It works! Body wraps

Replies

• xplosion80
    xplosion80 Posts: 51 Member
    Soak the cotton cloth in Apple Cider Vinegar and cover your tummy for 30 mins. You will see the difference.
    Excersie cannot be avoided though.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    I don't know why everyone is being down on wraps, I love wraps. If I am approaching my calorie limit subbing in a wrap rather than a sandwich with whole bread can make the difference and honestly prefer the taste as well.

So much variety with wraps too, tons of ingredient options. I mean look at this posters suggestions for ingredients like...horse tail?....Ivy?

wait....wait....what the hell is this?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    The wraps actually DO work. As someone who has tried them (multiple times) and who has actually researched each ingredient within the wrap, I can honestly tell you the wrap has ZERO osmosis (water transfer/loss) properties in ANY of its ingredients.

The ingredients in the wrap are the key. You can even check each of the ingredients functions on http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ if you want to know more.

Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) - astringent, anti-inflammatory
    Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) - suppresses inflammation, reduces cellulite, powerful anti-oxidant properties, cell damage prevention, free radical damage protection, prevents or delays skin aging Centella Asiatica - anti-inflammatory, tightens skin, increases skin elasticity
    Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) - astringent, tightening, firming, improves elasticity
    Eucalyptus Globus - promotes regeneration of skin tissue, antibacterial, ant fungal, antiviral
    Fucus Vesiculosus (Seaweed) - speeds up elimination of toxins from cells, natural cellular renewal, nourishes and remineralizes, silicon believed to keep the skin from wrinkling and sagging, anti-inflammatory, revitalizing properties
    Hedera Helix (Ivy) - toning, tightening, skin refining, slimming and anti-cellulite, antibacterial, used in treatment of wrinkles
    Menthol - anti-inflammatory
    Methylsilanol Mannuronate - firms and strengthens the skin, anti-oxidant, prevents acceleration of premature aging, prevents the effects of coetaneous aging, destroys free radicals, moisturizes, normalizes cellular metabolism, tissue regenerator, reduction of cellulite
    Panthenol (B5) - penetrating moisturizer, promotes normal keratinization
    Paullinia Cupana (Guarana Seed) - astringent, stimulates circulation
    Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) - tissue toner and firmer, stimulates metabolic process

We have 2 types of toxins in our bodies. Hydrophilic: water soluble and Lipophilic: fat soluble. Contrary to belief our bodies are able to dispose of lipophilic toxins. Waste fat (the kind you see on an overweight person) is burned for energy, stored as essential reserves & finally used to absorb more fat! The Lipophilic toxins pollute the lipids or fats in your body and you sick. make you sick...by detoxification these lipophilic toxins enter your liver. Which then brings us to why Bile production is the key to detoxification of these toxins!

The liver's job is to dump the toxins.This is also why some people who detox feel "sick." This is very normal for a person with a "sick liver". If a person wants to ensure a healthy liver will continue to excrete these toxins they need to make sure potassium levels are stable. Potassium salts comprise the majority of bile salts which are essential to digesting dietary lipids! If our bodies are not alkaline then the lipids stay in our liver, which attracts more fat. Fat absorbs fat! When the body is alkaline, our bile salts will take lipids out! This then leads to why the wraps are a continual process. The human body is not like a car, where we can drain the dirty oil, and replace it with fresh oil. Lipophilic cleansing gradually replaces the cellular lipids by over-supplying ideal lipids. Its like adding a little fresh oil to your car every day. The oil gets cleaner, just not all at once. The liver produces bile. Bile is soap. Bile soap is made up of fats or lipids mixed with bile salts. Bile salts are heavily alkaline materials! Soap is a surfactant and it dissolves up fat!!

Basically, you are born with every fat cell you will ever have. You never get more. Your fat cells have the ability to enlarge to over 1000x their size based on the foods you eat. Toxins can act like a un-penetrable layer between the fat cells and your bloodstream inhibiting any "shrinkage" to occur. When you remove this layer through detox, you allow your fat cells to better metabolize in your body to be used as energy rather stored as fuel. That is why the water is so crucial. You want to excrete as much as possible while wrapping and up to 72 hours after in order to flush out as much of the toxins as possible. It is almost like magic, but once you remove those, your body has the capability to reduce those fat cells so much better. The wrap also reduces cellulite, "dimples" and tightens the skin in the process.

Their defining gel has almost the same ingredient list and can be used in the same fashion the wrap is, but for cheaper in my opinion.
    First 2 posts and of course she's a rep. Pseudoscience isn't science. Yes do can get more fat cells according to physiology studies especially when becoming very overweight/obese.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    I have been here since 2011 and never really knew about the forums until recently. Despite that fact, the science behind detox does not change. Every report I have ever studied (credible reports) indicate you do NOT gain additional fat cells after childhood. Please feel free to post a credible source to prove to me otherwise, as I would love to know any different.

Despite your friend not getting the results she wants with the wraps, they do work. Not everyone has the same results and not everyone knows how to use them properly....even people who sell them are sometimes misled with insufficient knowledge of the product's abilities. People who think it is a "silver bullet" of sorts with weight loss are sorely mistaken. People can go to the gym for 6 months and lose nothing too if they are not knowledgeable of what to do at the gym and how to maintain that with nutrition and diet at home. It just comes down to educating yourself.
    A normal person has between 25 and 35 billion fat cells, but this number can increase in times of excessive weight gain, to as many as 100 to 150 billion cells. The number of fat cells in the body remains constant after their formation; the cells just expand and shrink in size during weight gain and loss. This has been suggested as one reason weight loss is so hard to maintain for many people, and research is under way to determine methods or medications that will reduce the actual number of cells. Four critical periods have been identified during which time the number of fat cells a person has will increase: between 12 and 18 months of age; between 12 and 16 years of age, especially in females (in fact, the best single predictor of adult obesity is adolescent obesity); in adulthood when an individual gains in excess of 60% of their healthy weight, and during pregnancy (4).

http://www.wvdhhr.org/bph/oehp/obesity/section1.htm

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Please, please can someone please answer.....What TOXINS ? I really want to know the name of these toxins that can prevent a person from using their stored energy supply.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    The wraps actually DO work. As someone who has tried them (multiple times) and who has actually researched each ingredient within the wrap, I can honestly tell you the wrap has ZERO osmosis (water transfer/loss) properties in ANY of its ingredients.

The ingredients in the wrap are the key. You can even check each of the ingredients functions on http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ if you want to know more.

Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) - astringent, anti-inflammatory
    Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) - suppresses inflammation, reduces cellulite, powerful anti-oxidant properties, cell damage prevention, free radical damage protection, prevents or delays skin aging Centella Asiatica - anti-inflammatory, tightens skin, increases skin elasticity
    Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) - astringent, tightening, firming, improves elasticity
    Eucalyptus Globus - promotes regeneration of skin tissue, antibacterial, ant fungal, antiviral
    Fucus Vesiculosus (Seaweed) - speeds up elimination of toxins from cells, natural cellular renewal, nourishes and remineralizes, silicon believed to keep the skin from wrinkling and sagging, anti-inflammatory, revitalizing properties
    Hedera Helix (Ivy) - toning, tightening, skin refining, slimming and anti-cellulite, antibacterial, used in treatment of wrinkles
    Menthol - anti-inflammatory
    Methylsilanol Mannuronate - firms and strengthens the skin, anti-oxidant, prevents acceleration of premature aging, prevents the effects of coetaneous aging, destroys free radicals, moisturizes, normalizes cellular metabolism, tissue regenerator, reduction of cellulite
    Panthenol (B5) - penetrating moisturizer, promotes normal keratinization
    Paullinia Cupana (Guarana Seed) - astringent, stimulates circulation
    Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) - tissue toner and firmer, stimulates metabolic process

We have 2 types of toxins in our bodies. Hydrophilic: water soluble and Lipophilic: fat soluble. Contrary to belief our bodies are able to dispose of lipophilic toxins. Waste fat (the kind you see on an overweight person) is burned for energy, stored as essential reserves & finally used to absorb more fat! The Lipophilic toxins pollute the lipids or fats in your body and you sick. make you sick...by detoxification these lipophilic toxins enter your liver. Which then brings us to why Bile production is the key to detoxification of these toxins!

The liver's job is to dump the toxins.This is also why some people who detox feel "sick." This is very normal for a person with a "sick liver". If a person wants to ensure a healthy liver will continue to excrete these toxins they need to make sure potassium levels are stable. Potassium salts comprise the majority of bile salts which are essential to digesting dietary lipids! If our bodies are not alkaline then the lipids stay in our liver, which attracts more fat. Fat absorbs fat! When the body is alkaline, our bile salts will take lipids out! This then leads to why the wraps are a continual process. The human body is not like a car, where we can drain the dirty oil, and replace it with fresh oil. Lipophilic cleansing gradually replaces the cellular lipids by over-supplying ideal lipids. Its like adding a little fresh oil to your car every day. The oil gets cleaner, just not all at once. The liver produces bile. Bile is soap. Bile soap is made up of fats or lipids mixed with bile salts. Bile salts are heavily alkaline materials! Soap is a surfactant and it dissolves up fat!!

Basically, you are born with every fat cell you will ever have. You never get more. Your fat cells have the ability to enlarge to over 1000x their size based on the foods you eat. Toxins can act like a un-penetrable layer between the fat cells and your bloodstream inhibiting any "shrinkage" to occur. When you remove this layer through detox, you allow your fat cells to better metabolize in your body to be used as energy rather stored as fuel. That is why the water is so crucial. You want to excrete as much as possible while wrapping and up to 72 hours after in order to flush out as much of the toxins as possible. It is almost like magic, but once you remove those, your body has the capability to reduce those fat cells so much better. The wrap also reduces cellulite, "dimples" and tightens the skin in the process.

Their defining gel has almost the same ingredient list and can be used in the same fashion the wrap is, but for cheaper in my opinion.
    Should also mention that this isn't your info, but something you copied and pasted without siting the source. Known as plagiarism. At least credit the author.

http://skinnywrapgirls.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Inspiration.pdf

IDEA Fitness member

anti-inflammatories? eucalyptus? menthol?

I think i'll just spread some vicks on some saran wrap and pepper it with ibuprofens and roll myself up in that. should wake up SKINNY!

58393833_76f6944a3d.jpg
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Ugh why did this stupid thread get resurrected.
    I love that some of the pro-wrap supporters on this thread never posted again.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Look, if you just make it part of a monthly or bi-monthly routine they definitely make a difference and I have seen hundreds of women get healthier and also make great changes to their skin!
    If you also look at certain simple exercises (that can be done at home) and foods to eat and foods to avoid, you can set up a really simple plan for yourself that will help with weigh loss, make you healthier and smooth out your skin.

David :)

Fake.

Once you start telling ppl to exercise and avoid certain foods, it's the diet and exercise causing the changes ie. CI/CO. NOT the wraps.

On a scale from 1-10 please tell me exactly how stupid you think people on this site are?
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    The wraps do work. I have a friend that lost 30 pounds using them . . . I don't know all about that article but from first hand knowledge and eye witnessing it, I would say the article is bogus.
    lb or currency?
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Alrighty then! I hope everyone has a great, amazing, healthy, ((body wrap free)) Weekend! So sorry I wasted my time with you folks. Wrong place to be, and too much negativity!! So much for positive feedback about anything, I guess that's what these blogs are for..bashing bashing bashing, negative negative negative.

But thank you for the input!

YouMustbeNewHere_zps410ab9ce.gif
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    1_zps3d2fb640.jpg
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    I don't believe in voodoo and witchcraft..

But I do believe in forging your body with your own effort.

i believe in witchcraft but this is still just a crock of crap
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Please, please can someone please answer.....What TOXINS ? I really want to know the name of these toxins that can prevent a person from using their stored energy supply.

Also, if there are toxinzzz, would they not make your body inefficient at energy use rather than conserving it?
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    The toxins thing is killing me. (I read the first few pages of the thread and skipped to the end.) I don't buy that part. ;P
    I have a few friends that have tried it and it worked for them but it was only temporary. They lost btwn 1-4 inches and kept it off for about a month. IMO it is great for a quick fix (like trying to fit into that dress for a function and dont have time to lose the weight that my friends did) but it will come back.

I agree.
    I have lost a lot of weight and am skinny everywhere except my belly. I have a double whammy there: persistent belly fat thanks to PCOS plus "twin skin" after carrying twins to full term. To me the wraps might be worth trying if I want to my midsection to look slimmer for a beach vacation, an event, etc., but not for long-term results. Kind of like wearing Spanx, but more comfortable and can work with a bathing suit. ;)
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Soak the cotton cloth in Apple Cider Vinegar and cover your tummy for 30 mins. You will see the difference.
    Excersie cannot be avoided though.

Sounds delicious hehe
  • I see a lot of people being very negative about this product. As a former General Manager and Personal Trainer at a gym, I think we are all missing something very important about these types of products. The truth behind most overweight people and the ability to go and workout is there is a lack of self esteem and self confidence to get started. Before I entered the fitness industry I was 325 pounds. I was extremely intimidated about going to a gym and being that "FAT" guy. I was afraid people would be wondering "when is the fat guy going to give up" or "wonder if the fat guy is going to McDonalds on the way home". The hardest part of every workout is showing up.
    I agree that these products do not work for the actual weight loss and lifestyle changes that are needed. I do believe there is a place in the market for these products. If this is what it takes for someone to develop the drive or courage to start exercising and eating better then the product does work.
    $90.00 is a very cheap price to pay for confidence or motivation. You can say what you will, but there is no other "cure" for a lack of self esteem, self image or self confidence then believing that something can help you get started.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    I just don't get wearing something that holds you in during workouts, and don't get me wrong, I love a good corset, so I'm not against that sort of thing in general. But not when I'm exercising. I need to be able to breathe deep when I work out.
  • The wraps from ItWorks! Really do work! I'm not here to try and sell you anything granted I know many people that work with this company and are successful. You can "bash" me all you want, I've seen first hand multiple times these wraps do work. And when you become a Loyal Customer you don't only have to get wraps! ItWorks! Has TONS of other products to help you get healthy. It's not just one "magic" wrap. And it's not magic and it's not just getting rid of water weight. What the wrap is, is a detox. It shrinks fat cells. There is no magic and to get it to work you have to drink water so I don't see how you're dehydrating yourself? But obviously you're uneducated so I will forgive you. Other products ItWorks! Offers is greens, which is 8+ servings of fruits and vegetables and 38+ super foods in one drink. It's basically like a koolaid packet that you put in water and helps you get healthy! These wraps are here to help people see it's possible to look great and feel great and all you have to do is eat right and exercise. Obviously the wrap isn't making anyone healthy alone but it does help! I'm currently still using the wraps. I didn't see results with my first wrap but then I started drinking a little bit more water (if you're driving your minimum of 8 8 ounces glasses of water a day you won't have an issue! But I wasn't. I'm not big on water so I had to drink more) and I started to see a huge difference! And just seeing a couple inches practically fall off my body made me think "hey! I can do this! I want to look even better and get healthy!" So I really cracked down on eating right and exercising more and I'm now down to 150 from 165 (have only been doing this for less than a month!) and I'm still not at my goal weight but I am still using ItWorks! Products because they really do work! Just go on a distributors website and you can see all the different products offered and if you're a loyal customer you actually get free shipping and you don't have to get the same product every month. If one month you want wraps and the next you want greens or facials or fat fighter or hair skin and nails, get anything! It doesn't have to be the same every month. People in my area sell things online all the time. It's against their policy because they don't want to get cheated money obviously. If you're a LC and get a box of 4 wraps for $59 and sell each wrap for $25 you're making $41 just keep repeating the process and you're practically stealing money because you're not a distributor. Become a distributor and get the same perks but make money doing it if that's what you want to do is sell products and make money because these products do work and they aren't as expensive as you guys may think. If some of you are skeptical, have a party! Some distributors will even make a deal where you bring 5 or more people to the party and the host (you!) get wrapped free! What do you have to lose? At most, $25 and 45 minutes of your time if they don't work for you.
  • I just don't get wearing something that holds you in during workouts, and don't get me wrong, I love a good corset, so I'm not against that sort of thing in general. But not when I'm exercising. I need to be able to breathe deep when I work out.

You're not supposed to wear them while you work out. You will just be sweating off the lotion that goes in your skin to shrink fat cells. Work out after the wrap!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Waste of money.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    I just don't get wearing something that holds you in during workouts, and don't get me wrong, I love a good corset, so I'm not against that sort of thing in general. But not when I'm exercising. I need to be able to breathe deep when I work out.

You're not supposed to wear them while you work out. You will just be sweating off the lotion that goes in your skin to shrink fat cells. Work out after the wrap!

No lotion "shrinks fat cells". That is impossible. Please make sure you are properly educated on the properties of fat cells, and what does and does not make them shrink. (Pro-tip: an external cream is not it.) The notion that anything other than a calorie deficit will actually reduce fat is foolish and erroneous. Please stop spreading misinformation.