The Splenda shut off

2»

Replies

• abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Oh, and honey too! YUM!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Hey Cowboy that's good to know!! thanks and now I don't feel so bad about using it:wink:

But for me right now I'm already noticing a difference in the way my stomach feels which is good!!! I mean its funny how we ignore little pings and pangs....but notice how nice it is when they are gone! :flowerforyou:

hugs!
    Ali
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Actually, I have a good friend who is head of the Chemistry Dept. at the University of Oregon and he ran a bunch of tests on it out of concern for me. His big one was that the process uses chlorine and that he wanted to make sure that none of that got into the bloodstream, which it did not. Of course it hasn't been around for twenty years, but so far at least, I haven't found anything responsible that leads me to believe otherwise. Hope that helps.
    Cowboy

Cowboy for class president!!!
  • ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Crystal Light uses Aspartame... O' geezzz! I am an artificial-sweetner-aholic! I need to study up on this one and probably make some adjustments.

4C makes a crystal light sort of drink that uses splenda instead :)
    Bonus: the 4C version has 0 Calories!
  • anne_monty
    anne_monty Posts: 5 Member
    A couple of years ago I went to a spa that had a large pitcher of water with limes, lemons and cucumber in it. It was delicious - plus it just looked so pretty! Maybe try a few different fruits in your water to help get off of the Crystal Light.

OR

Scare yourself off of it. Go read a bunch of research on aspertame. That did it for me. :frown:

All the best!
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    I get headaches and jittery , then crash, when I use real sugar, and haven't had any of those effects with Splenda or Sweet-N-Low.