HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Replies

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Bump
  • Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    I’m finding anytime I attempt to do weights my wrists hurt. I always make sure that I have proper posture and I pay attention to my technique and correct it.
    I don’t use anything on my hands or wrists. Is here anything you can use to help with this?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I’m finding anytime I attempt to do weights my wrists hurt. I always make sure that I have proper posture and I pay attention to my technique and correct it.
    I don’t use anything on my hands or wrists. Is here anything you can use to help with this?

I don’t know the answer, but you’re probably get more responses if you start your own thread.
  • o760
    o760 Posts: 3 Member
  • o760
    o760 Posts: 3 Member
    I can’t believe it
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I love that this thread is still going!
  • Chele_Belle_
    Chele_Belle_ Posts: 65 Member
    Bump!

All you women are amazing and inspire me to keep lifting heavy!
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    If you are dead lifting, use wrist straps (the ones that loop round your wrists and then wrap round the bar - I have to use those or my forearms/wrists/hands just give out.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    If you are dead lifting, use wrist straps (the ones that loop round your wrists and then wrap round the bar - I have to use those or my forearms/wrists/hands just give out.

I use those, but I wrap the straps around my wrists for extra support
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

:huh:

Was this answering someone's specific question? Because I never wear wrist wraps and I can pull 375 pounds.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited June 2018
    Speaking of veins, I caught my first one on camera this week! Left biceps.

This is all kinds of whoa! Awesome...yes, the veins are part of it, but I love it. Not lean enough yet to have many poking out, but the new ones that you can see below the surface, cos more oxygen, ha!

I am the same weight as the OP was in her before piccie and a size smaller (UK14, US10) than her, just as a comparison, I don't know how tall she was. I am 5 foot 5. I have been lifting heavy again for a year now. Nearly all of my prs have been exceeded. Just working to bump up the squat at the mo...sorry no pics, camera shy. I am in the same size clothes as women my height, that are 10 - 14lbs lighter than me. That'll be the "bulk" of lean mass/muscle : )
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!