HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Replies

• ITfitchick
    ITfitchick Posts: 10 Member
    bump
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Wowwee, @DomesticKat, that is fan-freaking-tastic!!!
  • jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Wow yous all do well inspiring.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Wow @DomesticKat, that is amazing for one year!
  • Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    Ladies, how do you decide on what to do for weight lifting!? Any good sites for a program that isn’t 5x5?
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    I want to start heavy lifting... what is the best way to go about it, that is not to crazy expensive?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    amfmmama wrote: »
    I want to start heavy lifting... what is the best way to go about it, that is not to crazy expensive?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    @quiksylver296 Thank you!

• kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    amfmmama wrote: »

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Thank you very much, I hadn't yet asked the question, but got it answered. ;)
  • I love this thread. I started reading it 3 years ago and then I've just had to catch up on the last 2 years worth of posts, haha! Still fighting my fear of the free weights section at my gym though, I know it's psychological but I can't seem to get past it. I'm hoping that I can at least make a small difference with the machines and hopefully move to the free weights when I'm ready
  • khcrmo
    khcrmo Posts: 40 Member
    megemrj wrote: »
    I think I began lifting (SL 5x5) in March of 2016 (top right photo). Weighed 151.7 lbs

Other two photos are 1.1.2019. No longer doing SL but still lift about 4-5 days a week. Current weight fluctuates between 125 & 135 lbs.

Great job... and beautiful song on your back
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Sorry to bump this thread again (although not really because it's super motivating to read/see) but I've started with a personal trainer to help me with my strength goals (and with my fear of the free weights section of the gym) so hopefully one day I can post properly in here, haha

GO GET IT!!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!