Cottage Cheese

Replies

• thomas127
    thomas127 Posts: 32
    Only way I can eat it that tastes amazing is mixed in with scrambled eggs.
  • Mazzyx
    Mazzyx Posts: 131
    I have the pineapple cottage cheese...thats the only one I really like. And I pop it on a Jacket Potato or with a salad. And sometimes I do eat it right out the pot haha! :laugh:
  • Apicius
    Apicius Posts: 61 Member
    I like it on toast - fruit toast, cottage cheese and cinnamon with a scrape of date spread, or plain toast with mixed herbs on top. Fresh thyme is good, but even dried herbs work ok.

Plain with chopped dates, cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg is also tasty.
  • Lorix94
    Lorix94 Posts: 108 Member
    CINNAMON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    I mostly eat mine plain with pepper. I also buy the 2% because it tastes better. I will mix in blueberries, put it on a salad, on top of plain rice cakes or in lasagna instead of ricotta. I love cottage cheese.
  • mrsedge1
    mrsedge1 Posts: 18
    cottage cheese quiche

ingredients

peppers, diced
    onions, chopped
    courgettes, diced
    baby sweetcorn, sliced
    asparagus, sliced lengthways
    mushrooms, chopped
    tomatoes, sliced
    3 eggs
    150g fat free natural cottage cheese

method

Prepare whatever veggies take your fancy… peppers, onions, courgettes, baby sweetcorn, asparagus, mushrooms and tomatoes. You can dry-fry them until soft or leave them raw for extra crunch.
    Mix together the 3 eggs, 150g fat-free natural cottage cheese and some chopped parsley.
    Lay the chopped vegetables out in an oven-proof flan dish then pour the cottage cheese mix over.
    Pop in the oven at 190ºC/375ºF/Gas 5 for around 30 minutes, or until the quiche is set and golden brown.

Love this but haven't had it in a while. Will have to have it soon. YUMMMMM!!!
  • MarielStarr
    MarielStarr Posts: 15 Member
    Cottage cheese tastes great siply sprinkeled with Mrs. Dash! Sounds weird but it's a great snack.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    a little lawry's seasoning salt and a lot of pepper! YUMMY!
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    I have been eating it with cinnamon after I work out. It is good added to pasta sauce with parm (On top of spaghetti) I have added it to salads too..

oh with grapes walnuts and lightly sweetened.
  • Mix it with smashed avocado and some pico de gallo and you have a delicious dip!;)
  • ruthijo
    ruthijo Posts: 2
    Cottage Cheese is one of my favorite snacks. I mainly just add pepper to it, but on occasion I will add some sunflower seeds. Make sure the seeds are not old, they really mess with the flavor of the cottage cheese when they have the old taste to them.
  • Soulshaa
    Soulshaa Posts: 19 Member
    I eat it with seasoning salt
  • tcpwade
    tcpwade Posts: 7 Member
    I've always eaten it with pineapple or peaches mixed into it. Lately- I've taken to eating it with scrambled eggs for breakfast. I saw it on pinterest and even my "hates cottage cheese" hubby will eat it that way. It's a great recipe for someone who has issues with the texture of cottage cheese. I just wizz 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, and 2 tbsp of 2% small curd cottage cheese in the blender. Seasoned with a dash of tobasco. Then just make as you would normal scrambled eggs in a non stick pan. Some mornings I'll add diced onion and bellpepper and spinach too. It's delicious. You can't tell the cottage cheese is in there because it blends in with the texture of the scrambled eggs- BUT your eggs taste cheesy like an omelet.
  • superherotony
    superherotony Posts: 3 Member
    Its kinda gross to eat to begin with IMO. First few tries I had it I thought it was pretty foul. But after having it for a few days, it has grown on me, and I actually enjoy the taste. There are great benefits from it as it is a good source of slow digesting casein protein. I have a cup of nonfat cottage cheese every night before bed now as a late night snack. Does a pretty good job of satiating my hunger
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    egg beaters, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, sliced mushrooms and diced giardiniera relish and red pepper flakes scrambled. YUM
  • tcpwade
    tcpwade Posts: 7 Member
    I also have a pancake recipe that uses it.
    6 egg whites
    1 cup cottage cheese (I use 2%)
    1 cup old fashioned oats
    2 tsp sugar
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp vanilla

You blend it in the blender and then use just like pancake batter. Makes about 3 servings or about 8-10 pancakes. i serve them with an all fruit, no HFCS jam that I melt in the microwave to sub for syrup. My kids will eat these and it's another great recipe for those who don't like the texture of cottage cheese on its own
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    I mix in some applesauce, cinnamon and splenda. Yum!
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    I have low fat cottage cheese almost everyday ... it goes on my turkey sandwich (as a low fat creamy spread) or as dip mixed with pepper and chilli flakes that I eat with celery sticks. I have grown to love it! :smile:
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Peaches!!!!
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    1 - 16 oz container with a couple of chopped green onions. It tastes even better the next day.