Made my first beef tongue (pic)

1235»

Replies

• Wienerbua
    Wienerbua Posts: 19
    no reason to be horrified, it is just a cut like any other, Western culture tends to look aghast at any cut that is too animal in animal format like tongue as opposed to something slightly more processed like hamburger.

American Indians prized the bison tongue because it was the fattiest cut of meat and they needed fat to survive.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    I was raised by my father and I remember him cooking this a few times wheni was young. I think it tasted a bit like beef liver but I remember liking it. I also loved game meat like rabbit, deer and partridge. I am not sure if I would eat it now though.
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    No . . . . I can't . . . .
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Was looking through this to find COW TONGUE recipes but a lot of it is comments.
    I LOVE the Korean BBQ Beef tongue, grilled over charcoal really thinly sliced with sesame oil and lemon juice. Absolutely delish! I've also had it in a stew and curry. The meat is so tender, it melts in your mouth. So good.

Anyone have any new recipes to share??
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    I fixed it once. It tasted OK, but I can't get past the little taste buds on it, so won't fix it or eat it again.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    @just_Tomek pressure cook? Got it! Can't wait to try!
    @RetiredAndLovingIt I think the taste buds comes off with the skin.
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    That does sound terrifying! But I hope you enjoyed lol 🤽‍♂️
  • PatrickMaryAlice
    PatrickMaryAlice Posts: 11 Member
    I want to see the pic. It isn't loading. Sounds scary, but I want to try!!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited November 2019
    I have tasted it. Not bad at all. Not my favorite. My dad told my mom never to make it again. He said she could feed it to her dog, but not his dogs. Lol. We butchered our own calf, so we just had one, didn’t buy it special. Are they expensive? I have never seen one in a store.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Nope, peeled the skin & they were still there!😜😩