How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    This...times two.

The Cheesecake Factory's Bistro Shrimp Pasta, made with a butter and cream sauce and topped with battered, fried shrimp, has 3,120 calories and 89 grams of saturated fat and 1,090 milligrams of sodium, said CSPI, which said it confirmed nutritional data with companies on the list.

Cheesecake Factory said that dish has 3,020 calories, 79 grams of saturated fat and 1,076 milligrams of sodium.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I might have overestimated myself. I had a mini cheat day today at the buffet, I estimated around 2000 calories, and I am stuffed! I still feel queasy hours after. I might have a small dinner or snack later though.

119pedu.jpg

But this is because this meal was eaten in a span of 1.5 hr. If I spread it out(breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner), 5000 is possible. Anybody watch competitive eating on Youtube like furiouspete, mattstonie, jamie mcdonald? They eat 10,000+ calories at a time but are far from obese which is where I got the 5000 calorie idea from (scaled down to fit my size). I used to think they were so lucky but now I can't imagine doing what they do because even at the buffet, I stopped enjoying the food after the 3rd plate but I ate more because my greedy self wanted to try everything.

Looks delicious, especially the desserts, but that looks to be way more than. 2000 calories. Most of those desserts alone would be at least 100 calories a piece. But gosh, In sure relate to wanting some of everything. My cheat day would run to 7-8 k, because of ky tendency to want some of all the foods I crave most, hence cheat days tend not to work for me. I just try and have a little something I crave on a daily basis and an occasional splurge meal now.
  • ShmareParks
    ShmareParks Posts: 88 Member
    To all those who are raining on your parade for planning a cheat day, boo hoo. Planning a cheat day could be what this person needs in order to keep up motivation and keep going. I definitely have cheat days and they are SO FUN, and I'm still losing at a steady pace. But I would NOT plan a 5000-calorie cheat day. Oh, no. I would just .... let it happen. :)
  • sallievp
    sallievp Posts: 33 Member
    cheese steaks, pizza and cupcakes ...all my favorite fat girl foods!!

My favourites too!!! Mouth watering now! :smile:
  • pinktiger8
    pinktiger8 Posts: 130
    I might have overestimated myself. I had a mini cheat day today at the buffet, I estimated around 2000 calories, and I am stuffed! I still feel queasy hours after. I might have a small dinner or snack later though.

119pedu.jpg

But this is because this meal was eaten in a span of 1.5 hr. If I spread it out(breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner), 5000 is possible. Anybody watch competitive eating on Youtube like furiouspete, mattstonie, jamie mcdonald? They eat 10,000+ calories at a time but are far from obese which is where I got the 5000 calorie idea from (scaled down to fit my size). I used to think they were so lucky but now I can't imagine doing what they do because even at the buffet, I stopped enjoying the food after the 3rd plate but I ate more because my greedy self wanted to try everything.

Looks delicious, especially the desserts, but that looks to be way more than. 2000 calories. Most of those desserts alone would be at least 100 calories a piece. But gosh, In sure relate to wanting some of everything. My cheat day would run to 7-8 k, because of ky tendency to want some of all the foods I crave most, hence cheat days tend not to work for me. I just try and have a little something I crave on a daily basis and an occasional splurge meal now.

I didnt clean the plates and I shared the desserts with my mom. If I ate everything I would have blown up :p
  • mousetrousers
    mousetrousers Posts: 27 Member
    A large A&W chocolate milkshake is 1000 calories.

I'd probably go crazy and order all my favourite foods:

Denny's Grandslam eggs & bacon breakfast or Denny's meat & egg scramble
    Turkey & Bacon Wrap from Green Mango for lunch
    Stuffed crust meatlover's pizza & cheesy breadsticks for dinner with ranch dressing
    Cheesecake for a snack
    Poutine for a late night meal

I wonder if all that would be over 5,000. I'd never eat this ever, but it's fun to dream.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Snack on:
    Almond
    Cachew
    Macademia
    Peanuts
    Buttered popcorn
    Cheese
    2-3 pieces or more of Pretzel

Dessert:
    Ice cream, choose the brand with high calorie and have them more than one scoop
    Pancake/waffle with full cream topping with honey or maple syrub
    Shibuya Style Honey Toast, if you can fine it in your area or you can make it your own
    3-4 pieces of Doughnuts/Muffin/Cupcake
    Slices of cakes
    Carrot Cake
    Cheese Cake
    Pie
    Croisants
    Cheese Pie
    Puff Pastry

Savory
    Several slices of Pizza, preferably Supreme topping
    Fish and Chip
    Deep Fried breaded food
    Huge dish of Pasta with cream base sauce like Alfredo sauce or Carbonara Sauce
    Slices of Garlic Bread
    Any cream based soup
    Huge pieces of Rib Eye Steak
    Mash Potato with butter mixed in
    Pad Thai with Egg
    Durian, if you can tolerate its smell or fine Durian Chip
    Ripe Mango with sticky Rice with Coconuts Milk on top
    Pad See Ew
    Massaman Curry with Brown Rice
    Japanese Curry Rice with pork or chicken Tonkatsu on top, switch the rice with Brown short grained rice (Genmai rice)
    Deep fried Chicken thigh, preferably coated with battered flour
    You Tiao (chinese fried dough)
    Chinese style roasted duck with skin, eat it with brown rice or Gaba Rice
    Braised pig's leg with Skin, with Brown Rice or Gaba Rice
    Crispy Pork Belly (Siew Yok), eat it with Brown Rice or Gaba Rice
    Hinanese chicken Rice, eat the thigh, again with skin
    Deep Fried Tofu
    Battered Deep Fried Banana/Taro
    Drink Whole milk
    Drink Coconuts Milk
    Full Fat Greek Yogurt
    Avocado
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Venti Starbucks coffee, Starbucks pastries, Starbucks furniture, building, barista/os.

(Also, how to go broke.)
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    That's a cheat week.

Yeah no kidding

I'm confused by this. 5000 calories over the course of a week would be ~700 calories/day. Surely you two aren't eating less than that...

...are you???

this is what i was thinking.
    Now.

Breakfast: chocolate chip pancakes(550 for 3), Starbucks Venti white chocolate mocha, with whip. (470) total meal= 1022
    Lunch: Portillo's 16 oz chocolate cake shake(1,600 calories), 2 jumbo hot dogs with everything (700), large fry (494) total meal= 2794
    Dinner: Ruby Tuesday's Zucchini cakes(428), fries(360), 1 cup of the ham, green pea, and pasta salad(445), Coke(200) total meal= 1433
    Dessert: Ruby Tuesday's Blondie for one(630 cals), 1 cup Ben and Jerry's Chocolate fudge brownie ice cream(520) total meal= 1150
    Total day: 6399. Just a bit over. :wink: :flowerforyou:

Now, this is assuming i could keep all that DOWN! But this would be a day in heaven for mee :love: :love:
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    I wouldn't...
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Let's pretend my stomach could hold all this food...

Breakfast- Denny's Grand Slamwich with hasbrowns (1520) and a grande iced mocha with skim milk (170)

Lunch: Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad (Betty Crocker) made with Light Miracle Whip (800 calories for the whole box I think) and 4oz Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar (440)

Dinner: Chili's Big Mouth Bites w/fries (1890) and Chips & Salsa (455 for half order)

Comes out to 5,275 calories...I could never physically eat that much though! But I picked all my really high calorie favorites!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    I wouldn't...

You should get like an award or something for the most helpful post ever!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    That's a cheat week.

Yeah no kidding

I'm confused by this. 5000 calories over the course of a week would be ~700 calories/day. Surely you two aren't eating less than that...

...are you???

I had forgotten about my question. Did I miss the answer somewhere in the previous pages?
  • cm1491
    cm1491 Posts: 7 Member
    !!!! :)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    This is still going?
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Amateurs.

The day should look like this:

Breakfast: Full english (2 bacon, 2 eggs, 2 sausage, black pudding, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans, toast, tea)

11am: The pubs open - 3 pints or so, game of pool before:

1pm Lunch: Pub lunch - some kind of meat pie, peas, chips and another pint.

Have a wander and a pint in a few other places, deciding where to settle in for the night....perhaps 3 more pints before:

Dinner: Kebab shop or similar.

The rest of the evening vanishes in a haze of more beer interspersed with pork scratchings and crisps.

Ah, yes. A true Brit

If it went over cals wise - you could always get in a ruck and log the 'burn' as 'excercise'....
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    breakfast: cheeseburger pizza

cheeseburger-pizza_main.jpg

lunch: something from Friday's

tgi-fridays-menu-5.jpg

dinner: the leftovers from breakfast and lunch, then blueberry and chocolate cheesecake

meringue_chocolate_91120_16x9.jpg

though I highly doubt I can eat that much in one sitting so I'll have enough leftovers for quite a few more meals during the next week.....
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    I would eat and drink my weight in - cheese, charcuterie, pate, crusty bread and red wine!!! :drinker:
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    For a 5000 calorie day? No problem, that used to be my average.

Breakfast: eggs Benedict, fruit salad, a couple of Mimosas.
    Lunch: all the sushi. And a couple of Sapporos.
    Dinner: A steak the size of my head, Cesar salad, baked potato, and a bottle of Pinot Noir. Cheesecake for dessert.
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    I would eat one of these:

http://dudefoods.com/bacon-weave-taco/