breakfasts- sorry its prob been done before

Hi everyone,

I need to know whats the best thing to eat for breakfasts, I take wee notions but normally have cereal or toast. Trying to cut down on the toast. Had porridge today but it has so many cals in it.

Thanks

Replies

• suej20
    suej20 Posts: 21 Member
    I have porridge every 3rd day and make it with 40g of oats, 100mls skimmed milk, 150mls water, teaspoon cinnamon powder and 1 tsp of sugar substitute and it's 142 cals, which I'm ok with.
  • Ok then I think my calculations were way out cause I had the same as you today minus the ciammon and on my porridge it says 50g is 150cals :noway:
  • Ok then I think my calculations were way out cause I had the same as you today minus the ciammon and on my porridge it says 50g is 150cals :noway:

I didn't explain that v well it said 50g cooked is 150cals and I had 150g cooked
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Ok then I think my calculations were way out cause I had the same as you today minus the ciammon and on my porridge it says 50g is 150cals :noway:

I didn't explain that v well it said 50g cooked is 150cals and I had 150g cooked

If it's just plain porridge oats, it will be 150 cals for 50g uncooked oats (mine's 142 cals for 40 g uncooked oats). It's easier to weigh it before you cook.

If it's just plain porridge oats, it will be 150 cals for 50g uncooked oats (mine's 142 cals for 40 g uncooked oats). It's easier to weigh it before you cook.

Mine def says 50g cooked with water is 190 cals- so does that mean no matter what it sweals up to if I put in 50g it will only be 190 cals and then add my milk and stuff on the tracker?? Sorry I sound so dumb lol
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Ok then I think my calculations were way out cause I had the same as you today minus the ciammon and on my porridge it says 50g is 150cals :noway:

Mine def says 50g cooked with water is 190 cals- so does that mean no matter what it sweals up to if I put in 50g it will only be 190 cals and then add my milk and stuff on the tracker?? Sorry I sound so dumb lol
    You don't sound dumb - it's slightly ambiguous wording. I think it must mean that though, that if you weigh 50g, add water and cook, it will have 190 cals. (So, if you cook with milk, 190 cals + milk cals) Is it just plain oats? The ones I use have 178 cals for 50 g, so it sounds like that would be about right.
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    I like boiled eggs.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    I am a huge fan of nonfat plain greek yogurt with fruit, some honey and either a little granola, or a slice low fat multigrain french toast on weekdays.

On weekends I like to make big egg white scrambles with lots of vegetables served over salad greens. (Yes, salad at breafkast!) and a side of bagel or whole wheat toast.
  • xxrainxx
    xxrainxx Posts: 44 Member
    i have either:

Egg whites with 2 turkey rashers
    Porridge with low fat milk and honey
    Ceral bar/ceral

:smile:
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Lately I have 1/2 cup of oats made with water, a teaspoon (usually less) of Splenda brown sugar and a few raspberries. I'm really lazy/tired in the mornings so this is quick and simple.

ETA - this is 176 calories.
  • macnamara
    macnamara Posts: 2 Member
    My new favorite is 2 soft boiled eggs on 1 piece of dry wheat toast. It really fills me up.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Usually 2 eggs with either turkey bacon, wheat toast or a whole wheat bagel thin or yogurt

Sometimes I have oatmeal
  • I just have weetabix lol Dunno if thats good or not lol
  • I have a package of Quaker maple and brown sugar oatmeal which is about 160 calories. Sometimes I cut up a few strawberries and add it to the oatmeal. I also like scrambled eggs and fruit. I like having fruit bowls too.