Daily Check In Thread

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Week 3 is done! :) Great weather and excellent 4 mile run! :)
    oe00e893dmag.jpg
    run.jpg 233.7K
  • Aine8046
    edited April 2016
    sueann10 wrote: »
    Hey All
    Thought I'd check in as I only recently found this group. So much helpful info.
    This morning I completed W5 D1 and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to D3 as I really want to see if I can jog for 20mins after only 5 weeks :smiley:

Also signed up for my first 5K in early June so still some time to get used to running.

Keep up the great work

Great and welcome to the board! I also have a race scheduled in early June (June 4th I think)! :)
    Keep it up! :)
  • Aine8046
    edited April 2016
    sbl1881 wrote: »
    W5 D1 is done!! I slowed down a little bit (9:15, 9:25 and 9:35 splits) and felt great. Thanks all for the encouragement!

Nice! You are amazingly fast! :)
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Did w3 d2 today. New running shoes decided to give me blisters, but I blame my crappy socks. Gonna get some decent ones and try again. If that doesn't work, guess the shoes are going back.

I'm at the point where I can comfortably run a 1/2 mile without stopping. I've been tacking on a few extra intervals to the training (28-30 minutes is not a good enough workout, IMO). Also been experimenting with incline on the treadmill so as to better translate to the outdoors.
  • cwolfgram
    cwolfgram Posts: 105 Member
    Completed W6D2 today at my turtle pace. No more intervals until B210K.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    W6D2 done. I haven't been able to run outside since last Thursday, due to weather, but I did get good 5 mile walks in on Friday and Monday (before and after the worst of the weather) and ran on the treadmill Saturday and Sunday. It was cold and windy when I set off today, but I just kept going and overall it wasn't too bad.
  • Aine8046
    Week 4 Day 1 done. Was not a very good run - took an unfamiliar route which happened to be pretty hilly, so I went pretty slow. Well, I had a whole great week last week! :)
  • Aine8046
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    W6D2 done. I haven't been able to run outside since last Thursday, due to weather, but I did get good 5 mile walks in on Friday and Monday (before and after the worst of the weather) and ran on the treadmill Saturday and Sunday. It was cold and windy when I set off today, but I just kept going and overall it wasn't too bad.

Nice! Keep pushing - you have just a little bit left!
  • Aine8046
    Did w3 d2 today. New running shoes decided to give me blisters, but I blame my crappy socks. Gonna get some decent ones and try again. If that doesn't work, guess the shoes are going back.

I'm at the point where I can comfortably run a 1/2 mile without stopping. I've been tacking on a few extra intervals to the training (28-30 minutes is not a good enough workout, IMO). Also been experimenting with incline on the treadmill so as to better translate to the outdoors.

Way to go - half a mile is a great achievement!
  • Aine8046
    cwolfgram wrote: »
    Completed W6D2 today at my turtle pace. No more intervals until B210K.

I like your attitude - already looking at b210k! :)
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Finished wk3d1 today and didn't even realize I was on a new week till the first 3 min jog and felt like it was extra long since up until now it's only been 90 sec. I actually felt it was easier than wk 2 and lost some distance over last week (from 2.52 mi wk2d3 to 2.27 mi today) is that common since it's a longer jogging intervals, but less overall jogging time?
  • sueann10
    sueann10 Posts: 74 Member
    edited April 2016
    Happy Hump Day everyone! We are all doing so well! Let's keep going. :)

Today I completed W5D3 and I am pleased to say I could have gone some more. I tried focusing on my body's movements and my music. The 20mins went by in no time. Who would have thought in 5 weeks I would become a runner without stopping?!? Bring on Week 6 :)
  • cwolfgram
    cwolfgram Posts: 105 Member
    Finished wk3d1 today and didn't even realize I was on a new week till the first 3 min jog and felt like it was extra long since up until now it's only been 90 sec. I actually felt it was easier than wk 2 and lost some distance over last week (from 2.52 mi wk2d3 to 2.27 mi today) is that common since it's a longer jogging intervals, but less overall jogging time?

I dropped distance when I ran longer. I run slower with the longer jogs. I figure my speed eventually will catch up.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Checking in to say that I'm not going to do my scheduled run today and maybe not tomorrow. My right knee started bothering me Tuesday afternoon (it was fine during my run that morning). It's better, but not entirely back to normal, so I may skip running tomorrow, too. So, W6D2 is going to have to wait. It's too bad, too. The weather is perfect.
  • Aine8046
    W4D2 is done! 3.5 miles nice and easy!
    ogdp21caupqz.jpg
  • RespectTheKitty
    Today I start week 4. It looks a little daunting, since it's the first week that has more running than walking. But I'm game. :smile:
  • RespectTheKitty
    Today I start week 4. It looks a little daunting, since it's the first week that has more running than walking. But I'm game. :smile:

I did it!!!
  • versusveritas
    versusveritas Posts: 20 Member
    Week 7 Day 1 - I had to walk for two minutes after the 17 minute mark and ran the last 8. I couldn't get in the groove and get my breath under control. I think I was dehydrated and will try week 7 day 2 in a few days and see how it goes. It was so strange because week 6 day 3 was easy! Ugh, I guess it was just a bad run.
  • Aine8046

I did it!!!

Congrats! I will be finishing up week 4 tomorrow! :)
  • Aine8046
    Week 7 Day 1 - I had to walk for two minutes after the 17 minute mark and ran the last 8. I couldn't get in the groove and get my breath under control. I think I was dehydrated and will try week 7 day 2 in a few days and see how it goes. It was so strange because week 6 day 3 was easy! Ugh, I guess it was just a bad run.
    Everyone had bad runs. You know what they say: "Bad runs make good runners". Hopefully the next one will be better! :)