Lost 50lbs~Now I'm a Success Story, Too :) *VERY Pic Heavy*

Replies

• That picture from your first 5k, you look so elated...it's just too adorable
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Way to go! You look fit and happy.
  • An awesome story and transformation. I hope I can achieve mine like that. You look great and you should be proud of your accomplishments. :)
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss! You did a great job. & You look great too.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Way to go Amber!! So inspiring! You look amazing!! I did my first 5k last August!! You should be so proud of yourself!! WTG!
  • sylbona
    sylbona Posts: 6
    wtg girl....what a beautiful story...thanks for sharing!!!...you are an inspiration to all...syl...
  • miissnessa
    miissnessa Posts: 43 Member
    I had to take a double take and look at your before to your after. Wow that is really you?! Crazy you look so much younger and much happier! That's amazing. Totally an inspiration. Amazing work! I'm doing the c25k just for fun and I really enjoy it even if I suck at running lol!
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Thank you! And, yes, that's really me! Haha I think we all kind of suck at running when we're starting out (to be honest, I'm still not sure I'm good at it! haha), just stick with it and hopefully you'll learn to love it, too! Good luck!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    WTG, you look awesome and soo happy!
  • Hi There! Congratulations on your Success!
    You look so vibrant and full of Moxy!
    Great Job!
  • Hoosier96
    Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
    you look awesome, and your baby belly was super cute. :) congrats on your dedication and success!
  • Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • luckynky
    luckynky Posts: 123 Member
    Wow- thank you for posting your story. I just started my fitness journey at age 39 1/2. I literally have tears in my eyes after seeing your pics and reading your story. I never really had a weight problem until my mid thirties when my hormones started changing, and then I got pregnant. My youngest child is almost 3, and I breast fed her for 2 years and I was HUNGRY the entire time and lost very little weight after she was born. (And it doesn't help that I'm hypoglycemic.) I wouldn't change breastfeeding her if I did it over again, but I'm so happy to be on the other side taking care of myself now!

Way to go!
  • WaxMama
    Wow- thank you for posting your story. I just started my fitness journey at age 39 1/2. I literally have tears in my eyes after seeing your pics and reading your story. I never really had a weight problem until my mid thirties when my hormones started changing, and then I got pregnant. My youngest child is almost 3, and I breast fed her for 2 years and I was HUNGRY the entire time and lost very little weight after she was born. (And it doesn't help that I'm hypoglycemic.) I wouldn't change breastfeeding her if I did it over again, but I'm so happy to be on the other side taking care of myself now!

Way to go!

Thank you! I totally understand. I never regretted nursing, but it sure was nice to get my body back and shift the focus onto myself again! I'm sure you'll reach your goals in no time :flowerforyou:
  • Jeeto115
    Jeeto115 Posts: 48 Member
    You look fantastic!
  • • I must say, sometimes appearances are important and sometimes are irrelevant. Your efforts and determination are an inspiration to all of us, to which I must support kindly. I am personally struggling with my own weight issues, and health problems which are part of the overall problem. Thank you for your inspiration, and please maintain the beautiful smile…always!
  • WaxMama
    • I must say, sometimes appearances are important and sometimes are irrelevant. Your efforts and determination are an inspiration to all of us, to which I must support kindly. I am personally struggling with my own weight issues, and health problems which are part of the overall problem. Thank you for your inspiration, and please maintain the beautiful smile…always!

I absolutely will, thank you :smile: I hope your medical issues resolve quickly. I have been struggling with medical issues as well, so I can relate. It's tough when you lose the weight and get to goal, but still feel crappy all of the time. Then again, I think the struggle helps in a way, losing weight is something I CAN control when so many aspects of my life are out of my hands! Good luck to you!
  • Anna7595
    Anna7595 Posts: 38
    Thank you for your inspiring story and pictures! This really motivates me. It is a secret goal of mine to eventually be able to run a 5k.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    WOW!! you look like a totally different person!! congrats!! you look great!!
  • Letters24You
    Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
    Great story! Thanks for sharing! In your last photos you look totally radiant and excited to be where you are!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!