Feedback on my diary??? please please please

Any feedback would be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quick added cals are generally tiny pieces of chocolate

Replies

• littlejobo120
    littlejobo120 Posts: 72 Member
    Hiya. OK, straight off I can say that you’re not eating anywhere near enough.

I don’t know what your height is but nobody should be eating less than 1200 calories in a day, and with exercise you should be eating more.

I used to be one of those who ate 1200 or below (because MFP told me to) and wondered for a while why I wasn’t getting anywhere – basically, it all has to do with BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure).

If you were in a coma, for example, the number of calories the doctors would need to give you to keep your vital organs alive is your BMR. When you move about though, ie, getting out of bed, walking around the house, going to the gym – any movement at all – you use more energy (burn more calories). The extra calories burned PLUS your BMR is your TDEE.

If your net caloric intake is less than your BMR then your body will begin to think that it needs to store any calories coming into your body as fat, for a rainy day, and you will therefore either maintain your current weight or put it on in some cases.

Your ideal net caloric intake should be at least your BMR every day and if you want to lose weight, should be between your BMR and TDEE. To maintain, eat your TDEE every day and to gain, eat over your TDEE.

To find out your BMR and TDEE, go to this page: http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx
    It will give you some idea of what you need to be aiming for.

I am not a doctor or nutritionist – just someone who’s done a lot of reading up on this. If you would like to add me on here, please feel free.

Good luck xx

EDIT: It is weird at first eating more calories but if you at least eat your net BMR a day you will see a difference.
  • its_rierie
    its_rierie Posts: 44 Member
    And it's probably a better idea to add "chocolate" rather than "quick added calories".

And I second what the poster above said, you're not eating enough. If you're not hungry, then try adding some more calorie-dense foods. Maybe some PB with your morning banana or something?
  • Hi hun,

My advice would be to eat 'better foods' and watch your protein levels more. I understand you love chocolate, but it should be something special, not a daily treat and especially not a replacement for a meal (calorie-wise). It's better to reach your calories with healthy foods that provide lots of protein, vitamins, fibers, etc than with only carbs and sugars.

The problem is that if you keep eating this amount of chocolate (sometimes 1000cals per day) you will never change your bad habits that are making you want to lose weight in the first place. Maybe try and limit the amount of chocolate to about 200cals a day?

I also agree with above; it's better to fill in the actual brand/amount of chocolate. You can add your own food if it isnt in the database yet. That gives you a more honest diary instead of guesstimates.

Good luck honey!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    A "quick added calories" of 1,000 isn't very informative - I always find it hard to analyse people's diaries when there isn't the data there.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Like jojo said, you aren't eating enough. You will surprised at how much you might be able to eat and still lose weight. I am currently in the process of bulking, so I need to get enough calories to feed my muscles and put on weight. I was eating like 2300 calories which is above my TDEE and lost a pound and still had to increase it. My metabolism must be a beast lol.

With chocolate, put in the brand name and you will know exactly how many carbs, sugar, fat, etc. is in it. Also, stick to chocolate with a higher cocoa percentage. I've been having chocolate for the past few days now, but I have these 28g bars from Aldi called Moser Roth. It contains 85% cocoa (would like to find more) and it's 146 calories a bar. It does contain saturated fat, but I read that dark chocolate contains 2/3 saturated fat, one of which doesn't affect your cholesterol, the other does, but dark chocolate lowers cholesterol, so with the fats, it's still good for you.

I usually spread peanut butter on it to add more fat. Tastes amazing :D

I just can't understand how someone can live off small meals. You really could add a few things to those meals. Like rierie, suggested, add peanut butter to the banana. You could also add a protein source to your morning tea and switch to wholegrain bread and toast it. Put more ham on the wraps or put chicken on it, try to make the meat like 100 calories at least. Add greek yogurt to the afternoon tea. If you are in a rush for dinner, subway is a reasonable meal compared to other fast foods, but add chicken breast to the meal. There's no way I could live off of that amount, so you really shouldn't live off of it either.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    too many days under 1200. add some more lean protein. Good water intake
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Any feedback would be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quick added cals are generally tiny pieces of chocolate

Are you one of the girls in profile pic and is it a current pic? Both girls look to be at a perfect weight.
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member

Are you one of the girls in profile pic and is it a current pic? Both girls look to be at a perfect weight.

Precisely what I thought.
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Hiya. OK, straight off I can say that you’re not eating anywhere near enough.

I don’t know what your height is but nobody should be eating less than 1200 calories in a day, and with exercise you should be eating more.

I used to be one of those who ate 1200 or below (because MFP told me to) and wondered for a while why I wasn’t getting anywhere – basically, it all has to do with BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure).

If you were in a coma, for example, the number of calories the doctors would need to give you to keep your vital organs alive is your BMR. When you move about though, ie, getting out of bed, walking around the house, going to the gym – any movement at all – you use more energy (burn more calories). The extra calories burned PLUS your BMR is your TDEE.

If your net caloric intake is less than your BMR then your body will begin to think that it needs to store any calories coming into your body as fat, for a rainy day, and you will therefore either maintain your current weight or put it on in some cases.

Your ideal net caloric intake should be at least your BMR every day and if you want to lose weight, should be between your BMR and TDEE. To maintain, eat your TDEE every day and to gain, eat over your TDEE.

To find out your BMR and TDEE, go to this page: http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx
    It will give you some idea of what you need to be aiming for.

I am not a doctor or nutritionist – just someone who’s done a lot of reading up on this. If you would like to add me on here, please feel free.

Good luck xx

EDIT: It is weird at first eating more calories but if you at least eat your net BMR a day you will see a difference.

Thanks for posting this....very helpful