One year on MFP, 95 pounds gone with pics

ovege
ovege Posts: 110 Member
24dosyd.jpg

Weight loss journey

On August 1, 2011, I began the first steps towards a transformative year. As of August 1, 2012, I weigh 95 pounds less than when I began last year.

I am 39 years old, 5’7” with an all time highest weight of 295 lbs. My weight has steadily increased over the last 15 years. I have never been athletic but did enjoy exercise and fitness classes. I fell down a flight of stairs 15 years ago and have struggled with back issues since. I have tried many diets but never had a great deal of success. I experienced infertility, complicated pregnancies, c-sections and post partum depression. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative coliitis 5 years ago and fortunately have been flare free with medication.

I am fortunate to have 2 wonderful children and a career I enjoy. I am also fortunate to be able to play clarinet as an amateur in church and in community groups. I was frustrated trying to play and march in my marching band as I was not able to keep up and get enough breath support in the shape I was in. The band videographer is a long time friend and someone I consider my “band Dad” and he pulled me aside last year and told me how worried he was about me. I was mortified but it was enough push for me to show them what I could do.

My first steps began by tracking my food every day on MFP. On the same day, I began a couch to 5K program using an app on my phone. I ran 3 times per week and improved my stamina and fitness. By september, I added my first group fitness class in over 8 years and started going to zumba once a week. I continued the C25K for the 9 weeks and ran a 2.5 mile race in November and finished proudly. As the weather turned colder, I continued to exercise 3-4 days/ week using a home elliptical and the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shread. In December, I satisfied another goal and returned to spinning. In February, I added Step Aerobics to the mix. By May, I started cycling and now cycle 60-80 miles per week outdoors.

I cook almost all my own food. I made homemade soups for quick lunches and pack sandwiches with me. I plan all my meals ahead and make sure I have snacks with me at all times. I eat 5 small meals per day and eat approximately 1700-1900 gross calories always staying above 1200 net calories.

My goal is to ride a century, add weight training, learn how to fuel better on long riding days, and eventually shed 30 more pounds.

I am so grateful to MFP!

Replies

• gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    You look lovely! Great dedication and hard work~!!
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Fantastic job!!!!!!
  • mitchipooo
    mitchipooo Posts: 85 Member
    Congratulations, you're looking terrific! Thank you for sharing your inspiring story with us and keep up the great work.
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Huge difference! WTG! Thanks for sharing your pics as well as your story.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    You look great...it's stories & pics like yours that keep me motivated on my journey. Thanks for sharing.
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    YOU look amazing. What a wonderful story and thanks so much for sharing. You are an inspiration and I'm going to send you a friend request. I love postive buddies! I have lost 34 and have 50-60 to go!
  • arellolson
    arellolson Posts: 129 Member
    What an inspiration!! You are doing great and I am so happy that you decided to post your success. Thank you so much!
  • What a difference ..! You should be smiling!! I just joined on Monday and you are an inspiration.
  • znkmommy
    znkmommy Posts: 49 Member
    Wow you are amazing!!!
  • I am sop PROUD of you Liz!!!! today Aug 2 is my one year! I found MFP later. Congrats! you should be smiling in the post picture you are beautiful inside and out
  • alesi_79
    alesi_79 Posts: 23
    What a wonderful job! Keep it up! Thanks for being such a great motivation for all of us!
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    that is great! But you should smile, the weight loss is a huge accomplishment!
  • jeenim
    jeenim Posts: 37 Member
    I loved reading your story. You are an inspiration - well done!!!
  • Sylvie212
    Sylvie212 Posts: 6 Member
    You are amazing!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Congratulations!
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    You are so impressive! It's a wonderful thing you are doing for yourself! Keep going!
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Great story! Your success and dedication is nothing short of amazing. Well done!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Great work! Glad you decided to take care of you! You are looking fantastic!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Congrats on all your hard work and dedication!! Keep it going!!!
  • You look AMAZING!!! Congrats and thanks for the inspiration!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!