What did you have for breakfast?

Replies

• kitten7911
    kitten7911 Posts: 49 Member
    41 calorie pumpkin doughnuts that i'm waiting to pull out of the oven, they smell great!!!!
  • stephaniekhani
    stephaniekhani Posts: 77 Member
    I've gotten onto the "overnight oatmeal" bandwagon and had banana cocoa (yes, chocolate!) oatmeal this morning and will tomorrow morning. After that it's homemade baked oatmeal squares with bananas and blueberries for the rest of the week. I make 'em on a Sunday, pop them in the fridge after they've cooled and then I'm set for the week! I just reheat each square while I make my coffee. :-) Yummy!!
  • shereemaria
    shereemaria Posts: 12 Member
    black drip coffee
    1/2 cup egg whites flavoured with sriacha & nanami togarashi and hot salsa dumped on top

that works out to about 75cal. i hate big breakfasts so this is perfect for me. :)
  • dmperiman
    dmperiman Posts: 13 Member
    Do you have a SPROUTS supermarket in your area?
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Pre-workout: Promax ls bar and a bowl of strawberries and kiwi.
    Post-workout: Oats, eggs, and blueberries.
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Two eggs fried in butter, Greek yogurt, and a cup of tea.
  • 2 whole grain waffles and syrup :) & lots of water
  • RyanR0320
    RyanR0320 Posts: 44
    Blueberry crepe. Usually I have cereal or nutrigrain bar, though.
  • Marienils
    Marienils Posts: 1 Member
    1/2 of Arnolds whole wheat sandwich thins
    1 tbsp natural peanut butter, chunky!
    1/4 blueberries
    coffee with sugar free french vanilla creamer

my fave!
  • This is a bit of a rant, but since I saw the question, I thought I'd add some thoughts, and I was wondering if anyone else who grew up watching the commercials advising a "nutritious breakfast of cereal, juice and toast" (read: sugar, sugar and sugar) has felt they were slowly driven crazy by so-called experts, doctors, and friends alike insisting you have to, have to, HAVE TO eat breakfast, or the world will explode.

For years, I was told that if I didn't eat breakfast, I would gain enormous amounts of weight, or I wouldn't function mentally because I "hadn't fueled for the day". It was a completely self-defeating proposition for me, and not ONE of those friends, or diet plans ever asked me whether I was actually HUNGRY in the morning.

For me, all eating early does is flick on the appetite switch. I can get up at 6am and easily consume all or most of my calories for the day before 7. It's like I get on a roll, and want to sample everything in the house. It should have been obvious to me that if I wasn't hungry in the morning, and that eating at that time of day for me would invariably cause a binge, I shouldn't do it. But I kept trying, because everyone said that's what you HAVE to do. It's totally insane to keep doing the same thing you know doesn't work for you, yet I kept doing it because the "experts" and many other people insisted this was the one & only way to eat.

From here on, I'm not forcing anything down that I don't want, whether it's food or water. The last time I had success with weight loss, I found I naturally got hungry around 10am, when I was at work, and I could have a bagel or something small, and I would be good until 2-3 pm. I lost 50 lbs. without even trying when I did that. It really does not make me suddenly binge to wait until 10am, whereas if I eat at 6-7am, I'd want to keep going and going, and eat everything in the house. And I would still be hungry at 10 anyway! I think when you force food or liquid when you don't want it, you lose touch with the natural signals your body sends to tell you if you're hungry or not -- which is how most of us got here in the first place. So I would say, really listen to your body and do what works for you, and not necessarily your skinny coworker or friend. Everyone is different, and your eating plan should be like your fingerprint. Much as the diet industry wants to make it that way, one size does not fit all when it comes to what works.
  • whitty147
    whitty147 Posts: 12
    Starbucks Orange/Mango smoothie made with non fat milk, no banana, extra scoop of protein powder.. yum ! :flowerforyou:
  • tripod271
    tripod271 Posts: 112 Member
    Where do you find ezekial bread? I have had a hard time finding it. My walmart said they dont carry it.

I've seen it at Kroger
    Most health food stores carry it - it's usually in the refrigerated section.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    I had a peach and passionfruit Liberte Mediterrainian yogurt. Whole milk so its brings to calories about same as if I had my oatmeal and milk. It's really good!! Even my husband liked it <and he hates yogurt>
  • ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    A slice of Arnold health-ful toast with cottage cheese and sf jam...and a cup of strawberries and blackberries...yum!
  • Superskinnie36
    Superskinnie36 Posts: 39 Member
    I started with a orange about 5am then on the break I had a onion and green pepper egg omelette and a hash brown.Glad I did, looks like E.R is going to be busy.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Mixed seeds - pumpkin, sunflower and sesame.
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    orange bell peppers and some grapes :( lol
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    1/4 c red grapes
    1/3 c All Bran Buds
    1/3 c Soy milk
    1/2 c Blackberries
    1 tsp agave syrup
    4 Morningstar veggie bacon strips
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Okay Sunday is my treat day, so for breakfast I had:-

Fried egg
    3 rashers of bacon
    2pork sausages
    2 hash browns
    portion of beans
    portion of chopped tomatoes
    3 fried mushrooms
    2 slices of white buttered toast
    washed down with 2 cups of coffee

:drinker:
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Two cups of coffee. Two hours later, I had 6 oz. Greek yogurt, mixed with a scoop of vanilla creme protein powder and a small banana. Yum!