2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Yes Deb, congrats to your son and his teammates!!:drinker: Also congrats to you for raising money in the concession stand!:drinker:
    and Halelujah you are about DONE!!!!!

Heather, very interesting about the eyebrow threading! Glad you liked it!!!

Ivy way to keep at girl, you posted so far, does that mean you did more after your posting? Good job!!!

My 2/7 was a repeat of yesterday except it was so hot with VERY high wind that my walk was inside on the TM!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    2/7 2.5 miles. no verda:ohwell:
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Yes, Debra--I meant to congratulate you as well! What a relief to be done!

Glad to see everyone still getting it. I unfortunately wasn't able to get to Zumba last night. :sad: We had terrible storms and actually had several trees come down and we were without power. It would have been too mean for me to leave hubby alone with 2 kids and no power, so I sacrificed zumba for the week. Hopefully I can get a short run in tonight when I get home, but it will just depend on how the day goes and when I can get out of here.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    I got my 2/7 today with a 2.75 mile run @ 6mph on the treadmill plus wu/cd walk. I totally didn't feel like it when I got home, but once I got going it felt good, and I thought that I'd run 3 or 3.5 miles, but the kiddos decided that wasn't going to happen. But at least I got a decent run in! Have a good night everyone!
  • vhuber
    2.5 miles IVY??? That is great, keep it up girl!!!

Heather, sorry to hear about the storm situation and missing Zumba. I would have done the same as you. Good girl for squeezing in the run even when you did not feel like it! WTG!!!

I thought I posted my Tuesday workout. 3/7 was a 4 mi. run stopping to kill a rattle snake and to get my poodle away from a skunk. It was a smelly rest of the way home!!!:noway: I also walked about a half last night .
    Today was 4/7 with JMBR workout 1, JMBR CARDIO and a 40 minute walk with my dogs!!!

Talk tomorrow!!!
  • vhuber
    5/7 with a 4 mile run with 14 minutes of warm up cool down walking plus my JMBR workout!
  • wanna_be_fit
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!! These weeks are flying by! I can't believe that I've been back to work for a month now!

I'm 3/7 as of last night with 30 minutes of yoga. Not exactly a big calorie burn, but I keep telling myself that if I continue with the yoga and my SI Joint continues to heal, ultimately I will be able to run farther distances, so in the long run it is helping my calorie burn and overall fitness level! :tongue: Of course it was an interesting yoga session last night as Blake decided to throw a fit halfway through, so the last half of the video the poses were slightly modified due to holding a baby!

We'll probably grab a bite out and run some errands after work today, so likely no workout this evening, but I do plan to do a short run and weights tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • vhuber
    6/7 with a 2 mile run (20 minutes) and 1/2 mile walk! My legs feel heavy after them taking a hard week!!:wink:
    Have a GREAT weekend everybody!
  • wanna_be_fit
    4/7 today with 3 miles @ 6mph on the treadmill plus wu/cd walk. I hadn't really planned to work out at the crack of dawn, however Blake decided that 5:00 am was a great time to get up and moving for the day! So after I fed him and he wouldn't go back to bed I made the decision to get on the treadmill and let Blake chill in his swing and watch me.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Saturday!!!!
  • vhuber
    4/7 today with 3 miles @ 6mph on the treadmill plus wu/cd walk. I hadn't really planned to work out at the crack of dawn, however Blake decided that 5:00 am was a great time to get up and moving for the day! So after I fed him and he wouldn't go back to bed I made the decision to get on the treadmill and let Blake chill in his swing and watch me.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Saturday!!!!
    Way to go Heather! Have an even greater Saturday~~~!

I am going to score a 7/7 by walking with the neighbor (I am at our cabin for a couple of days) and our furries!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Guess everyone had a busy weekend. Great job hitting 7/7, Verda!

I was 1/7 yesterday with nearly 2 hours of cleaning up limbs and logs in the yard from a storm that come through on Tuesday. Two trees from our neighbor's property came down in our yard, and unfortunately in NC whoever's property a tree lands on is responsible for the tree. Ugh! My parents were in town so they watched the kiddos and I helped hubby clean up multiple piles of brush, branches, logs, etc and get them into piles on the edge of our property for the town to pick up. Not exactly a FUN workout, but I did burn nearly 600 calories according to my HRM!

Will try to get a quick treadmill run in tonight if the kiddos will allow it. Happy Monday all!!
  • thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Life is about to go back to the regular, back to work, back to georgia, but I am going to miss the hubby. But you do what you have to do with the economy being what it is. So with that being said I have been trying to enjoy him as much as possible.

Today I am 2/7. Yesterday was a 5 miler in under an hour. Can u believe it? Today was a much needed yoga class, sauna, and 3/4 mile warm up before class. The rest of the day I will be packing because I have a flight out tomorrow. I will be on here a little bit more once work starts.

Happy Monday everyone
  • vhuber
    Heather, I know it is a pain cleaning up after storms but be thankful that it did not crash through your house! Good cal burn too!!

thinktank, ohhhh I wish you could be with your husband!! That is always tough on marriages, hang in there!! Good run and keep it up!!!

1/7 was a 3 mile walk around the cabin with some core work and todays 2/7 was a 15 mile bike ride, JMBR and a 2 mile walk with my furry kids!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    :laugh: Hey friends... I am back... hopefully will be able to post more regularly. Baseball behind us... but have moved on to football :huh:

World series... didn't go so well.. got knocked out early... but my son and his team mate won the home run derby! I was glad to get back to Indiana...
    We have been working on the rental every free minute we have.. cleaned up the out side and mowed on SUnday...and I have poisin ivy all over me :ohwell: ...even on my face...and I was trying hard as I could to stay out of it... it was just every where wrapped arounf all the tress :angry: ,, it is such a mess over there... today my son and I are going over after football to rip out carpets//..... sigh!

My fitness is all over the place... I haven't weighed myself in a good long time... trying to refocus today and start August hard!

Verda... did I read that right... you stopped and killed a rattle snake???????:noway: :noway: .. you beast you!!!
    Heather...way to stick at your program... even with little ones on hips! :wink:
    :wink: :wink:
    Think tank.... so sorry you have to leave hubby..... I am not to happy with mine right now and you made me think of things in a different light.... :flowerforyou:

Ivy Hello!!!!
  • vhuber
    Welcome back Deb!!! I wish I could come help you (not that I want to have poison ivy all over me but I do really like that type of physical work, especially when working with another!) Yes I killed a rattler! I have done it a few times in my life actually! One large rock in the right place (head) and it's dead, I was lucky and hit it the first time this time, that has not happened before!!!
    Have a great attitude day my friend!!!!
  • vhuber
    3/7 was 80 minutes of push mowing with watering, JMBR workout #4 and a 4 mile walk/run with the furries tonite!
    Hope you all moved your butts today!!!:wink:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Oh Debra, that does not sound like fun!!!! But at least you're burning tons of calories and getting the rental back to looking good. Verda, glad you're still killing it as usual--you certainly are the beast of the group! :)

Thinktank, glad to see you back! Long distance relationships are no fun--but my hubby will WISH ours was long distance when I get home tonight if he doesn't make up for being a dork. It's my birthday today and he didn't even think to tell me happy birthday. :cry: In his defense, he gave me my gift over the weekend, but come on--how hard is it to remember?!! Oh well.

I was 2/7 last night with my zumba class. Either the dances are easier this session or my fitness is improving--I used to burn about 550-600 calories at zumba, and last night I only burned 430! Oh well--still a fun burn!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • vhuber
    Happy Birthday Heather!!!! I hope your husband either makes or takes you for a nice dinner this evening! Or even give you 1 hour of fitness time! (that would be my request:wink: ) Have a great day!!!
  • vhuber
    4/7 with 3 workouts! Running and walking and my JMBR!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Hello all! Thanks for the birthday shout out, Verda! :smile: Hubby did make up for forgetting to tell me happy birthday before I left for work. He sent me an e-card once he realized that he had forgotten! We had planned to go out to dinner, but Blake got his 4 mo shots yesterday and was cranky, so hubby went and picked up takeout from the restaurant we were planning to go to--yummy sushi! It turned out to be a good day after all. Blake's appt went well (other than shots :cry: ) and he is getting BIG--16 lb 10 1/2 oz and 26 3/8 inches long. He's about 90th percentile for height and weight, which is complete opposite from my daughter who has always been 10th percentile or lower for everything!

I didn't get a workout in last night due to fussy baby, take out for dinner, and early to bed to read on my new Kindle (love it!) but I did get a run in this morning, so I am 3/7 with 3 mile run @ 6mph on the treadmill plus wu/cd walk. I really wanted to just take Blake back to my bed to feed him when he woke up at 5am, but I decided to do the right thing and get my butt on the treadmill! My heart rate seems to be slowly creeping down, so hopefully I'll be back on track soon. I've had exercise ADD lately--don't know what I want to focus on--running, weights, elliptical, yoga--but I think I'm really going to focus on running because my girlfriends want me to train with them for a destination half marathon next spring. So for now I think I'll focus on running plus the yoga to keep my hip in check. I've got one more Zumba session from mid August until September but may give that a break this fall and maybe even join a running group to train for the half.

Enough rambling....I sure am chatty this morning! :wink: Hope you all have a wonderful day--can't believe it is already Thursday!!!!