Dealing with anger?

2»

Replies

• debralekicsummers
    debralekicsummers Posts: 56 Member
    music does the trick for me. I would say kick boxing or any form of exercise where you can push yourself hard. And of course if all else fails, go somewhere where you won't be disturbed and just scream at the top of your lungs or even into your pillow, not forgetting to yell out all the names of the people who made you angry , then a couple of deep breathes and you good to go! :smile:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    I was like this! I had to separate my emotions from my work if that makes any sense. I made myself remember that in the big scheme of things these things don't really matter.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    I run.

This helps significantly increase my tolerance level for bullsh!t and stupidity. Bonus is I lose weight too!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    You can actually use anger to your benefit. It's an active emotion, which is a good thing because it's full of energy you can rechannel. Depression is a passive emotion, and it's often the result of anger turned inward. Ask yourself where it would be more efficient to rechannel the energy of your anger. A workout? A good journaling session? Some energetic housecleaning? The choice on how to use it in a positive way is yours.

Also, you don't have to give so much power over you to others. No one can make you angry. It's a choice...often an automatic one, but whe you keep that in mind, you can change your reaction. You can change the people at work, and you probably need the job, so consciously choose not to let the affect you emotionally. It's bad enough you have to deal with their antics. They don't need the power to bring you down in other areas of life.
  • Thank you for all the responses, I got a lot of good ideas and just talking about it made me feel better! You mfp people rock!