Apparently, i'm a Fruit snob..

I just got called a fruit snob LOL b/c I prefer not to eat canned fruit. Nothing wrong with liking fresh stuff :) I thought it was funny, so thought i'd share! :happy:

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    I love fresh fruit too :smile: I used to eat both canned and fresh, but I've slowly switched over!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Canned fruit is for 2nd graders with lazy parents. :)
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member

haha! <3
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    I only eat canned in 100% juice and only if I can't afford fresh
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Canned fruit is usually gross, and many times has sneaky added sugar if you don't get the right kind. No, thanks!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    I tried using canned strawberries for pancakes toppings once. Oh my god, they were some of the nastiest things I've ever tasted. Ungodly sugary but incredibly bitter from the metal can. Gross.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member

haha exactly!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Fresh fruit is a million times better than canned. Canned is always glazed in slimy, sugary crap.
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    I guess I am a snob too - tha'ts okay :)
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203

HAH!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    The only canned fruit I have ever eaten was pineapple and it's pretty much just fresh cut up and put in a can (easier than cutting it up myself).

I've never understood why anyone would buy the fruit pie filling stuff. Is it that difficult to do it from scratch???
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    I won't use canned fruit either. Besides my issues with the texture, most of the can linings contain BPA. And then there's the texture. LOL
  • I live in the midwest, and satsumas are apparently not a thing here. It's mandarin oranges in juice for me.

I try to buy everything else fresh whenever it's available cheaply. I used to be able to sit down and eat a bag of any kind of candy in a day or so-- pretty much all of that has been replaced with fruit now. Hooray for sugar.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    I prefer fresh fruit as well, but there are many circumstances where canned fruit has to suffice. Better canned fruit than no fruit!
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Wow, just realized that I cannot even remember the last time I had fruit from a can (I kind of forgot you could get it that way). I didn't know that was snobbery, haha.
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member

HAH!

Awesome, im reading this while eating a cantaloup, cherries, and pineapple all fresh.
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Canned fruit = gag. And to think, I used to wolf down Fruit Cocktail as a kid. Frozen fruit (no added sugar) is great, especially berries which are frozen at peak ripeness.
  • Where can you find fruit that grows in cans?? So why eat it that way unless you have to...
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Canned fruit is nasty.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    I have found that canned fruit is only good for putting in sugar free jello. Otherwise I love going to the farmers market and getting really fresh fruit. It tastes so much better.