Red Team week 35...

Well, I think it is week 35. That's a looooong time.

I think we all missed last week, so no worries, it was a crazy week for everyone, I'm sure.

I'm at 177. I found out some very difficult news about my mother and I'm having a rough time dealing with it... and it's taking a huuuuge toll on my eating habits. I'm not back to shoving my mouth full of food some days, and other days not eating at all. Like yesterday, I consumed 200 calories. But the day before, I ate over 3000. Yes, I know this is terrible. Yes, I know I need to stop this pattern immediately. I'm working on it.

Replies

• jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    I was at 206.4 on Sunday when I weighed in, YAY! Hopefully it stays off, my fingers are crossed!
    I'm starting kickboxing and the G.I. Diet on Monday, I'm hoping to make some real progress once I start that.
    I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well Mel, try to stick to it, you will feel better in the long run, and hey, at least that is something that you have control of right now where as I'm sure you have no control over the issue with your mother. It may help you mentally to still have control of something, either way I wish you luck. You've done so well, you can do it!
    Good luck this week everyone! Happy New Year!
    Jenn :bigsmile:
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    I'm 193 that's a total gain of 7 lbs since Thanksgiving :sad: Ok I have vowed to make 2010 my year to get 'er done! Mel- sorry to hear about your situation but it sounds like you already know what you need to do so I pray you can stay on track while dealing with "it". Jenn- congrats on your loss & let me know how the G.I. Diet works for you.

Key
  • jb_sweet_99
    Thanks Key! I'll let you know for sure..
    Don't be too hard on yourself, you can do it, you just have to get back on track that's all. :bigsmile:
  • Hi everyone!!
    I hope that you all had an awesome holiday season (being totally P.C. here :flowerforyou: ) It is nice to get back on a somewhat normal (with the exception to New Years) schedule. I took last week off, but I jumped right back into it again and it feels GREAT :bigsmile: !! I am lifting weights, doing some Turbo Jam and running. I am super pumped about 2010....I KNOW that I will reach my goal this year! I am glad that this group is still going after 35 :drinker: weeks!! I hope that we can all keep together for this up coming year. I have yet to weigh in this month and probably won't until sometime in January.

Mel- Don't worry girl, you will get it back on track. I am sorry to hear about your Mother, I hope that everything works out.

Jenn- What is the G.I. Diet? Kickboxing sounds awesome. I am looking for new workouts to incorporate into my routine. My husband and I are probably going to buy mountain bikes so that we can ride on the weekends. (We live in Arizona, so we can ride year-round!!) You will have to tell us how you liked kickboxing! Congrats on the loss!

Key - Don't worry about the 7lbs. I am sure a lot of it is water weight! You will shed that weight quick! 2010 is going to be a great year for the entire RED TEAM!!!

Oh, yeah I just wanted to share a little tidbit of information that I recently found out with all of you. I used to :love: going to Starbucks and getting a Caramel Frap or a Iced White Mocha...until I saw the calories :sad: Then I was looking on their website at the different drinks and I realized that they have "Light" Fraps :happy: I got a grande Light Caramel Frap and it was only 160 calories!! It made my day, so now I can have a nice treat every now and then.

I hope that you all have a fabulous week and if I don't hear from you a fabulous (and safe) New Year!!

-Mack
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    I've made about 8 batches of fudge the week before Christmas, and I had to try a peice of every batch before I sent it off so nobody got a bad batch. Plus Christmas dinner, candy, desserts, soda, fast food (who wants to cook when your making fudge all day for 4 days?), stress, and lack of exercise I have been dreading the scale. I haven't hopped on in a week or so. lol

I'm psyched up and ready to recommit for 2010. New year, new body! We can do it! Hope you all had a wonderful christmas.

Mel - Sorry to hear about your mom... I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Mack - We've probably went through this before, but I don't remember so I'm gonna ask anyways. Where in AZ are you? I'm over in Avondale. If your not too far maybe we can meet up sometime and workout together. =)
  • jb_sweet_99
    Mack the G.I. diet involves eating only foods that are low on the glycemic index...for example..eating brown rice instead of white (which I already do)...eating the fruit instead of drinking it's juice...no real sugar (that's going to be hard for me with my coffee!)... low fat dairy etc...It's a more natural way of eating, nothing prepared and everything you eat takes a long time to digest so your sugar levels stay even, lessening the increase of insulin to be converted to fat cells! With PCOS we don't digest carbs or calories or sugars, or heck anything really, properly. This diet combined with my meds should really help! And yes, I am sooo looking forward to Kickboxing, finally something that burns mega calories that I can do! I just have to pay close attention to my form so that I don't accidentilly hurt myself....I'm going to go 4 days a week to start, starting Monday...I'm excited to see the results!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Thank you. :heart: I needed the kind thoughts.
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    Mack thanks for the encouragement....so far I'm doing "ok" this year. I sent all of you a friend request bc now that MFP is like Facebook on my home page it'll be easier for me to keep up with y'all so I don't have to keep coming back to the message board :happy:

Hope everyone has a great weekend...hard to believe it's almost weigh-in again!!