• patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Take top.
  • DuncRx7
    DuncRx7 Posts: 9 Member
    Weighted squats, best thing going.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    I put .5 inch on my butt in the last 4 weeks through squatting 2 times a week (HEAVY)....
  • kwatkin
    kwatkin Posts: 81 Member
    saving for later! hopefully i can build up that butt of mine :)
    and to those saying it's genetics... my grandma/mom have boobs and butt... my sister has boobs, no butt, and i have neither. lol.
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    My butt was so flat my pants couldnt stay up without a belt around my waist. My love handles were bigger then my butt... still arr, but theyre getting smaller. Im all boobs and no butt, seriously,

However, since I started squating, deadlifts and working out in general my butts gotten rounder and firmer. Its never gonna be beyonces, but its not a deflated balloon now either.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    I had big glutes when I used to speed skate. Taking up rollerblading should help too.

you know now that i think about it speed skaters have huge butts and thighs
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Its never gonna be beyonces, but its not a deflated balloon now either.

lol that describes mine perfectly--"deflated"
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Genetics might have something to do with this... squats will just improve the look of what you do have, they won't give you something else entirely

Oh but they will, squats build the muscle, muscle can get bigger :) Big butts woo!

Your shape is genetic. You can tone, firm and smooth your *kitten* but is it gonna take on a whole new life and form? I doubt it.

Your sacral curve is actually a bony structure... it doesn't care what the muscle on your butt is doing... how much your *kitten* sticks out is nothing to do with exercise otherwise all girls doing squats would all have booty *kitten* like beyonce and they really don't...

Come on now, this is mental :huh:

1. Is the butt (glutes) a muscle?
    2. Does the squat stimulate the glutes during the lift?
    3. Does stimulating muscle during lifting elicit growth?

yes.... which is why I said you can firm, tone and smooth it with exercise. You can certainly improve what you have... but you don't get given something else. Most women inherit breast, *kitten*, hip size and shape from their mothers/grandmothers

I am small. I have small boobs, small waist, big *kitten*, just like my mum and my sister and my nanna. My best friend is tall. She is skinny with big wide childbearing hips, big boobs and a flatt *kitten*, exactly like her mum. Exercise improves on our existing shape but it does not change it.

But hey, if you think a girl who by her own admittance has a 'flat butt' can turn that into a big bootylicious curvaceous *kitten* that she is in no way genetically predisposed to have through lifting weights and squatting then who am I to rain on your parade... :drinker:
    Agreed. People acting like squats would give them an *kitten* like Pinky. Not gonna happen. That being said, proper glute activation will improve any butt shape.
  • AntWrig
    tumblr_mi3uasEREN1r7w8cbo1_500.gif

Not that I know of.
    Form -14
  • jajnn
    jajnn Posts: 33

Not that I know of.

Does she even lift?
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    weighted squats and dead-lifts is the best things you can do for your glutes. Find a gym with a power rack (squat cage) so you don't need to worry too much about failure.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member

Not that I know of.

That is Hottt hahahha ... Yes defo squats I've lost 10" of my belly and 10" of my hips but gained 4" on my bum xx
  • Shani_Shoo
    Shani_Shoo Posts: 60 Member
    You can have some of mine. I am happy to share it. I don't want it.
  • AntWrig

Not that I know of.

Does she even lift?
    Clearly not.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member

i would so flag that rep.

depth is just an inch short of being legal...
    meaning she should be squatting one inch further down?
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    All the exercises mentioned, plus eat protein (1g/lb LBM/day) and a slight caloric surplus. Be prepared to diet away the fat that you'll inevitably gain while eating a surplus, but if you do a good resistance routine (lifting heavy is the most efficient, but othet regimes work too) most of what you gain will be muscle.
  • AntWrig
    squat.jpg
    This is the depth I strive for. I normally spend 20-30 minutes per workout on hip mobility work. Dead serious.
  • jajnn
    jajnn Posts: 33
    mirin depth, I'm lucky that I've never had flexibility issues with going ATG. My profile pic was on the way back up lol
  • 0OneTwo3
    0OneTwo3 Posts: 149 Member

i would so flag that rep.

depth is just an inch short of being legal...
    meaning she should be squatting one inch further down?

for general training purposes it doesn't really matter that much. if she had a bar on her back and were in a powerlifting comp. it would be an incomplete squat...