chicken wings

2»

Replies

• ArubaJane
    ArubaJane Posts: 62 Member
    Yep just asked and have alloted enough calories for these suckers and a couple of wines. Just hope the treadmill was right in the calories, mind u i normally knock off 100 what it says! And i will limit it to 1 pound which is 8
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEE chicken wings - I could eat dozens at a time - with Teryiaki (sp?) Sauce.

When I want a special treat I go to the Chinese restaurant and get Egg Drop Soup and small order of Chicken Wings.

Takes care of two cravings at once!! And it's portion controlled. :bigsmile:

Think I'll get me some next week!
  • Alton Brown's recipe on Food network removes most of the fat from the wings......Place a 6-quart saucepan with a steamer basket and 1-inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.

Remove the tips of the wings and discard or save for making stock. Using kitchen shears, or a knife, separate the wings at the joint. Place the wings into the steamer basket, cover, reduce the heat to medium and steam for 10 minutes. Remove the wings from the basket and carefully pat dry. Lay the wings out on a cooling rack set in a half sheet pan lined with paper towels and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Replace the paper towels with parchment paper. Roast on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Turn the wings over and cook another 20 minutes or until meat is cooked through and the skin is golden brown.

I use Ken's Steak House Marinade brand Buffalo Wing Sauce which only has 15 calories per tablespoon with 1.5g fat O carb & 370 mg sodium. I usually use about 4 tablespoons on 24 wings.

I've been craving wings like crazy lately. Our weekly trivia switched to a different bar and their wings aren't as good. I think I'm going to try this!