Im stuck at 180 lbs forever.

1235»

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    why 140? my so called healthy wt would be 140 and i'm drastically shorter than you.
    instead of focusing on some arbitrary number why not focus on changing your body composition?

I feel like id be happier with my body if it was at 135-140 lbs because several years ago when i started weighing more than 140 lbs thats when my entire shaped changed and didnt look healthy on me or in my clothes anymore. So 140 kind of has stuck in my mind ever since i started getting in the 180's.

When you say "several years ago" do you mean "When I was a teenager?"

the last gasp of the physical changes of puberty can happen in your late teens - you're done growing taller, but your hips can do a last widening, and your shape changes.

I'm not saying you'll never lose weight. I am saying you may find you can't attain the weight of your teens, and even if you do, you might be a different shape anyway.

For instance, I increased a cup size at the age of 23 with no additional weight gain.
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Im 5'9 female 25 years old. I want to weigh 140 lbs. I've been doing cardio 1 hour a day of walking for over a week. I 've been eating

small healthy meals every 3 hours. I started here at

180 lbs then i got down to 170 lbs and then my weight started going back up and now im back up to 175 lbs. I once worked out for

30 days everyday and actually gained weight. Im so irritated how the fat just will not come off. I feel like im really trying hard but once

again theres no results. I think my body is always going to be at 180 lbs now no matter what i do. at this point i just want a quick way

to lose weight im starting to not care anymore about being healthy. i just want to lose weight. i just want to get down to 140 lbs. But

im starting to see that my body is unable to lose fat. Just felt like venting.

Steady state cardio sucks and "walking" is barely considered exercise unless you're elderly or have had to spend a few months in a wheelchair because of a severe injury. Do HIIT! That's High Intensity Interval training and it will take much less time to do but will yield better results. At least mix HIIT in once in a while and if you're going to do that hour of low intensity cardio at least do it on the Stairmill which will at least begin to be a bit more difficult after 25-30 minutes. Mix it up!

Also, check out this video about "The Biggest Fat Loss Mistake, Preserving Muscle, Dangers of Too Much Cardio, & More" it features Layne Norton, Ph.D. who is a Natural competitive bodybuilder/powerlifter.

http://youtu.be/FcM8HablpZk

Walking is hardly considered exercise unless you've been in a wheelchair for months? :huh:

By who? You? Walking is something we are made to do & are very efficient at, yes, and faffing about the house, calling it walking and calling that walking exercise is overly optimistic, yes, but the calories I burn from my nightly 1 1/2 hour brisk walk, when I get home in the freezing cold & am hot & sweating, are just as valid as calories I might burn some other way, that you consider more worthy.

I'm not discounting the importance of strength training, just that ridiculous statement.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Steady state cardio sucks and "walking" is barely considered exercise unless you're elderly or have had to spend a few months in a wheelchair because of a severe injury.

thats like... woah, wait, what?

what did walking ever do to you?

its exercise.
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Steady state cardio sucks and "walking" is barely considered exercise unless you're elderly or have had to spend a few months in a wheelchair because of a severe injury.

thats like... woah, wait, what?

what did walking ever do to you?

its exercise.

Perhaps "walking" is different to walking sans quotation marks. Perhaps "walking" is simply implied.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 414 Member
    i would safely bet money that 1500 is too low or she has her activity set too low.

The days I looked at she netted around 1200, so she hasn't even been meeting that 1500 goal. Net at LEAST 1500, possibly more and do it consistently for at least a few weeks. 2 days of upping your calories won't tell you anything.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member

Walking is hardly considered exercise unless you've been in a wheelchair for months? :huh:

By who? You? Walking is something we are made to do & are very efficient at, yes, and faffing about the house, calling it walking and calling that walking exercise is overly optimistic, yes, but the calories I burn from my nightly 1 1/2 hour brisk walk, when I get home in the freezing cold & am hot & sweating, are just as valid as calories I might burn some other way, that you consider more worthy.

I'm not discounting the importance of strength training, just that ridiculous statement.

I agree; I don't believe that my 2 hours or so walking my dog, on top of my usual daily activities, doesn't count. Incidentally, when I did 30 day shred in addition my weight still didn't budge.....