F-U alarm clock it is Monday

MissingMinnesota
MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
So how was everyone's weekened?

Mine started out great with friday night went to a social for the meet up group I am in. I met NCTravelinggirl who introduced me to an awesome french bakery that is open 24/7.

Saturday I played flag football which my team played at 11 but one of our 10 oclock teams was short a girl so I subbed in. Well I sprained my ankle in the first game first half and decided to keep playing. I was only going to sub into my teams game at 11 but then one of the other girls cleats unglued and she went head over tail and hit her head which made it so I had to play. My ankle felt good until about 15 mins left in the last game.
The rest of saturday and all of sunday I spent on the couch with my ankle on a pillow, either being iced or wrapped up. I am hoping it is just a minor sprain since I have softball and football this upcoming weekend and I really need to be training for my 1/2 marathon.

Replies

• dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    I hope your ankle is okay. I think I would have titled the post F-U 10 am flag football.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    It started out slow...
    Dropped my kiddos off came home went fishing, fish weren't biting, so I went home, cried cause I wanted to go do something, then went to bed.
    Saturday, I went to go try on my bridesmaids dress for my friends wedding, and of course as I predicted, it didn't fit well. I argued with that lady and cried all the way home.
    Then figured out that the races I was going to go to were cancelled because of rain. I avoided going home, stopping to talk to anyone and everyone that would talk to me, and finally decided to go home and went to bed.
    Sunday, I went to a coffee shop watched a little YouTube, then went to the races that were cancelled the day before, and had a blast, sat next to a co-worker and felt like I finally "belonged".

That 4 hours at the race made my whole weekend.

Ugh, I'm horrible.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Fri. night was mellow, just stopped at my parents house for awhile. Then Saturday picked up my almost 2 yr old niece and met a friend with her 7 kids at the beach. We had a great time and I only get to see her once a year as she lives in MD. My niece had a great time as well--we weren't even in the car 3 minutes and she was asleep. Usualy, if you move her from carseat she wakes up--had to move her 3 times, and she woke up then fall back asleep---fast asleep-so cute! Then, we had my dad's bday celebration, and while there my date for that night called and cancelled because his son was sick and had just started vomiting. I wasn't sure if it was just a blow off or not, but he reschedule for possible Sunday.....Sunday I did some cleaning, some shoppint and watched a movie with my cousin. Date called, and said son still sick, but could he come down my way on Monday? His son will be back with his mom tonight, so we have plans for dinner tonight, and see how that goes..............
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Worked, cleaned out my car, worked in the yard, and got a drink with one of my buddies. Pretty mellow weekend.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    quiet. worked, got most of my needed passes for SDCC 2013, walked and jogged a little. I wanted to lift but I got lazy and didn't go to the gym. Sleeping during the mid afternoon for work at night sucked! it has been way warm here. I think it hit mid 80's to lower 90's in my area.

However it being Monday my actual weekend off work starts in 1 hr. and I don't go back to work until Wed. night. I plan to hit the lake and go for a dip, weights at the YMCA tomorrow, maybe catch a movie.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Went to a wedding Friday night, had a great time. Tried to rest the remainder of the weekend as I have a cold and have a trip coming up on Wednesday I've been looking forward to for 2 years but my niece was around which meant I spent most of the rest of the weekend chasing after her.
  • MissingMinnesota
    It started out slow...
    Dropped my kiddos off came home went fishing, fish weren't biting, so I went home, cried cause I wanted to go do something, then went to bed.
    Saturday, I went to go try on my bridesmaids dress for my friends wedding, and of course as I predicted, it didn't fit well. I argued with that lady and cried all the way home.
    Then figured out that the races I was going to go to were cancelled because of rain. I avoided going home, stopping to talk to anyone and everyone that would talk to me, and finally decided to go home and went to bed.
    Sunday, I went to a coffee shop watched a little YouTube, then went to the races that were cancelled the day before, and had a blast, sat next to a co-worker and felt like I finally "belonged".

That 4 hours at the race made my whole weekend.

Ugh, I'm horrible.

Hugs I have been in your shoes before. Since you have co-workers who you feel you belong with have you thought about having some of them out for a cookout/BBQ at your place? Maybe this will open it up to be able to hang out with some of them outside of work which I know I find to be a hard transition. I think most people at work assume that the other people they work with are busy all the time they aren't at work so don't set up doing anything outside of work.
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Changed the oil in my car, cut the front and back yard grass, cleaned up the driveway (stupid @ss pine tags), got mosquito bites on my calf and ankle. Drank some Wild Blue blueberry beer. Watched UFC live on Fox. Played Need For Speed-The Run on the PC.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Its a holiday here and I'm on vacation this week yippi!
    But I went to visit my BFF, she has an 8 yo son and 5 and 2 yo daughters and is preggers and single parenting as her husband has to work away. So I hung out and was fun Auntie Kerry for the weekend..we were pretty laid back which was nice for once..and I got a big snuggle from her oldest who doesn't give out the hugs easily like he used to so that was great.
    Now I'm home and knitting up a storm..boring maybe but its raining out :( I'm hoping to get some kayaking in this week.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    If one has a job they dislike, and/or is completely unsatisfying and unrewarding, I can see why someone would have a F-U feeling towards the alarm clock on Monday morning after a peaceful weekend.

I think most Western countries have problems of having too many people in jobs that they are ill suited for and are totally unrewarding.
  • If one has a job they dislike, and/or is completely unsatisfying and unrewarding, I can see why someone would have a F-U feeling towards the alarm clock on Monday morning after a peaceful weekend.

I think most Western countries have problems of having too many people in jobs that they are ill suited for and are totally unrewarding.

DUDE! LOL :noway: :laugh:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    If one has a job they dislike, and/or is completely unsatisfying and unrewarding, I can see why someone would have a F-U feeling towards the alarm clock on Monday morning after a peaceful weekend.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • I said FU to my alarm clock this morning too, just because I COULD NOT sleep last night and hated getting up. Could have stayed snuggled up in my sheets forever.

My weekend.... pretty Eh. Grocery shopped, school shopped, fixed my garage doors, helped my dad fix my firefighter friend's truck and had two good workouts Saturday and Sunday. A little depressed this weekend too so I cried a little and tried to get all the pent up anxiety and stress out. LOL Overall a semi-productive weekend! :laugh:
  • MissingMinnesota

:laugh: :laugh:

I say F-U alarm clock because I have to get up at 5am and usually only get about 5-6 hours of sleep on sunday/monday.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    I don't say F-U alarm, because I hardly ever have to wake up to one. :smile:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    I say F-U alarm clock because I have to get up at 5am and usually only get about 5-6 hours of sleep on sunday/monday.

What about going to sleep earlier on Sunday nights?
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    I'm sooooo tired... Weekend was great, saw loads of people (family and friends travelling over to see me), didn't sleep much.
    Was great fun, we had good weather overall.

I think I've got more coffee than blood in my veins now, so I too say FU alarm clock!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Friday went to an early Birthday dinner with 2 of my friends...Ate way to much sushi but it was sooo good.. Ended up staying home on friday night due to torrental downpours...

Went out Saturday and heard a very nice cover band. Hung out with N who btw retracted the whole player statement and actually said I'm the opposite of a player lol....

Sunday picked up my babies and hung out with them at the house just relaxing... Tonight were going to the Kareoke bar were all drinks are free for ladies on Mondays lol
  • MissingMinnesota

What about going to sleep earlier on Sunday nights?

Okay I am sorry I tried to be a little creative with the topic instead of "How was your weekend?" I could have said "Are you having a case of the mondays?" would that have been better for you?
  • solman66
    solman66 Posts: 175 Member
    My parents decided on thursday they were coming for a visit so I spent friday night and saturday morning cleaning. My dad helped me construct a retaining wall in my front yard saturday afternoon and we went out to eat saturday night.
    Sunday my mom made a nice homecooked meal, which was so much better than any of the garbage that I cook.

In between that I landed a 2nd date with a girl I met online who actually took the initiative and picked the day/location. I've never had that happen before and it's kind of awesome. Later the same night my buddy texted me about his cousin he's been trying to set me up with for the past 3 months. Our schedules never coincided and once again they won't.... he is hosting a dinner party the same night I made plans with the other girl.