In the year of our Lord 2013

1235»

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,779 Member
    My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates." And I'm going to eat them all.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    once more unto the fridge my friends!
    Once more, We will close the fridge with our foot. In dieting nothing so becomes a MFP like a calorie deficit and exercise. But when the need to binge blows in your ears. Imitate the action of the obese discuss self control with gluttony and lend your mouth a terrible aspect.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    I wish I could tell you that he fought the good fight, and the Cravings let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but MFP is no dating site. He never said who did it, but we all knew. Things went on like that for awhile - MFP life consists of hunger, and then more hunger. Every so often, he would show up with fresh doughnuts. The Cravings kept at him - sometimes he was able to fight 'em off, sometimes not. And that's how it went for him - that was his routine. I do believe those first two years were the worst for him, and I also believe that if things had gone on that way, this place would have got the best of him.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good pizza must be in want of a knife.
  • soldier4242
    "Your honor, the courtroom is a buffet; in it, we burn away irrelevancies until we are left with a purer product: the bacon, for all time. Now sooner or later, this man [Commander Maddox] - or others like him - will succeed in replicating bacon. The decision you reach here today will determine how we will regard this creation of our genius.

It will reveal the kind of people we are; what bacon is destined to be. It will reach far beyond this courtroom and this one kind of bacon. It could significantly redefine the boundaries of pork and ham hocks: expanding them for some, savagely curtailing them for others. Are you prepared to condemn bacon and all who will come after it - to blandness and mediocrity? Your honor, Starfleet was founded to seek out new bacon: well, there it sits! Waiting."
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,585 Member
    I wish I could tell you that he fought the good fight, and the Cravings let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but MFP is no dating site. He never said who did it, but we all knew. Things went on like that for awhile - MFP life consists of hunger, and then more hunger. Every so often, he would show up with fresh doughnuts. The Cravings kept at him - sometimes he was able to fight 'em off, sometimes not. And that's how it went for him - that was his routine. I do believe those first two years were the worst for him, and I also believe that if things had gone on that way, this place would have got the best of him.
    GREAT one!
  • beautyonthebeach83
    beautyonthebeach83 Posts: 99 Member
    I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be a nutritionist. That’s not my business. I don’t want to starve or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone - if possible - Jew, Gentile - black man - white. We all want to feed one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness - not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to starve and deprive one another. In this world there is room for bacon and full fat salad dressing. And the good earth is rich and can provide avocados for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

Hanger has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with boiled chicken breast, has goose-stepped us into misery and starvation mode. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our caloric deficit has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We Zumba too much and eat too little. More than machinery we need hard cheeses. More than cleverness we need cashews and dark chocolate. Without these ingredients, life will be violent and all will be lost....
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be a nutritionist. That’s not my business. I don’t want to starve or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone - if possible - Jew, Gentile - black man - white. We all want to feed one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness - not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to starve and deprive one another. In this world there is room for bacon and full fat salad dressing. And the good earth is rich and can provide avocados for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

Hanger has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with boiled chicken breast, has goose-stepped us into misery and starvation mode. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our caloric deficit has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We Zumba too much and eat too little. More than machinery we need hard cheeses. More than cleverness we need cashews and dark chocolate. Without these ingredients, life will be violent and all will be lost....

LOVE this one. Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • soldier4242
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You eat the cupcake – the story ends, you get fat and believe whatever you want to believe. You eat the broccoli – you go to the gym, and I show you fast treadmill goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the fitness – nothing more
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Weight: the final frontier. These are the diets of the Starship Exercise - its five year mission to explore strange new foods, to seek out new kit and new workout vids... to boldly run where no one has run before.
  • soldier4242
    It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good pizza must be in want of a knife.
    Well yeah, You have to have something to cut the pizza.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    love this movie!
  • TheGoktor
    Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damson.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give Edam :laugh:

(I can't claim credit for it - amato mio just came out with it as I read this thread to him!)
  • TheGoktor
    Your life could depend on this. Don’t drink the mocha. Don’t even drink the frappuchino . Drink the macchiato and you’re dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don’t turn your back, don’t look away, and don’t drink! Good luck.

Everybody knows that everybody diets. But not every day. Not today. Some days are cheat days. Some days are so, so over. Some days, nobody diets at all. Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and the Doctor comes to call, everybody eats.

:bigsmile:
  • soldier4242
    The point is, ladies and gentleman, that cheese, for lack of a better word, is good. Cheese is right, cheese works. Cheese clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Cheese, in all of its forms; cheese for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind.
    I feel just like this about bacon.:heart:
    I am sure it would have been but greed only has one syllable and bacon has two.