EVIl DIRTY FOOD

14567810»

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Some posters are quite desperate to hold on to their beliefs, all evidence to the contrary. I am 40, I'd say in pretty decent shape, and eat what I want in moderation. Some people truly want to believe that there are evil foods. Let them. It's their bodies, their struggle and, ultimately, their frustration.

Agreed! There's a touch of the born-agains about it. People who've adopted a new lifestyle eating-wise, noticed the positive results (due to increased activity and calorie restriction, no doubt) and now want to 'convert' the rest of us!

But they've drawn all the wrong conclusions as far as I can see.....

Any moment now Reddy will turn up and then this thread will be complete!

I liken them to the ex-smoker, who then goes on and on about the evils of smoking now that they have seen the light. :laugh:

And you are suggesting that smoking cigarettes is a good thing for health??

headdesk.jpg
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Some posters are quite desperate to hold on to their beliefs, all evidence to the contrary. I am 40, I'd say in pretty decent shape, and eat what I want in moderation. Some people truly want to believe that there are evil foods. Let them. It's their bodies, their struggle and, ultimately, their frustration.

Agreed! There's a touch of the born-agains about it. People who've adopted a new lifestyle eating-wise, noticed the positive results (due to increased activity and calorie restriction, no doubt) and now want to 'convert' the rest of us!

Mmmm. No. I tried calorie restriction and increased activity before. All it got for me was exhaustion and being hungry all the time until I gave up because it just wasn't worth feeling so crummy to lose a few pounds (if that much). Now THAT, was frustrating. Every single person's journey is influenced by their genetic inheritance, their gender, age AND food choices.
  • SanteMulberry
    I'm just going to summarise this thread for everyone:

OP ate some pizza with ****ing corn on it and had the ****s all night.

Some people think eating pizza is okay. Other people think it is not okay.

You are welcome. :flowerforyou:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    I find this thread repulsive and disgusting, like Polish vodka

But at least this thread won't make you go blind!
  • SanteMulberry

I liken them to the ex-smoker, who then goes on and on about the evils of smoking now that they have seen the light. :laugh:

And you are suggesting that smoking cigarettes is a good thing for health??

headdesk.jpg

:laugh:
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Agreed. I honestly think the brilliance of MFP is that I don't deny myself anything. That is, if I'm craving ice cream, I have some. But I read the label, I have ONE serving, and I work it into my calories for the day. I don't give up dairy or fat or carbs or meat. Or chocolate or coffee or soda. Instead, I watch my portion size and make informed decisions.

If I had to give up all the amazing food that could be "evil dirty" . . . well, I would have made it about 4 days and gone back to my old way of living and eating. You have to have joy in life and in food. An old teacher of mine said, "If it's not fantastic, it's not going in my mouth, because I don't eat many calories and the ones I do eat had better be worth it."
  • SanteMulberry

They draw the wrong conclusions because they rely on the internet for their studies. It's easier for them to read what Dr. Oz or Mercola have to say than it is to wade through real studies on pubmed. It's either a lack of education or a mental illness but there is no reason to debate with people such as this.

I regularly read PubMed articles. But I wouldn't be so confident that you get unbiased opinions from mainstream medical science either. Dr. Oz is often a joke and I always wonder how much he is getting paid to hawk the wares that he does. Mercola I find to be a bit of an alarmist at times--maybe that's why he looks so scared all the time? :laugh:
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include these items:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.