Body by Vi

peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
I am sure this has been posted a zillion times before and if so I do apologize! My computer needs a cleaning and I am not a patient girl! Trying to look through past posts to make sure I am not going to annoy the crap out of anyone with numerous questions that have already been answered, but my good ole computer is soooooo agonizingly slow!!!....Sooooo

Has anyone tried the 90 day program? Promoted the program? I need all thoughts anyone has!! Mulling over both trying the program and promoting! Is it successful? Is it healthy? Have you stopped and been successful in keeping weight off? Is it a hassle to get out of? Did you feel it was just another get rich quick, lose weight quickly, money grabbing scheme? Just trying to do my research before I get in over my head!!

Replies

• Yeah, that's a pyramid scheme.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    I dont sell them, but i drink them. I love them. :)
    I only recently started them.

I did stop for a couple months and i did not gain any of the weight back.
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    I know my comment is not what you are looking for because I am doing the shakes just to get my calories up and I dont like the taste of most protein shakes. The Body by Vi shakes are awesome. I have a friend who does the program who swears by it. Not sure to what extreme she does it by and I am not sure exactly what the program consists of but as long as you are eating healthy and getting in some exercise along with the program and then continue on a healthy eating routine after you quit the shakes you should be fine.
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Im in the process of doing the 90 day challenge. It's not a pyramid scheme because you're not taking money from others in promise of returns that you can't provide. Yes, you can choose to promote it, and it is Multi-Level Marketing, but you don't have to do it. But if you get 3 customers to sign up under you, you get your shakes for free :)
  • there is a rumor going in the usa of the product can cause multi organ damage...perhaps that is why 3 months is the limit of time the company wants you to use the product. I have not seen anyone keep the weight they lost with it off yet. Show me where the nutrtion is and that would make me believe it is healthy, and shouldn't wt loss be a healthy change you want to make in your life...just saying
  • brooshie
    brooshie Posts: 141 Member
    i drink it every morning. i don't use it to lose weight, i just use it for his benefits. very tasty!
  • nkozyra
    nkozyra Posts: 10
    Health/weight loss is not the goal of the company, so I'd be wary of their products. It is, as mentioned, a pyramid scheme. As with most pyramid schemes, the actual product is nearly irrelevant, it's about convincing people they can sign up more people and become rich.

In other words, there are literally a million ways to get the nutrition you need (but not more) in a cheap and healthy way without using / promoting a pyramid scheme company.
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Im in the process of doing the 90 day challenge. It's not a pyramid scheme because you're not taking money from others in promise of returns that you can't provide. Yes, you can choose to promote it, and it is Multi-Level Marketing, but you don't have to do it. But if you get 3 customers to sign up under you, you get your shakes for free :)
    This^^ I wish I had some of the protein mix with me now to look at the ingredients because if it causes organ damage, we may want to take a look at all protein mixes. As I said in my earlier post, as long as you dont starve yourself with the shake program, you should be fine. But with any diet, never go below healthy recommended calorie intake. You may lose weight quickly but that weight will only come back with a vengeance and more. You will get all kinds of comments on the shakes here but it is a protein shake. If the program does recommend that you go below calorie intake, I say that is not the way to go but if you can eat healthy with it, I see no problems with the program.