HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Replies

• IheartPGH
    IheartPGH Posts: 39 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    Hello all!

I started lifting back in 2012, switch to CrossFit in 2015 and then in 2017 just stopped. I’m back to good ol lifting after a hiatus! No more CrossFit here tho.

Feel free to add me!

Was there something about Crossfit that disagreed with you, are caused injury, etc.???

In the same boat here. Crossfit created visible results. But the injuries just piled up, & the coaching wasn't acceptable (for the cost of membership).
  • IheartPGH
    IheartPGH Posts: 39 Member
    Hello all!

I started lifting back in 2012, switch to CrossFit in 2015 and then in 2017 just stopped. I’m back to good ol lifting after a hiatus! No more CrossFit here tho.

Feel free to add me!

Same here. Crossfit caused me injuries that have lasted close to 10 years now. Aggravates me every day.
  • BEE3FAM
    BEE3FAM Posts: 12 Member
    Looking great!
  • You rock!!!!!!I am very interested in what program or ideas you followed for your astonishing (amazing!!) results. Is there a book you recommend? I greatly appreciate your response!!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,334 Member
    edited July 2021
    You rock!!!!!!I am very interested in what program or ideas you followed for your astonishing (amazing!!) results. Is there a book you recommend? I greatly appreciate your response!!

Hi, Tammy. There’s lots of ladies posting here. If you use @ plus their user ID, then the user you’re addressing will get a notification (assuming the check them!).

For example, if I address you as @TamaraWisniewskiKozak youll notice that your name turns blue and if you check your notifications you’ll see it flags this post for you.

For me, I do a combination of yoga, Pilates, walking, (slooooow) running (or fast walking!), and weightlifting. I train with a wonderful personal trainer who is an older woman like me, but who also pushes me as hard as she pushes herself. If you seek a trainer, you may have to try several before you click with one.

Others here use StrongLifts or other similar programs.

There’s some ladies who posts their (not beginner!) regimens on this thread, which I find interesting reading and their videos are epic:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/46102320#Comment_46102320

• idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Just here to bump! :)
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    KiyaK wrote: »
    Any women our there getting bulky? I've come back to lifting after having a kid & getting my masters online. Crazy how much strength I've lost (and weight I've gained!) From sitting aaaaaall the time 😖

If I could make a suggestion: invest in a standing desk if you can!! Every little bit helps too like parking a little further away or short walks. Also, I would say most women wouldn't get bulky but we are all individuals and I feel personally I do need more cardio of various kinds in addition to weight lifting and that works for me because I do feel like I get a little bulky (and no not cuz I was eating too much and I don't have any hormone imbalances that I know of).
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,334 Member
    cppeace wrote: »
    You all are so inspiring! I've been interested in lifting for a long time. With my stiff wrists though don't think there's a lot I can do. I do my Total Gym for now and love it. Keep it going!

Google for “yoga wrist stretches”. I spend an hour or two a day in yoga classes, and down dog, arm balances, side planks, all can be wearing on your wrists.

The stretches have really helped.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!