Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Replies

• MoHousdonMoHousdon Posts: 8,715Member Member Posts: 8,715Member Member
    Still here. Still bulky. No new pictures though because I have decided to start my lifting program over again to perfect my form.
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 24,199Member Member Posts: 24,199Member Member
  • ITfitchickITfitchick Posts: 10Member Member Posts: 10Member Member
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 24,199Member Member Posts: 24,199Member Member
    Wowwee, @DomesticKat, that is fan-freaking-tastic!!!
  • jasonpoihegatamajasonpoihegatama Posts: 499Member Member Posts: 499Member Member
    Wow yous all do well inspiring.
  • mom23mangosmom23mangos Posts: 2,637Member Member Posts: 2,637Member Member
    Wow @DomesticKat, that is amazing for one year!
  • Laviegurl25Laviegurl25 Posts: 110Member Member Posts: 110Member Member
    Ladies, how do you decide on what to do for weight lifting!? Any good sites for a program that isn’t 5x5?
  • creationscrowncreationscrown Posts: 258Member Member Posts: 258Member Member
    Looking good girlie!
    Just about one year between these two. I've been on this latest fitness and weight loss adventure for almost two years now. Lifting heavy every step of the way!

835pj5srso26.jpg

• amfmmamaamfmmama Posts: 1,133Member Member Posts: 1,133Member Member
    I want to start heavy lifting... what is the best way to go about it, that is not to crazy expensive?
    amfmmama wrote: »
    I want to start heavy lifting... what is the best way to go about it, that is not to crazy expensive?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • amfmmamaamfmmama Posts: 1,133Member Member Posts: 1,133Member Member
  • kodiakkekodiakke Posts: 379Member Member Posts: 379Member Member
    amfmmama wrote: »

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Thank you very much, I hadn't yet asked the question, but got it answered. ;)
  • rontuueyeslikeafoxrontuueyeslikeafox Posts: 52Member Member Posts: 52Member Member
    I love this thread. I started reading it 3 years ago and then I've just had to catch up on the last 2 years worth of posts, haha! Still fighting my fear of the free weights section at my gym though, I know it's psychological but I can't seem to get past it. I'm hoping that I can at least make a small difference with the machines and hopefully move to the free weights when I'm ready
  • khcrmokhcrmo Posts: 27Member Member Posts: 27Member Member
    megemrj wrote: »
    I think I began lifting (SL 5x5) in March of 2016 (top right photo). Weighed 151.7 lbs

Other two photos are 1.1.2019. No longer doing SL but still lift about 4-5 days a week. Current weight fluctuates between 125 & 135 lbs.

Great job... and beautiful song on your back
  • rosioramarosiorama Posts: 301Member Member Posts: 301Member Member
    I love this thread. I started reading it 3 years ago and then I've just had to catch up on the last 2 years worth of posts, haha! Still fighting my fear of the free weights section at my gym though, I know it's psychological but I can't seem to get past it. I'm hoping that I can at least make a small difference with the machines and hopefully move to the free weights when I'm ready

Aww, Likeafox, I want to tell you to just go for it! You belong in the free weights section as much as anyone else. We all pay a membership!

That being said, I still am intimidated by the squat racks. So now I try to do my leg days first thing in the morning - like at 6:30 am because then I don’t have to elbow my way to it. I use a small university gym (since Sept) so there are lots of superfit sports players... most of the time I am totally ignored, but lately some of these super sports boys actually acknowledge my 44 year old presence. It’s like I passed a test! I don’t lift nearly what they do, but who gives a crap. do what you do. If I can do it you can.
    edited February 18