2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    So sorry I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday Heather!!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!! I am glad all things worked out for you!!!

No schedueled workout yet for me this week... but am off right now to get one in.... I have been running from one place to another and I am grouchy! I need a workout for me... I need to relieve some stress!!!
    Hope to report back soon that I got it in!!!
  • makeitallsue
    yippee... made it back to report... I got a real workout in. CHaleneX burn 1..starting all over again,,,plus a walk 1/7 :drinker:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Way to WORK it ladies!!!
    Heather, that was nice of hubby and I am glad it turned out nice. I usually get forgotten by my men!:cry:
    Good job Deb!!! Fitness definitely is the key to stress relief!!!
    Hi Ivy, glad you are still trying to get after it!!
    thinktank, are you back and getting settled?

My 5/7 was an early morning 2 mile run with a .5 walk. Just could not get into it at 5:30 a.m. and then i was on my feet a great share of the day working the yearly side walk sale for the local sporting goods store! 94* and cement are harder on your body than a good workout!:laugh:
    I MIGHT take a rest day today cuz I head back to the side walk sale!!!
  • makeitallsue
    2/7 with some push mowing and a swim.. an "off" day from the weights.. but wanted to torch a few calories!

Verda... 2 mile run is awesome! What a worker you are!! What would your little town do without you!
    I have been working on a baby blanket today... lost a few hours in my sewing room!
  • makeitallsue
    I would like to remember birthdays... lets post so we can at least give a shout out...

Mine is June 7

Think tank...was yours June 6??

Heather is August 1...right???

Verda ???

Ivy???

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    2/7 20 min walking

My bday is 4/24
  • vhuber
    Good job ladies! I took a rest day due to my last rest was 2 weeks ago and I was on my feet ALL day at the side walk sale that ended up inside due to RAIN. It was STEADY to quite busy ALL day. I ate a small bag of cheetos for lunch due to how crazy it was but we stopped at the local watering hole and had chicken strips, fries & a couple of beers after work. I may get to sleep in past 6 a.m. tomorrow!!! My b-day is 3/31 and I will be 54 :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: , gosh I am the granny of our group!!!
    Nite girls!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Happy Saturday everyone! I'm 4/7 today with a workout this morning with a running group that I joined. Today was just the first workout, and we basically walked alot and then ran 1 mile to get our time so that we can be divided into training groups. With all the walking and the 1 mile run I burned 325 calories, so not terrible.

Time to get kiddos down for a nap so better run. Hope you're all having a great day!
  • makeitallsue
    well... I finished 3/7 for the week. I got another day of weight training in today as well as a swim. Really hot and muggy here... so a swim is just the place to be! My grandkids are coming over for the noght... I haven't seen them for a while...so I am looking forward to it!

Ivy and Verda... I can't believe your birthdays have passed.... I honestly can't remember if I wish you happy thoughts... gosh I hope I did! I promise not to forget next year!!

And Verda... you and I are pretty close in age ( iam 46... 47 next year!)... and I hope to be a granny just like you! :drinker:
  • vhuber
    Thank you Deb!:blushing: Happy bonding with the GS's!!!

A running group Heather? That sounds interesting. I am so use to being a loner that I may find that hard! Hope you get what you're looking for and that cal burn wasn't bad!!

I closed the week with a 6/7. Just HAD to take the furries for a 3 my speed walk tonite. It was beautiful out!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Tada!!!!! For the first time in a good long time... I started my week off right!
    1/7 with chalenex intervals, ab work and a warm up on treadmill. Then a swim with the grandkids :bigsmile:
    They are napping now and as soon as they get up.. going to take them shopping for some school clothes... My oldest GS starts kindergarten next week????? what??? Crazy!
    HOpe everyone is having a great Sunday :flowerforyou:
  • makeitallsue
    <<<<<<<<<
    :laugh: :laugh: , Verda... I forgot my son took a picture of me last month... in my
    "fitnesspal visor!" :drinker: :drinker:

haha... edit to say... this looks like one I took... not him! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • vhuber
    L.O.V.E it Debra!!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    1/7 today with a 2 mile run with wu/cd walking plus 20 minutes of yoga. I went and got fitted for some running shoes and inserts, and they weren't cheap but hopefully they'll correct my overpronation that the running dude thinks is contributing to my SI joint pain. We'll see!!!

Verda, the group I joined is more of a training group rather than a real running group. They divide us up based upon our pace, and the goal is to train for a 5k 10/13/12. I figured that it would be helpful to actually train with a running coach to make sure I'm doing things right. I'm so tired of being injured that I want to do everything I can to make prevent any more injuries!!! I also prefer running alone, so I'm hoping that if I wear headphones no one will try to talk to me while we run. :)

Debra, I don't think I'm in on the visor inside joke--I've seen it referred to a few times on our thread--but regardless I think it looks cute! I much prefer wearing a visor over a baseball cap, but if I'm going to be out in the sun I wear a huge sun hat most of the time since I'm so pasty.

And Verda--I agree with Debra--when I have grandkids I want to be in as good shape as you! It is so funny how the timing of kids is so variable between people. Debra, I'm only 10 years younger than you and just at the beginning of child rearing!

Better run. Hope you've all had a great weekend!!!!
  • ivykivy
    finished 3/7 w/2 miles sat 1 on the tready one with leslie and some crawlers.
  • vhuber
    Heather, I hope your shoes are going to help the SI. I had to laugh about you putting on headphones to tune out the talkers!:happy:
    The visor she is wearing says My Fitness Pal Lives In MONTANA & I sent it to her!!!:wink: I thank you for the compliment too!!

Ivy I am so glad to see you are still plugging away at it!!! Good girl!!!

Way to get after it Debra! My GS starts kindergarten on the 20th. He REALLY wanted to come to the school where I am but his mommy thinks that where my school is would be an inconvenience. Keenan said I even asked her nice but maybe if we ask her together! I thought oh how sweet but said we needed to understand where mommy is coming from with her work schedule (7 a.m till 8 p.m. on most shifts) and maybe next year. I was really wanting him to come there too!

My 1/7 was a 4 mile run, JMBR workout & a 4 mile walk!
  • ivykivy
    1/7 yesterday 20 min walking and arms
    2/7 today 20 mon walking and legs
  • vhuber
    We're on a roll Ivy!:drinker:

My 2/7 was a 20 mile bike ride, JMBR workout and a 2.5 mile walk with the dogs tonite!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Well done, ladies! I'm 2/7 today with an early morning run on the treadmill. Blake is FINALLY getting the hang of this sleeping stuff. He woke up and hubby fed him at 11pm, then he slept until 4:45!! I got him and fed him and he actually went back to sleep, so I took advantage of the time and hopped on the treadmill. Hopefully he'll keep with this schedule because it gives me the perfect amount of time to get a 30-40 minutes workout in before work.

Hope you guys are having a great week!! :)
  • ivykivy
    3/7 40 min treadmill leslie combo 2.5 miles