Losing 1lb a week's good but how can I lose 2 instead?

2»

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    There's a lot of bananas in your diary! They are pretty high in carbs and sugar- I'd limit to one a day
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Try this spreadsheet. It will tell you what you should be eating.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amt7QBR9-c6MdGVTbGswLUUzUHNVVUlNSW9wZWloeUE

This ^

I use this spreadsheet and I LOVE it!!! If it is "too scary", "too much math", "too overwhelming" - there is a simple way to get to the same place. Read the thread below and do the calculations. Once you get that number eat towards it. You might have to increase your calories by 200/week until you reach the number. In this system you DO NOT eat back the exercise calories. They are already figured out in there. It works. And weight will drop sometimes faster, sometimes slower. You just need to stick with it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975707-fat-loss-tactics-guide

Dang, that's a hella-good spreadsheet. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
  • KellyMcNamee1979
    KellyMcNamee1979 Posts: 1 Member
    I am the same 1200 a day and losing 1lb a week iv had a 3lb week and some 2lb. Iv lost 1st 3lb since mid August. I thought it would be a faster loss but people keep telling me im still losing and never put on. In reading these posts though i migt increase my calories.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    MFP isn't about trying to net the fewest possible number of calories. It's about learning to eat at a healthy level for your body - not too much and not too little.

this

If MFP has given you 1200 cals it is probably because you dont have that much weight to lose, or you have set it to lose 2lb per week.

weight loss and being healthy isnt a race to do it the quickest, its about learning how to have a healthy lifestyle, with some exercise and a few treats!