Cottage Cheese

123457»

Replies

• cmcis
    cmcis Posts: 300 Member
    Mix in banana and a little honey. I saw the recipe online and thought it sounded gross but decided to try it and now it's a regular thing for me.

Sounds good! I'll have to try it.
  • heatherfrew
    heatherfrew Posts: 9 Member
    Cottage cheese kinda ice cream/frozen yoghurt -

Blend up
    50g cottage cheese
    50g fat free natural yoghurt
    1tsp unsweetened cocoa
    1 tsp honey

stir in a few blueberries and put in freezer for 30-60 min, check it half way and give it a stir to stop it going icey.

Sooooo delicious.
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    I LOVE cottage cheese! I buy the 1% kind and i'll add things to it such as: fiber cereal, flax cereal, granola, fruit
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    I was only thinking today how great low fat cottage cheese is. I never really ate it until I began counting my calories and now I try to have some every so often.

So far I have only really been putting it on my sandwiches although I also mix it with some yoghurt and use it as a side for some chilli or with tacos or something as a sour cream alternative.

I am going to have to have a closer look through this thread to find more uses for this wonderful food!
  • JustCallMeTori
    JustCallMeTori Posts: 25 Member
    Big fan of just a little salt and pepper with tomatoes and sometimes cucumbers. However, I did see a post on another site (maybe Pinterest?) where a girl blends it up with eggs to make scrambled eggs. I am going to hit the store this week for some cottage cheese to try this, maybe with some spinach.

Never been a fan of the cottage cheese and fruit approach, but my bestie is a huge fan of it with pineapple or peaches.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    I eat it plain. Apparently that makes me really gross. Haha. But I love it. :blushing:

It depends on the brand though! I had some organic brand plain and it was impossible to get through. Tasted like sour cream with the consistency of chunky milk. [cries] I really love Knudsen's 2% though... yum! Sometimes I put it on bagels or toast.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    when I was a little girl, my grandma made my grandpa a a very simple dinner (regularly). It consisted of a small helping of cottage cheese with fresh from her garden tomato slices and cucumber; and a small ground beef patty. Not it wasn't much but i have fond memories of it, especially now that he has passed away. I didn't eat it because i thought cottage cheese and veggies were gross, but now I eat it and love it =)
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Awesome with applesauce.

That sounds weird, but if I ever have those 2 ingredients in my house at the same time, I'll try it. (there should be some applesauce left after making applesauce muffins >.>)
  • cmcis
    cmcis Posts: 300 Member
    i love cottage cheese on rice cakes or jacket potato or with a salad. never new there was so much you could do with it, and on oatcakes yummy

I tried this today. I had a caramel rice cake, spread some cottage cheese on and then put half a sliced banana on top. It was heavenly!:happy: