best tips for menu planning for the whole family

Options
I have a large family (8 kids plus us old people). We vary in age from 40 (Hubby will be in a few months) to 10 months old. Any thoughts/tips on how to best plan my meals for all of us? I would like to not have to make seperate meals as much as possible. Luckily, my kids are mostly willing to eat just about anything. We have a built in leftover day where everyone can choose what they want from what has been cooked during the week. I have a love affair with my crockpot and making meals ahead of time (freezing) would be fine. Looking for ideas for Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Thanks

Replies

• mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    no one???
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Patience helps - you posted at almost 9pm.. not everyone is online where its a normal worknight...

There should be no reason for you to have to make separate meals unless someone has allergies, someone is sick with the flu, etc...

Can you at least be more specific on what you are looking for? Your OP is a bit vague and doesnt break down further what you hope for.

If you are looking for variety - www.recipesource.com - have the kids come up with a country of choice... go to the country and have another kid pick chicken, turkey, beef, pork - whatever the protein.... Then search by the protein and come up with a recipe to try...
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    sorry about seeming impatient. I have asked questions before and no one answered so I wanted to make sure this stayed close to the first couple of pages and didn't get lost.
    We are trying to eat clean (no processed foods), we eat Kosher, we hunt (so game meat ideas would be fine). I am trying to make sure the menus I set up will be balanced. I know children need more nutrients for their growing bodies than adults. What nutrient ranges should I be shooting for (how much protein/carbs/ect in each meal or day)?
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    one specific question I have is when I serve smoothies for breakfast should I pair it with something else? I have no problem just having a smoothie and calling it good but I don't think that is enough to keep the kids happy (especially my teenage sons).