What book are you reading now??

Replies

• LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    "Freethinkers: A History of American Secularism" by Susan Jacoby.
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    One for the Money...someone just gave me all 20 of the Stephanie Plum series last night so I have to get working!
  • xrandi
    xrandi Posts: 11
    "Special Topics in Calamity Physics" by Marisha Pessl.
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe.
  • LOVED the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

I just finished a memoir called Ravenous and picked up The Path of Daggers (8th in the Wheel of Time series).

Is it your first time through WoT? I quit after book 8 (I couldn't keep up with them once I started college and it's too much of an investment to start them all over now) but I'm dying to know how the series ends!! If you finish them, maybe you could message me what happens?? :wink:
  • Stealing Innocence I--Sylvia Hubbard
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    "The Sword" really good so far! :D futuristic - yet the future is medieval! so cool!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7393372-the-sword
  • Kailel
    Kailel Posts: 61 Member
    A Song of Ice and Fire Book Four: A Feast For Crows.

(Game of Thrones)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    11/22/63 - Stephen King and Last Night at Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger. Just finished A Wolf at the Table by Augusten Burroughs.
  • karamaye
    karamaye Posts: 14
    im a bit of a book worm so here goes i just finished Divergent, the 50 shades of grey series and the hunger games trilogy... now im in the 2nd chapter of Don Quixote

I'm obsessed with the Hunger Games Triology and needed something to take it's place. I've read and suggest Divergent and the sequel, Insurgent. And then Matching and the sequel Crossed. Very good!
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    The Stranger by Albert Camus

Great book!
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Currently reading Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. Love this series! Finished book 6 last night and have to wait for 7, so in the meantime I just started Nicholas Spark's The Lucky One. Then I will have to watch the movie (w/Zach Efron).
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Halfway through "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern. It's a lovely book, not really in the realm of fantasy but it deals with magic and otherworldly things while at the same time being rather just about the lives of a few notable characters.

No idea what I'll read after that, I have a stack of books waiting.

I enjoyed The Night Circus. Very interesting!
  • Currently reading Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. Love this series! Finished book 6 last night and have to wait for 7, so in the meantime I just started Nicholas Spark's The Lucky One. Then I will have to watch the movie (w/Zach Efron).

Love the Stephanie Plum series! They are absolutely hilarious! The Lucky One is also a good one too!
  • tcbutler
    tcbutler Posts: 146
    "The Red Horseman" by Stephen Coonts
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Ambivalence: Adventures in Israel and Palestine by Jonathan Garfinkle. Another great $2.00 Strand find!
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    The Magicians by Lev Grossman.

Next books lined up are Wideacre by Philippa Gregory and The Exploits & Adventures of Miss Althea Darcy by Elizabeth Ashton.
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    im a bit of a book worm so here goes i just finished Divergent, the 50 shades of grey series and the hunger games trilogy... now im in the 2nd chapter of Don Quixote

I'm obsessed with the Hunger Games Triology and needed something to take it's place. I've read and suggest Divergent and the sequel, Insurgent. And then Matching and the sequel Crossed. Very good!

You sound like a similar reader to me:

Try delirium and pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
    Slated by Teri terry
    Partials (can't remember the author)
    And hunting lila by Sara alderson

I'm reading pure at the moment but it's a bit hard going, just bought code name verity so will report back on that!

Oh and if you like zombie type things try warm bodies (film coming out next year) by Isaac something and dark inside by jeyn Roberts (also being made into a film)

Oh AND the uglies and pretties series (ignore the rubbish titles) by Scott Westerfield.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    I am reading the third book of the Comanche series, Indigo Blue by Catherine Anderson.
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    i'm reading the second book of the hitchhikers guide to the universe, the restaurant at the end of the universe..