It works! Body wraps

Options

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Not this again, geez.

And to the 28-year-old fitness trainer/sales girl of these ridiculous wraps that bumped this old thread...really?!? :noway:

Also, in because I am on the elliptical and needed a laugh.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    They probably work similar to corset training to be honest ...they just don't last as long because you don't have it on your body as long..and the junk *toxins* coming off your body is all the soap and lotion, dead skin cells previously there just saying...maybe to me this seems the only common sense answer..anyway I would buy a corset if I was just seeking inches lost for a party/event....at least its mine and I can use it over and over again

Toxins are not what is in your skin. They are found within your body, specifically stored within the fat cells of your body. Its those toxins that delay and prevent the fat cells to metabolize as fuel and thus become your "stubborn fatty areas." Once those are removed, you are able to shrink the cells more efficiently with diet and exercise. The science goes deeper than the dermis!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Yep. Body wraps worked for me. I literally sit around on the couch all day eating chocolate covered potato chips and drinking beer, I never work out, and all I do is use 2 body wraps a week.

Look at me! They even took all the hair off my back, I no longer have to wear contacts, my jock itch is cured, and my kidneys have never felt better. :tongue:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    IN to find out what SPECIFIC toxins are removed.

Please be specific.

I really would like to know.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Yep. Body wraps worked for me. I literally sit around on the couch all day eating chocolate covered potato chips and drinking beer, I never work out, and all I do is use 2 body wraps a week.

Look at me! They even took all the hair off my back, I no longer have to wear contacts, my jock itch is cured, and my kidneys have never felt better. :tongue:

And your back has ALL the SHINIES!!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    If a person is gullible enough to fall for this pseudoscience with ZERO legitimate evidence to back it up...then that person deserves to waste all the requisite money and time, in my opinion.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    This nonsense reminds me of the ionic foot baths and how all the toxins supposedly released stained the water (check out youtube). It was later found that the rusty color in the water came from metal parts inside the machine (I wish I remembered specifically how it worked). Anyway, this thread should just go away!
  • carolineire
    carolineire Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    ah, this thread has been pure entertainment :)
  • hulahoopmama
    hulahoopmama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I went to the desert and didn't drink enough water, - guess what! ? I lost 8 pounds!

I really do think that those only help you lose water weight. Maybe if you stayed wrapped up for 3 days you'd lose a pound?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    The wraps actually DO work. As someone who has tried them (multiple times) and who has actually researched each ingredient within the wrap, I can honestly tell you the wrap has ZERO osmosis (water transfer/loss) properties in ANY of its ingredients.

The ingredients in the wrap are the key. You can even check each of the ingredients functions on http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ if you want to know more.

Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) - astringent, anti-inflammatory
    Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) - suppresses inflammation, reduces cellulite, powerful anti-oxidant properties, cell damage prevention, free radical damage protection, prevents or delays skin aging Centella Asiatica - anti-inflammatory, tightens skin, increases skin elasticity
    Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) - astringent, tightening, firming, improves elasticity
    Eucalyptus Globus - promotes regeneration of skin tissue, antibacterial, ant fungal, antiviral
    Fucus Vesiculosus (Seaweed) - speeds up elimination of toxins from cells, natural cellular renewal, nourishes and remineralizes, silicon believed to keep the skin from wrinkling and sagging, anti-inflammatory, revitalizing properties
    Hedera Helix (Ivy) - toning, tightening, skin refining, slimming and anti-cellulite, antibacterial, used in treatment of wrinkles
    Menthol - anti-inflammatory
    Methylsilanol Mannuronate - firms and strengthens the skin, anti-oxidant, prevents acceleration of premature aging, prevents the effects of coetaneous aging, destroys free radicals, moisturizes, normalizes cellular metabolism, tissue regenerator, reduction of cellulite
    Panthenol (B5) - penetrating moisturizer, promotes normal keratinization
    Paullinia Cupana (Guarana Seed) - astringent, stimulates circulation
    Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) - tissue toner and firmer, stimulates metabolic process

We have 2 types of toxins in our bodies. Hydrophilic: water soluble and Lipophilic: fat soluble. Contrary to belief our bodies are able to dispose of lipophilic toxins. Waste fat (the kind you see on an overweight person) is burned for energy, stored as essential reserves & finally used to absorb more fat! The Lipophilic toxins pollute the lipids or fats in your body and you sick. make you sick...by detoxification these lipophilic toxins enter your liver. Which then brings us to why Bile production is the key to detoxification of these toxins!

The liver's job is to dump the toxins.This is also why some people who detox feel "sick." This is very normal for a person with a "sick liver". If a person wants to ensure a healthy liver will continue to excrete these toxins they need to make sure potassium levels are stable. Potassium salts comprise the majority of bile salts which are essential to digesting dietary lipids! If our bodies are not alkaline then the lipids stay in our liver, which attracts more fat. Fat absorbs fat! When the body is alkaline, our bile salts will take lipids out! This then leads to why the wraps are a continual process. The human body is not like a car, where we can drain the dirty oil, and replace it with fresh oil. Lipophilic cleansing gradually replaces the cellular lipids by over-supplying ideal lipids. Its like adding a little fresh oil to your car every day. The oil gets cleaner, just not all at once. The liver produces bile. Bile is soap. Bile soap is made up of fats or lipids mixed with bile salts. Bile salts are heavily alkaline materials! Soap is a surfactant and it dissolves up fat!!

Basically, you are born with every fat cell you will ever have. You never get more. Your fat cells have the ability to enlarge to over 1000x their size based on the foods you eat. Toxins can act like a un-penetrable layer between the fat cells and your bloodstream inhibiting any "shrinkage" to occur. When you remove this layer through detox, you allow your fat cells to better metabolize in your body to be used as energy rather stored as fuel. That is why the water is so crucial. You want to excrete as much as possible while wrapping and up to 72 hours after in order to flush out as much of the toxins as possible. It is almost like magic, but once you remove those, your body has the capability to reduce those fat cells so much better. The wrap also reduces cellulite, "dimples" and tightens the skin in the process.

Their defining gel has almost the same ingredient list and can be used in the same fashion the wrap is, but for cheaper in my opinion.
    Should also mention that this isn't your info, but something you copied and pasted without siting the source. Known as plagiarism. At least credit the author.

http://skinnywrapgirls.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Inspiration.pdf

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • nutribalance
    Options
    Look, if you just make it part of a monthly or bi-monthly routine they definitely make a difference and I have seen hundreds of women get healthier and also make great changes to their skin!
    If you also look at certain simple exercises (that can be done at home) and foods to eat and foods to avoid, you can set up a really simple plan for yourself that will help with weigh loss, make you healthier and smooth out your skin.

David :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Look, if you just make it part of a monthly or bi-monthly routine they definitely make a difference and I have seen hundreds of women get healthier and also make great changes to their skin!
    If you also look at certain simple exercises (that can be done at home) and foods to eat and foods to avoid, you can set up a really simple plan for yourself that will help with weigh loss, make you healthier and smooth out your skin.

David :)
    I've seen hundreds of women (literally) get fitter and transform their bodies just by counting calories and adding in some exercise without wraps.
    One doesn't need to avoid foods they like. This is the problem with "quick fix" programs. Almost all of them speak of abstaining from foods that are considered evil.
    Want nice skin. Moisturize it for less money and loofa it in the shower.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Stop trolling with that thread title.
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I actually GAINED inches when i used this product. The lady says that you're suppose to drink half your weight in water before you use a wrap. Which I hadn't because i had just woken up before going to the "party" Which leads me to believe that it's just water weight that you lose lol I didn't sign up to get more wraps.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I believe that the thread title refers to the name of the product, rather than an endorsement by the OP.
  • MFPUser61236308
    Options
    What if i use wraps and i exercise to keep it up will ot work?
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Exercise and eat right. Build muscle and lose fat. That will be just about all you need.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I tried it at a party once - NOT IMPRESSED
    Everything works different on everyone though...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

The exercise will help. The wraps will not.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    How Body Wraps Actually Work

Most at home and spa wraps are comprised of two main components: The solution and the "wrap" itself. In truth, it is actually the solution that determines the effectiveness of a wrap because it contains the ingredients that do all the work. Specifically, legitimate body wraps are made from powerful all-natural ingredients that first absorb into your skin.

Once absorbed, the ingredients begin to attack the chemical bonds that are effectively keeping stored fat deposits and stored toxins attached to one another. Cheap and ineffective wraps, on the other hand, may actually make things worse and force your body to store more toxins rather than flushing them (more on this later).

So what do toxins attached to your fat deposits have to do with whether or not a body wrap actually works as advertised? Well once the bond between toxins and fat deposits is broken, your body can finally flush the toxins from your system. But if the body cannot flush those toxins, then it can't burn the fat deposits for energy and the wrap is essentially worthless.

The body "wrap" itself is designed to help you absorb more of the ingredients. For spa wraps and most at home wraps, people typically use terry cloth strips as the "wrap". First, the terry cloth strips are soaked in the solution for about 15 minutes.

Then and typically with the help of a spa tech or a very close friend, the strips are then applied over your bare skin where they must be left in place for about an hour to 90 minutes. Once the terry cloth strips are removed, the ingredients will continue to purge toxins and help your body eliminate fat deposits for up to 48 hours-depending on the quality of the wrap.

How to Identify and Buy Body Wraps That Work

Believe it or not, the biggest problem with bogus wraps isn't that they don't work (and they don't!), but that they actually make the problem worse. In order to save money, most scam or cheap wraps are made from synthetic ingredients. While these cheap body wrap ingredients are great for a company's bottom line, the problem is that your body doesn't "recognize" synthetic ingredients as easily as all-natural ingredients. And if your body can't recognize the body wrap ingredients, it will consider them to be "toxins".

Now when we are younger, the body can flush toxins quickly-as fast as you ingest them in most cases. But as we age, the body's ability to purge incoming toxins slows down and some of them end up getting stored in your skin cells-right next to fat deposits. In fact, these stored toxins are actually "bound" to the fat deposits.

So unless you first purge the toxins with an effective high quality wrap, then your body can NEVER burn those fat deposits for energy. But in the case of scam wraps made from synthetic ingredients, not only will they NEVER purge those stored toxins-they are actually adding new toxins to your problem!

So to avoid the ineffective wraps that can make problems even worse, here are two simple tips:

Buying Tip #1: Avoid Wraps Made from Synthetic Ingredients

While home wraps made from 100% all-natural ingredients might still not work as well as a spa body wrap if they aren't the right all-natural ingredients, the one certainty is that they won't make the problem worse like wraps made from synthetic ingredients. And if you happen to find 2 products both made with all-natural ingredients but need to know which is most likely to work well and produce the results you want and deserve, then see tip #2!

Buying Tip #2: Avoid Products that Require the "Wrap"

The fact is that most spa wraps and even many at home body wraps require a wrap for one reason and one reason alone: Because the body wrap ingredients are very weak. Now make no mistake: Even these weak ingredients can and will work when properly applied with terry cloth strips or a full body wrap. But, it is a major pain to try and apply the terry cloth strips yourself and an even bigger embarrassment to have some "friend" apply them for you. So for the best results possible and faster application times, look for home body wraps made from 100% all-natural ingredients that don't require the terry cloth strips or "wrap". These higher quality body wrap solutions can typically be added to a tub filled with warm water and then all you have to do is sit back and "soak-in" the ingredients.

Unfortunately, the question of whether body wraps actually work really does depend on the type of wrap you get (home vs. spa wrap), the ingredients it is made from, and whether a wrap is required or not.

Jon Kreps is a health and wellness expert and to learn more about how do body wraps work, just visit http://www.justbodywraps.com today!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7514055
    its a bull**** pyramid scheme.