What are you reading currently?

Replies

• I just finished The Fire Eternal (book 4 in Chris D'Lacey's Dragon series) last night and am now in the process of figuring out which book to read next. Water for Elephants, The Book Thief, or The Witch's Boy. I'll read them all eventually, but don't like reading more than one book at a time.

I really hope you get a chance to read the Book Thief, it's amazing. It's kind of intense though, and sad-- one of only three books so far that ever made me cry.
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    I'm re-reading the Anita Blake Series, by Laurell K Hamilton.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    About to start The Night Circus - By Erin Morgenstern =)

I finished this recently via audiobook. It was just OK. It is the first novel for this author.
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    About to start The Night Circus - By Erin Morgenstern =)

I finished this recently via audiobook. It was just OK. It is the first novel for this author.
    Just bought it, not my normal read so hoping for big things!
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Reading Think Fast, Thinking Slow by Daniel Kanneffman (name sp)

Great book on decision making.
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    I'm about half way through this http://www.amazon.com/The-End-Overeating-Insatiable-American/dp/1605294578/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343081988&sr=8-1&keywords=end+of+overeating and it's really good. It's not a diet book, it's more about the psychology and chemistry of overeating and cravings, and how food producers do their best to exploit that to sell more.
    Quite eye opening.
  • rcb1963
    rcb1963 Posts: 69 Member
    Finished the first 3 books of "The Walk" series by Richard Paul Evans. Very good quick reads. Now reading 168 Hours
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    I'm reading the Wet Nurse's Tale by Erica Eisdorfer. A great story told from the point of view of a young, plump, promiscuous Victorian Era wet nurse.
  • ruhruh1979
    ruhruh1979 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm reading the novella Unstrung by Neal Shusterman which won't take long. Gearing up for Unwholly which comes out next month. I'm also working my way through Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution. I have several books on my ipad just waiting for me to get started on.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    I'm reading The Woman In White by Wilkie Collins, and The Death Cure (the third book in the Maze Runner series). I'm feeling quite proud of myself that I'm able to read two books at once like I used to. When the kids were younger I didn't have the brain power to keep things straight, so I was limited to one at a time. Usually a magazine. :laugh:
  • mosness
    mosness Posts: 11 Member
    I'm reading Paradise Valley by Robyn Carr. I don't usually feel the need to ready every book in a series but something about the Virgin River books just makes me happy!
  • jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain

Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain

A Cook's Tour by Anthony Bourdain

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson

In case you couldn't tell, I love Anthony Bourdain :)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Currently I am reading Merlin's Harp by Anne Eliot Crompton. It a retelling of the classic King Arthur legends from the viewpoint of the Fae. It is a YA novel...but I am an Arthurian legend fanatic so I read anything I can get my hands on if it relates to Arthur. I would reccomend it to anyone who is a fan of the legends or enjoys fantasy in general.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain

Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain

A Cook's Tour by Anthony Bourdain

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson

In case you couldn't tell, I love Anthony Bourdain :)

I love Anthony Bourdain too. His sarcasm and wit appeal to me.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Halfway through "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother". Good and humourous without really meaning to be (I think?).
  • amyjax
    amyjax Posts: 102
    I'm about to start 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. I love him, so I can't wait to get into it.
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    I'm about to start 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. I love him, so I can't wait to get into it.

That's what I'm reading right now, too!
    Ps: i love catpower!
  • wendye1960
    wendye1960 Posts: 46 Member
    Hi everyone (if we had a waving smiley I'd add it)

I've just discovered the groups and this one.

I'm currently still plodding through my book group read - The Collector by John Fowles. It seems very well written but a little strange. It's about a butterfly collector who kidnaps a girl he's become obsessed with. I'm only on page 50 so far so haven't got much further then him kidnapping her just yet. I'm not sure what I think about it at the moment. The problem I'm having is that it's not exactly fast paced and now the olympics have started I am only picking it up at lunch time at work, which is only half an hour. I really must get on with it as I have to finish it for our meeting next Tuesday.

Has anyone read this? What did you think of it?
  • wendye1960
    I just finished The Fire Eternal (book 4 in Chris D'Lacey's Dragon series) last night and am now in the process of figuring out which book to read next. Water for Elephants, The Book Thief, or The Witch's Boy. I'll read them all eventually, but don't like reading more than one book at a time.

I really hope you get a chance to read the Book Thief, it's amazing. It's kind of intense though, and sad-- one of only three books so far that ever made me cry.

I agree with you The Book Thief is lovely I gave this out for World Book Night locally.
  • wendye1960
    I'm reading The Woman In White by Wilkie Collins,

I'm reading this on audiobook too and really enjoying it what do you think of it?