To the women who lift.

124»

Replies

• Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    So refreshing to read this :) awesomenesssss
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    I just want to thank you. Your hard work and dedication to reshaping your body is inspiring and motivational to so many others. While not everyone agrees that muscle definition, abs, and killer curves are a desirable feminine quality, there are many who find it incredibly attractive and appreciate the combination of strength and femininity that radiates from you.

I admit that I once was on the other side of the fence. In my ignorance, I thought that women who lifted heavy would gain too much muscle mass and take on a masculine appearance. Since joining here, I have learned otherwise. What you women gain is strength, both physical and mental.

Would bang you all,

whierd

This, folks, is how it's done.

Solid game, man.

Now go bang and bring extra oil.

I do it for the n00ds.
  • whierd
    Awesome post! I have not been lucky enough to be graced with your presence, but it's nice to know some men out there appreciate all the hard work the ladies put in to look good! ;)

Absolutely! Most women develop body image issues because there is so much pressure to look a certain way. I love it when you all grab life by the barbell and take control of your body and how you feel about it. Confidence is a good thing. :smile:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Awesome post! I have not been lucky enough to be graced with your presence, but it's nice to know some men out there appreciate all the hard work the ladies put in to look good! ;)

Absolutely! Most women develop body image issues because there is so much pressure to look a certain way. I love it when you all grab life by the barbell and take control of your body and how you feel about it. Confidence is a good thing. :smile:

Awwwwwww.

tumblr_m0pp4owsDd1qjlunc_zps9d75d522.gif
  • mk9562
    mk9562 Posts: 186 Member
  • whierd

Awwwwwww.

tumblr_m0pp4owsDd1qjlunc_zps9d75d522.gif

:heart:
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    I'm gonna name one of my workouts after you.

Please please PLEASE let it involve squats and deads. I want to be responsible for a nice butt.

Deal :flowerforyou:
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Great thread!!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Date.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Thank you.

However, it's important to note that we don't lift JUST to be attractive to men. We lift to be awesome and if awesome happens to attract, so be it.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Thank you.

However, it's important to note that we don't lift JUST to be attractive to men. We lift to be awesome and if awesome happens to attract, so be it.

Word.
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    And the thing is, being softer isn't a bad thing. If you feel that having a layer of fluff makes you more sexy, that is fantastic! Have low bodyfat and slim muscles? Nothing wrong with that. Everyone has a different opinion on what makes someone/themselves more attractive and no one is less beautiful because of it.

:flowerforyou:
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    To the OP... Thank you! Finally someone who appreciates all the hard work and dedication that is put into weight lifting =) MUCH Appreciated!
  • whierd
    Thank you.

Of course not, you do it so you can be more attractive to yourself, feel stronger, and be badass.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Nice contrast to the "i'm a soft and happy girl" post earlier. Thanks! :drinker:

And the thing is, being softer isn't a bad thing. If you feel that having a layer of fluff makes you more sexy, that is fantastic! Have low bodyfat and slim muscles? Nothing wrong with that. Everyone has a different opinion on what makes someone/themselves more attractive and no one is less beautiful because of it.

And there isn't a danged reason not to have both, I aspire to be strong AND fluffy. Never saw a dang thing in the weights section that says I have to strip all my fat off while I am building my muscles. So thanks to all you lovely lifting ladies who never told me or anyone else we had to or needed to lose the fat first last or ever.
  • whierd
    Nice contrast to the "i'm a soft and happy girl" post earlier. Thanks! :drinker:

And there isn't a danged reason not to have both, I aspire to be strong AND fluffy. Never saw a dang thing in the weights section that says I have to strip all my fat off while I am building my muscles. So thanks to all you lovely lifting ladies who never told me or anyone else we had to or needed to lose the fat first last or ever.

Nothing wrong with that goal. :smile: