely Ignore button is for. :laugh: