To the losers who yelled "fat a**" when running

Options

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    5. Okay so maybe you are running that many miles or more now let's see you do it with 120+ pounds of extra weight. I doubt you would even think about getting out there.
    I didn't have much time to read through these, so saving this for later.

I also want to point out that it probably wasn't a runner. It's pretty unlikely that even those of us who have never been "fat" before would make fun of another runner, no matter what their size happens to be right now. We know what dedication it takes to get out the door for even the shortest of runs.

Keep up the great work!
  • petergarcia82
    petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a douche bag.
    Love the response and that you are not letting it down.
    This is the reason I am to afraid to run outside. I'm afraid of people saying things. And I know I need to get over it because I am doing it for me. But I can't help it. I did run a 5k a cpl months ago and it was great. But either way. Good for you for keeping your chin up :)
    You have done an amazing job so far! You're an inspiration.

Your doing such a great job! Go out and do it. Just blast your music. I may of had more people yell at me this was one of the few times my Music was having issues so I just happened to hear it.
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You have a lot to be proud of! You're down 84 lb...you're able to run 3-4 miles several times per week. There are many "skinny" people who can't run from the couch to the refrigerator without taking a break. When I see anyone running and working out, I think "good on them!"...regardless of size. You seem to have a good response/perspective on the experience. I am sorry that happened to you!
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    Run on friend!! Karma is a ***** and he will get his soon!
  • petergarcia82
    Options
    This post is yet another reason that you rock. Not to mention the fact that you get your precious child out there with you and set a stellar example. You're awesome Peter.
    Thanks theartichoke. He does enjoy our weekly 1 mile run plus he helps me push myself because he is so fast! Oh if only I had the Energy of a 5yr old!
  • Ldavies85
    Ldavies85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that you don't let this get to you. I used to have a hard time running in public (worried about what people would think)
    but now that I have a leg injury I wish I could be out there.

I think the people who make these comments are the people that probably can't run more than a min. and are probably jealous.
    Just because someone is at a healthy weight doesn't mean they are in shape.

I think there are more people out there cheering you on then yelling negative comments, because exercising isn't easy, or else everyone would be out there doing it!
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    The only time they ever run is when the law is chasing them. :laugh: Keep up the good work.
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Is it guys that yell this crap out? I have ran before (at 300lbs!) Never had anyone yell stuff out over here (NZ). By the way, you are pretty good looking...they are just jealous they can't do the same!
  • januarythoughts
    januarythoughts Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What a jacka$$!!!!

People are so ignorant and have no shame in what they say anymore.
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I had two loser yell "your fat" when they passed me... I yelled back "your UGLY, I can lose weight"
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    just wait till they pass you again and your way lighter!
  • petergarcia82
    Options
    Not my blog, but my thoughts ...
    http://flintland.blogspot.com/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html

Reminded me of a guy I saw at the Y the other day ... kept waiting for him to catch my eye so I could give him a smile and a nod ... one that never came.

Love This!

This blog was awesome.
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    There has to be a way you can run while carrying a carton of eggs so you can pelt them instantly!! :D
  • petergarcia82
    Options
    There has to be a way you can run while carrying a carton of eggs so you can pelt them instantly!! :D

LOL, Great IDEA!
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    Great post, I am sorry you had that experience. Someone else's lack of character should not affect you. Just remember that Karma is waiting right around the corner for that guy and at some point, he'll be getting his. (In my mind's eye, I see him driving down the street 6 months from now and the hot chick in the car next to him is busy checking YOU out and wondering why she is wasting her time with him.) Hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is funny, I have never EVER thought a negative thing about someone exercising. The bigger a person is, the more I am silently cheering them on and thinking they have balls the size of watermelons.

I like that you are not going to let this guy get you down. Keep on running!!
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are able to overcome this is proof that it is only a matter of time before you meet your goals! Keep your motivation and keep pushing! Best of luck to you!
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Just think you won't always be a fat a--, but he'll always be an a--hole.

Congrats on your great work!
    ^ ^ ^ THIS!
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    People are horrible. I was out, dressed to the nines when a guy threw a drink of coke at me and yelled "watch out for the whale on the sidewalk". I was so upset. In reality, it gave me the push I needed.

I dont understand what makes people who carry more weight open targets. I weigh 90kgs, am 5"5 and have feelings.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I'm always inspired when I hear about people having to deal with this cr*p and not letting it stop them. Good job.

edited for spelling. :)
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    *(*(*hugs*)*)*

I've been rudely yelled at out of windows so many times in my life. It's NOT cute, it's NOT funny, it's not classy, it's not even remotely entertaining. **** ALL of those people. <3